Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   '56 COE found (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/984662-56-coe-found.html)

Stephen67 08-20-2010 07:24 PM

'56 COE found

I remember someone looking for one of these, '56 COE, drives, even has a bumper guard

1956 Ford C500

55 f350 08-20-2010 08:15 PM

yep that'd be jon aka vintage 56 . wonder if he's awake ??????????? he lives in oklahoma so ....................................... WAKE UP BUDDY HERE'S ONE FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make sure ya get a finders fee there stephen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-wink:-innocent

whateg01 08-20-2010 09:30 PM

That's a good looking truck! I sure wish I had room, time, and money to build a bunch of them. I bought a car from a guy a few years back for parts and he mentioned that he'd been hauling a bunch of stuff to a crusher in Oklahoma. Said that the place had about a dozen old COE trucks of different years and makes, but that the guy couldn't find buyers for them and crushed them all. Sure wish I'd known about them before. Or didn't know about them now. :(

Dave

vintage56 08-23-2010 08:16 AM

$5k is not in my plan. especially right now.
and whateg01, I'm going to totally ignore your post, if you don't mind... although I may cry myself to sleep tonight with what little I can't blot out of my memory.
JML

Tomget 08-23-2010 09:24 AM

Well I hope someone can use that cab-over. That's one nice project. Better than most of mine at the beginning stage for sure. Someone will see this. I hope.

BlueOvalRage 08-23-2010 12:43 PM

It certainly is a nice, solid looking truck, but vintage56 is right. It's way overpriced - by like 5X. There isn't much demand for the older big trucks and they just aren't worth much these days. It does have value because it's a '56 COE, but the sheet metal is mostly all that's desireable. You used to be able to find a lot of good deals on craigslist, but these days it seems like the sellers are all looking for eBay premium prices from their hometown market. I don't know if it's the economy or just plain greed. Either way, I don't think these people are selling much.

55 f350 08-23-2010 01:02 PM

i didnt read the ad real thorough but unless it runs and drives i can't say it's be worth too much more than 1000 around here for the shape it's in . then i doubt he'd get that as everyone pretty much wants 1/2 tons ....................... some reason or another , despite seeing so many cool restorations or rods based on bigger trucks nobody want's them ................:-huh:confused:

Stephen67 08-23-2010 02:09 PM

I always see a price like that as a starting point. Heck if I'm in no hurry I list things for a top dollar in case someone does bite, but often you get people willing to negotiate. I would be surprised if the seller wouldn't come down quite a bit if you sent him a message and he didn't get any bids. He even says to make him an offer at the end, it might have just been a number he threw out there. Always worth a shot, bartering, especially on Craigslist is expected, could always give him a fair price and the reason behind it and see what happens...

HT32BSX115 08-23-2010 03:47 PM

Nice looking 56 COE!!

I think he's in LALA land with the price but it's worth what someone offers!!! If he gets a $5k offer, it's $5k!!

POS-F500 08-24-2010 12:41 AM

I think I found a better deal... asking half the price!

But... it's pink... game killer there... ;)

1956 Ford C-600 COE Truck

lvin4jc 08-24-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by POS-F500 (Post 9252490)
I think I found a better deal... asking half the price!

But... it's pink... game killer there... ;)

1956 Ford C-600 COE Truck

Hmmn, a Mary Kay COE, that's a first :-X14

vintage56 08-24-2010 12:39 PM

before the economy puked, those trucks were readily bringing the $2000-$3500 buyers. for the last few years, though, nobody's been buying them at those prices. economy reset the prices back to the $1k-$1500 range. their popularity has grown immensely in the last few years, though. much to my chagrin.
so far, every time I find a truck, it either sells before I get there, is owned by the owner in no big hurry to sell and is just out of my range of negotiations, or is so far away the transport costs exceed my budget. there is one local truck that I'm working on the owner to sell. one of the straightest, rust-free I've found, and no I won't tell where it sits. :cool:
JML