View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 PM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tomw
Bill you are being nit picky. I will continue to call the computer the ECM until I stop posting here. If it concerns you that I use the 'wrong' term, so be it. I don't care. It doesn't bother me whether you READ my posts or not, and it doesn't bother me what you want to call the computer...
If you poke around on this site and any others that I post on regarding cars and trucks, you'll find that I don't use the term PCM and likely won't. There are more terms for it than the two we have been discussing, so I just stuck with the one that is easiest for me to type. I honestly won't ever change, I'm too old, and don't give a fig. If the readers want to 'correct my terminology', have at it. If they want to read what I post as helpful suggestions based on 40+ years of fiddling with cars, I like that too. My ego is not tied up in being the most accurate in terminology. Go read some of my other posts, and there is humor [well I thought so...] buried in some of them. As in a tone ring having dental problems... the teeth, get it? Not quite the 'proper technical term', but I don't care. I am not a professional discussing stuff with other professionals. If there is some code thingy that shows on posts to indicate the poster is an actual 'Pro', then I might consider caring. But I don't know of one...
later
t
I read your posts and that's exactly why I brought it up. Why doesn't a guy whom appears to have that much knowledge use the wrong term? It was the EPA that set the rules and terms to be used, just like the location of the OBD-II port, within a certain distance from the steering column.

Sorry, I even mentioned it now.