Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   October Chat/ All Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/997984-october-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

mechmagcn 10-03-2010 09:56 PM

October Chat/ All Topic Thread

3 Attachment(s)
Since it looks like our leader is dragging his feet, I'll start this one :-X10
Spent the weekend at my place on the river, had a lot of fun. Cooked steaks on the grill, think I have hooked another lady on my cooking :9 The high winds last night knocked down a dead tree, damage could have been worse.
Oh, and picked up my (new to me) Harley Fri, I think it's gonna be a blast

Old_Crow 10-04-2010 04:09 AM

Thanks for reminding me it's about time to start cutting wood. I need about 3 or 4 ricks to heat the shop this winter.
Nice lookin' bike, I love the flames, but I'm bettin' the new lady will absolutly hate that seat.
We got about 120 miles in on the bike yesterday. Up to Fifty-Six, then Hwy 341(Push Mtn Road) to Norfork and then 5 back to Mtn View. Stopped and ate at Don Quixote's in Calico Rock...great as always.
Got home and put the crank sensor on the Crown Vic(what idiot put that SOB under the a/c compressor?). Damned if the thing didn't start right up, run about 10 min and run out of gas right where it's sitting.

Oh, and Ash_Flat...that F500 we were talking about is between Calico Rock and the prison on Hwy 5. Still sitting there waiting on a new owner.

mechmagcn 10-04-2010 09:29 AM

Wally, the lady is not the only one who hates the seat, it's about as hard as a brick. Been looking on E-bay, didn't realize what a seat costs :-roll The front tire is in need of replacement and the speedo drive, but otherwise, I can find nothing wrong. According to KBB, I bought the bike for almost $2K below book value.

tojoski 10-04-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 9399060)
Since it looks like our leader is dragging his feet, I'll start this one :-X10

Woops, :-innocent

Is it October already?

Nice bike Jeff, now.. it's time to start looking for you one of those shirts...

mechmagcn 10-04-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 9400660)
Woops, :-innocent

Is it October already?

Yeah Joe, that was my thought too.
Hey Wally, since we're talking seats and you're a bigger guy like me, what would you reccomend. I never thought that there would be so many choices out there :-X15:confused::confused::confused::confused:
A few more shots of the bike can be seen here. http://picasaweb.google.com/mechmagc...eat=directlink Never was much on flame jobs, but the chamelion effects sort of grow on you.

Old_Crow 10-04-2010 05:39 PM

Whatchu tryin' to say, Willis? :-X0A6
Personally, I'm a Mustang guy. I kinda like this for your bike:
Wide Touring Vintage Solo - Harley-Davidson Softail 75757 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

They make it in a one piece and with studs and conchos if you like that kinda stuff(the one I have for my bike has both). There is also a narrower version, but...well, you know.

I didn't think I was gonna like the flames when we were talking about them, but now that I've seen the pics, I've got to say I like 'em a bunch and I bet the pics don't do them justice.

Oh, and Dunlop Elite 3's for the tires. Last longer and handle better than the stock Dunlop 402's the bike came with.

mechmagcn 10-04-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9401713)
Whatchu tryin' to say, Willis? :-X0A6

Hey I did say "like me" I ain't no little guy either. :rolleyes:
Looking at E-bay, there's a Wide Super Touring One-Piece Studded Seat - Harley-Davidson Softail 75503 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats for $369.99 with free shipping. Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy it. Motorcycle lift should be here tomorrow, other parts from JP later this week, maybe a good ride this coming weekend:-D Oh and the flames, I didn't like em when I first looked at the bike, was dark and just a carport light, but in the sun they look great.

Old_Crow 10-05-2010 03:52 AM

If you're gonna buy tires online, I usually check 4 sites for prices as they can have sales at different times. Dennis Kirk, Jake Wilson, American Motorcycle Tire and Southwest Moto Tire.
For parts I usually use Jirehcycles.com and for a resource such as FTE this site is good:
HarleyTechTalk - Index

scottzj 10-05-2010 05:23 AM

Good morning FTE peps!
Have a great day! :)

ash_flat_diesel 10-05-2010 09:31 PM

Thanks Wally, I was all excited when I thought it was a crew cab, not terribly interested in it being a reg cab but I will get over there just to see it. Supposed to go to Jonathons this weekend to get my bed with the toolbox door in the right side. Detroit finally showed up last week, gotta get it cleaned up, replace some gaskets etc... Anybody know about Med duty trannys? It came with a Spicer cm 5052 4 cant find anywhere the specs, wonder if its direct drive in 5th? surely is

tojoski 10-06-2010 07:58 PM

Anybody else going to the air show this weekend?

We'll be there Saturday.

Old_Crow 10-07-2010 05:50 AM

Lynn and I were supposed to ride the bike down there with my bro in law Sat, but I've got to work at the restoration shop. Sunday we'll be doing last minute stuff for War Eagle the next weekend.
Supposed to be a good show this year.

zhilton 10-09-2010 02:10 PM

Yeah, it's October already...Thanksgiving will be here soon; followed by Christmas. Can't wait to battle the lines and idiots trying to fill Santa's list.

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 9410484)
Anybody else going to the air show this weekend?

We'll be there Saturday.

I talked to my dad about 1100 today and he said he was inline to find a parking spot at LRAFB. He didn't seem too thrilled...oh well.

sddesigns 10-11-2010 08:45 AM

Good Morning Arkansas! :)

Happy Columbus Day! :D

For all of those that are off, have fun, and those that aren't, still have fun!

mechmagcn 10-11-2010 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Wally! This seat is Much Mo Better!!!!!!
Rode yesterday for about 50 miles, thought my rear would never be the same, new seat just came in, put it on and rode about 5 miles, I LOVE IT!!!!