Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Any Truck Pullers in the house??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/991940-any-truck-pullers-in-the-house.html)

hotrod_heart 09-14-2010 12:18 AM

Any Truck Pullers in the house???

Curious to know if anybody from this chapter, is active in truck pulls? I am currently building my 78 into a "stock" puller. Looking for tips and tricks of any sorts. Ever since i was a lil kid i have been overly obsessed with truck and tractor pulls. Not sure if any of you guys have heard of Brent Shunke he runs a 60's ford in the open class with jus a lil 351C running against 500-600 some odd C.I. motors and let me tell you what when that thing screams up to 8800rpms out the zoomies its the sweetest sound ever. Funny thing is that thing usually places 1st or 2nd all the time.......................the little engine that could:) oohh btw his truck is called pass-n-time

Ford79 09-14-2010 06:53 AM

I love truck pulling, just haven't made the time to put a truck together for it. That may change this winter. I have a truck and an engine. Now, just need to find a 4spd and a tansfer case.

fordpower88 09-14-2010 07:17 AM

I myself have never done it but i sure enjoy going to them when I get the chance! Not much help on tips but there is a spot here that talks pulling and other stuff. Here it is: Competition - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums These guys can maybe help with questions you might have.

hotrod_heart 09-14-2010 06:04 PM

Thanks for the link for truck pulling, hopefully they can steer me in the right direction on the questions I have.

Ford79 09-14-2010 08:18 PM

Here's another link for you. Reddog's Pullin Truck board

If you have any questions, you can PM me and I'll help with what I can.

havi 09-15-2010 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
At the DECC wayyyyyy back when, lol.

fordpower88 09-15-2010 07:51 PM

Those are some cool pics Scott!! Brings back some memories of when I first saw Bigfoot in person.....way cool!!

hotrod_heart 09-16-2010 05:29 AM

[quote=fordpower88;9327421]I myself have never done it but i sure enjoy going to them when I get the chance! Not much help on tips but there is a spot here that talks pulling and other stuff. Here it is: Competition - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums These guys can maybe help with questions you might have.[/quote

If i had a diesel these guys would be more then glad to help a person out, but since its not they dont seem to eager to spend time to listen and answer questions. My search continues................

fordpower88 09-16-2010 07:18 AM

That sucks Luke. I was hoping that wouldn't make a difference. If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

hotrod_heart 09-16-2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 9334879)
That sucks Luke. I was hoping that wouldn't make a difference. If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Thank you, I appreciate the time your taking. Btw I am curious i see a number of people have a petes cover on the 7.3 what in the world is that?

fordpower88 09-16-2010 08:23 AM

Anytime Luke! On our 7.3's if you take out the stock air cleaner box then you can install a big air filter model#6637 which is a paper element that is open to the air. It is a poor mans cold air intake that works extremely well. There are guys pushing 500hp using these filters. This guy Pete (f250_) on here came up with this idea for a cover for them that can have writing on them. Here is a link to his website with photos of the covers on the filter: Photo Gallery

Ford79 09-16-2010 09:09 PM

[quote=hotrod_heart;9334742]

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 9327421)
I myself have never done it but i sure enjoy going to them when I get the chance! Not much help on tips but there is a spot here that talks pulling and other stuff. Here it is: Competition - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums These guys can maybe help with questions you might have.[/quote

If i had a diesel these guys would be more then glad to help a person out, but since its not they dont seem to eager to spend time to listen and answer questions. My search continues................

Did you check out the link I posted above? Reddog's Pullin Truck Forum

Those are some pretty cool old pics.