Thread: EB Observation
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What changed, the addition of electric power steering is probably the biggest factor and on the EB the need to have clean air blowing on the intercooler.

I've never understood those who are against plowing or working with a half ton. These trucks are very strong and durable. Heck, I've had many F150's with plows and have not had any more problems with my trucks then folks who use theirs as grocery getters.

This offset plate thing just set me over the edge on considering a EB F150. So there's no sense in getting into a debate over plow vs don't plow. But what's going to happen when someone replaces their factory front bumper with one of those rugged aftermarket monsters with a large winch right in the middle? That's going to block FAR more air then a plate will. Does owning a EB powered F150 mean you can't add accessories that might blocks some of the airflow to the intercooler. Ford's offset plate says it's a problem. If it wasn't the front of the EB would look just like ever other 11 F150.

But hey, some say, it's my loss. Is it really? I want a truck I can work with that I don't need to handle lightly. If the EB option limits that, then it's not for me.