Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   security from factory? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/986816-security-from-factory.html)

Skip1970 08-28-2010 07:32 AM

security from factory?

I believe i have a factory security system, when i push the lock key fob 2x it beeps the horn, but there is no light on the dash, is there no light or is the bulb burned out or what? anyone know what bulb number it might be if there is one? and where the light is at?

2000 excursion 7.3 limited.

Shepherd2 08-28-2010 08:23 AM

I dont think there is one. On my 02 the only light that flashes is the Theft indicator on the cluster for the Pats.

Snowseeker 08-28-2010 08:47 AM

My 03 also beeps the horn if I press the lock twice.

Helidriver 08-28-2010 11:38 AM

Unless you have added an alarm there isn't one (at least on the 2000). The theft light refers to the transponder key anti theft system, not an alarm. When you double click your fob the horn beeps confirming your lock doors command. There is an anti theft system but it's passive and only has to do with the ignition key.

I had the same question and actually found the answer in the owners manual.

Now I'm trying to find an alarm that will work in my Ex without butchering the factory wiring harness.

RPEX 08-28-2010 11:52 AM

I have a 2000 and I bought it with a viper system already installed and I wouldn't reccomend that peticular one. I had a mechanic friend look at it because I was having problems with the door locks and he told me that some vehicles just have problems with certain systems. He said once he ripped out his viper system things went back to normal (he was having the same issues). I don't know if it is actually the system itself or the way it was installed but I do know I have issues with mine.

Shepherd2 08-28-2010 04:15 PM

Now I'm trying to find an alarm that will work in my Ex without butchering the factory wiring harness.
You need to get one of these. http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=202

And more important than the alarm itself is the install.
Just got one of these with remote start for $150. C3 RS-915LCD - 2-Way Communications - AutoPage
Man there's alot of wires.

Moto Mel 08-28-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shepherd2 (Post 9268431)
You need to get one of these. http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=202

And more important than the alarm itself is the install.
Just got one of these with remote start for $150. C3 RS-915LCD - 2-Way Communications - AutoPage
Man there's alot of wires.

I've got a Viper in mine and I'm not happy with it. I'm very interested in how yours works out so make an update on it when it's installed and operating. Looks like a good system.

AlaskanEx 08-28-2010 07:57 PM

how happy you are with a aftermarket remote start/alarm realllly depends alot on the installer. in my opinion, which luckly i have a guy i trust.

i had the older style 2 way remote start/alarm viper on my old '04

this monday im dropping my '00 off to get the new top of the line viper remote start/alarm with the cool color LCD key fob an all that jazz. i expect to be just as happy with the one. the one mile range on the viper worked great!

Shepherd2 08-28-2010 09:45 PM

I've always wondered about alarms that claim a one mile range, so it really works? Actually the Autopage I got can operated with a cell phone from Tokyo if you get the optional module. Kinda cool but it gets pricey. Even has gps tracking to keep an eye on the kids or spouse :-innocent. What is C3?

AlaskanEx 08-28-2010 11:28 PM

yeah i've been downtown before with the truck in the parking garage atleast 1/2 mile away(that walk sucked in the winter) and it worked, i got into a nice toasty warm truck. ofcourse that was with buildings..ect so in better conditions it should work at the stated 1 mile range. i'll say this i never had a situation where i did not have contact with the truck.

Skip1970 08-28-2010 11:32 PM

alright, im trying to install my transponder data bypass module, XK04 and its not programming, i want to install it with my remote start before it gets cold. damn these transponders suck!

AlaskanEx 08-28-2010 11:43 PM

yeah thats one reason i wont touch remote starts/alarms. i love wiring and do alot at work but those just look like a pain in the ass. so i say goodluck! haha

Skip1970 08-29-2010 11:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ok pulled the dash apart! there is no THEFT BULB in the hole! that why i wasent getting the dang light.. anyone know what socket it is and bulb becuase it different then the rest of them!

also come to find out my do ajar light was out so gonna replace the bulb. neat feature i didnt realize i had! hehehe

heres some pics

Skip1970 01-03-2011 05:58 AM

anyone know if the dash cluster is linked to pats? so you cant swap them out to a junkyard one?

jh818 01-03-2011 11:33 AM

I think if you swap the instrument cluster, you'll need to have it reset or something at the dealer. Your odometer won't work right or something like that.