View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
7.3 Ex
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm also making progress on my search for braided stainless steel, teflon and kevlar lined brake hoses. Crown Performance makes multiple kits for this truck of varying lift heights. I have 2.5" Icon coils so I plan to go with about a 4" lift brake line kit so I've got plenty of travel if I ever modify my suspension again.

Crown Performance has a good price for a front and rear combined kit that supposedly comes with replacement brackets for a smooth install. However, over the phone they told me for the rear they only replace the main line and not the two lines that split from that juncture and go to the calipers. They said some folks have those custom made and there was something about some pins or something being the reason they don't include those lines in their regular kit. I was told they have all of the fittings sizes on file so they can fabricate them no problem. They also said even without replacing those several inches on each side that a few feet will be replaced throughout the truck and will still make a huge improvement in brake pedal response and firmness. They said it is the front that will be most helpful.

Skyjacker also offers a kit that has great reviews but seems to be only available for the front. Super Duty Headquarters also offers some good looking kits but so far Crown Performance has the prices beat.