Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   2011 truck problems (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/998881-2011-truck-problems.html)

gunnymyrick 10-06-2010 06:45 PM

2011 truck problems

5600 miles 5 times to the dealer for engine and transmission problems one time, towed in! "2011 Ford Junk" is printed on three windows. Our vehicle was ordered from the factory! (6.7 diesel King Ranch) It arrived with on broken back window and the windshield scratched. That was fixed! With the air-conditioner on you cannot adjust the dual temp. unless you go to full heat. That is how it is designed. At 200 miles the engine lost all power due to a crack in the intake to the turbo charger and other sensors the in the system. Drove back to the dealer ship at a top speed of 40 mph while the DEF fluid was being pumped into the engine most of the way which made my wife sick from the fumes! Continuing on our trip the DEF fluid continued to be pumped into the engine to clean the exhaust system from the previous problem. At apox. 300 miles the dash lights flicker on and off and did so 5 times on the trip. Apox. 400 miles the engine developed a miss and hesitation when accelerating. This happens about every 500 miles. Aprox. 1500 miles the dealership could not duplicate these problems. At aprox 4000 miles the transmission locked up trying to get into my driveway with an incline of 10 degrees. It felt like the clutches were slipping. When I put it into 4x4 to try to move it and it lurched forward. Engine oil and other fluids were changed including DEF fluid. Could not duplicate transmission lock up or engine miss. At 5000 miles the engine lost power again and burned the hood ,window washers. The engine warning light came on when I restarted the engine. The truck was towed in 2 days latter. (Weekend) We stayed in a motel until the motor was fixed well enough to get home. On the return the light blinked on and off only once, it developed a miss only once and the transmission did not lockup. The hood underneath is still burnt but the wipers and what ever else seem to be working! Were about to take another trip to retrieve my son things since his death last month. Maybe we will make it and maybe we won't. I didn't tow the boat home from the coast this year because I don't trust it! Some minor problems still exist, paint missing, loose plastic, loose mirror... I have owned nothing but ford trucks but this is the last straw. My problem is NOT with the dealership Meridian Ford, they have been trying to help. But Ford on the other hand is ... Their legal department is looking into it! For a buy back. Thank God Ford doesn't make airplanes!

nico963 10-06-2010 07:11 PM

I think I'm gonna just sit back and watch this one...Because IMO :-liessign

sammy77 10-06-2010 07:14 PM

Ouch!!!!!!!!

11superduty 10-06-2010 07:17 PM

WOW!!! It sounds like somebody who don't like ford sabotaged your truck !! broke in the back window opened the hood and did who know's what, Your dealer should have never accepted that truck and I know If I ordered that truck and it came in like that the first thing out of my mouth would have ben get another truck or give me deposit back! Ford should replace that truck for you, most everyone who own's a 2011 super duty loves the truck !!!!

roadkingfl 10-06-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gunnymyrick (Post 9410157)
5600 miles 5 times to the dealer for engine and transmission problems one time, towed in! "2011 Ford Junk" is printed on three windows. Our vehicle was ordered from the factory! (6.7 diesel King Ranch) It arrived with on broken back window and the windshield scratched. That was fixed! With the air-conditioner on you cannot adjust the dual temp. unless you go to full heat. That is how it is designed. At 200 miles the engine lost all power due to a crack in the intake to the turbo charger and other sensors the in the system. Drove back to the dealer ship at a top speed of 40 mph while the DEF fluid was being pumped into the engine most of the way which made my wife sick from the fumes! Continuing on our trip the DEF fluid continued to be pumped into the engine to clean the exhaust system from the previous problem. At apox. 300 miles the dash lights flicker on and off and did so 5 times on the trip. Apox. 400 miles the engine developed a miss and hesitation when accelerating. This happens about every 500 miles. Aprox. 1500 miles the dealership could not duplicate these problems. At aprox 4000 miles the transmission locked up trying to get into my driveway with an incline of 10 degrees. It felt like the clutches were slipping. When I put it into 4x4 to try to move it and it lurched forward. Engine oil and other fluids were changed including DEF fluid. Could not duplicate transmission lock up or engine miss. At 5000 miles the engine lost power again and burned the hood ,window washers. The engine warning light came on when I restarted the engine. The truck was towed in 2 days latter. (Weekend) We stayed in a motel until the motor was fixed well enough to get home. On the return the light blinked on and off only once, it developed a miss only once and the transmission did not lockup. The hood underneath is still burnt but the wipers and what ever else seem to be working! Were about to take another trip to retrieve my son things since his death last month. Maybe we will make it and maybe we won't. I didn't tow the boat home from the coast this year because I don't trust it! Some minor problems still exist, paint missing, loose plastic, loose mirror... I have owned nothing but ford trucks but this is the last straw. My problem is NOT with the dealership Meridian Ford, they have been trying to help. But Ford on the other hand is ... Their legal department is looking into it! For a buy back. Thank God Ford doesn't make airplanes!

Do you drink? If you don't, you should start, it will prolong your life.

srkr 10-06-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by nico963 (Post 9410268)
I think I'm gonna just sit back and watch this one...Because IMO :-liessign

Im gonna watch also...I have my doubts also.:-whud

Shane

bobbyg 10-06-2010 07:33 PM

Truck Vin please....... I call total bull**** post!! troll from dodge forum having some fun.

11superduty 10-06-2010 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyg (Post 9410365)
Truck Vin please....... I call total bull**** post!! troll from dodge forum having some fun.

This it what i'm thinking:-liessign

gunnymyrick 10-06-2010 08:12 PM

For those of you who doubt my post vin #1ft8w3bt4bea51789 price paid $62,348.00

I don't know how to post a picture or I would be glad to show what I have printed on the windows with car crayon. "2011 FORD JUNK"

720Deere 10-06-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by gunnymyrick (Post 9410554)
Price paid $62,348.00

I think this is where this guy's experience started to go downhill fast!

:eek:

gunnymyrick 10-06-2010 08:25 PM

what do you mean by my experience?

Biggziff 10-06-2010 08:34 PM

Everything Steven has posted here is true. Some of you owe him an apology. Terrible way to welcome a new member here.

Steven, I hope you get this all sorted out or get a new truck. I know first hand this stuff isn't fun. You'll find some good folks on here and some not so good folks. Sorry that you got the mob treatment on here.

I'm very sorry for your loss also...I cannot imagine losing a child.

gunnymyrick 10-06-2010 09:05 PM

I want to thank most of you for your advice and concern. You have given us a little hope! I don't know what to say to the rest of you?
Good bye!

jayman2 10-06-2010 10:06 PM

First I would like to say sorry for the loss of your son.
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and suggest after reading your story. From what you describe it sounds like someone tried to steal the truck at one point and messed up some of the electrical harness or wiring under the hood in the process causing all the problems.

nico963 10-06-2010 10:33 PM

One has too understand that when a guy with 3 posts starts a thread like that,You have to be alittle suspicious.Alot of people don't want Ford to succeed.It is hard to believe one truck could have that many major problems at one time.With that said...gunnymyrick,I hope everything works out for you,your truck and your family.