View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is the original Paint. My truck spent most of it's life out of the weather. The Previous Owner kept it in his garage or under a Car port. The stripes and Nite decals are original. I was, IMO very lucky to find it, in this condition. As for the way it looks now, those are pictures from 3 weeks ago and the one with my Sheltie from this summer . We did Wet sand with 800 then 1500 grit. Then Compound with Rubbing Compound and a rotary buffer. Then polished with Polishing Compound. Sealed with Turtle Wax Ice Paste. The completed job really suprised me. I kept away from touching the stripes and decals, just an FYI in case you try this. Only put the turtle wax or any wax on them. I first tried doing this on the passenger side Front fender and saw how it worked. Then I took my time and did the whole truck.
I do plan on getting it painted when I can afford it. It does has a couple of dings and I can see from under the Ext Cab corners it is starting to rust and it's only a matter of time till it will come to the surface. But for a 19 year old truck I'm thrilled with it.

jsalveson, You have found one of the most rare Nites,,,,, 4x4 Ext. Cab with the 351 engine. Your avatar pic looks great, Guy you are lucky and it will look awesome If you put on those huge 37's w/6" lift . Whatever you do, Don't ever Sell It. If it needs paint do it. These trucks are rare, not many have survived. Best To Ya 92