Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

Snowseeker 10-31-2010 08:40 AM

Getting to be that time of year to clean up and store the X. I am going to miss it over winter.

slenser 10-31-2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Snowseeker (Post 9501441)
Getting to be that time of year to clean up and store the X. I am going to miss it over winter.

Heck, I'm looking forward to my first winter with it. I'm thinking it will rock in the snow!

jdw1 10-31-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by slenser (Post 9502274)
Heck, I'm looking forward to my first winter with it. I'm thinking it will rock in the snow!

They do rock in the winter!

I have two X's also and never divorced!

Snowseeker 11-07-2010 07:16 AM

Cleaned the wheels and tires yesterday. Had oil all over them from oiling the lug nuts when I put the new tires on. Today I may take the whole day and clean up the X and get it ready for storage.

CrzHelm 11-07-2010 07:37 AM

Well let just say Im not a happy camper. I just did the front half of my new procomp 6" lift kit and I'm very disgusted right now. What a total pos design. The new front leaves are 2" shorter than the original ones and now my axle is too far forward more than 2". And that combined with the increased height at the front axle the drive shaft is now way over extended. On top of that the new track bar drop down bracket dont line up with the track bar making my track bar 1" too short. Imo the hole is in the wrong place. Sorry i have to vent and think about what i need to say when I call Procomp. I'm on my out to do the rear. will report back later.

Snowseeker 11-07-2010 08:02 AM

Are you sure the leaf springs aren't backwards?

twisstedex 11-07-2010 09:02 AM

yes double check it.....as for today i hafta figure out y my offroad lights quit working and in stall my highlift jack on my roof rack,i finaly got my 37x20's to go with my 8inch super lift i just halfta find the time to do it .i just hope shes not to big..but i think shes gona look sick

slenser 11-07-2010 12:56 PM

Replaced my broken ignition lock cylinder and tried to fix the overhead display, but it still doesn't work :-huh Also noticed it has been dripping oil on the ground, so I guess I need to look into that, cuz I hate that.

Snowseeker 11-07-2010 03:39 PM

Washed and clayed the X where it needed it, cleaned and wiped on conditioner for all the plastics and leather, vacuumed entire thing and floor mats. Just have to clean the glass, detail the small stuff, and maybe spray on the waste oil.

Flawless_X 11-07-2010 04:08 PM

what paint did you use to make your bumper gold?

Snowseeker 11-07-2010 04:40 PM

I bought it like that. When I get paint I get it according to the factory paint code and use my sata gun to shoot it.

CrzHelm 11-07-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Snowseeker (Post 9529339)
Are you sure the leaf springs aren't backwards?

I triple checked that. the longer end of the spring is toward the front. also the longer side has a double military wrap around the bushing which will not fit in the shackle. it would be hard to f that up.
I really shouldve done the 4" kit. My front end is up 9.5 inch's from before. I didnt take in consideration that my original springs were worn and only 1" off the bump stop. I was probably 3" down from new then adding 6 more put me at just over 9". you can see the shock and sway bar links are slanted forward now and before they were straight up and down. at least I got the rear lift done today so its all done now. I got the track bar to line up but I had to start it up and turn the steering wheel to shift the axle over so i can get the bolt in. now on the highway my steering wheel is pointed at 9:00. I wonder what the guy at alignment shop is gonna say. I doubt 35" tires are even gonna clear the bumper. see what happens tomorrow.x(

Skip1970 11-07-2010 11:37 PM

Changed my rear diff fluid and added new friction modifier to it also. and painted the rear cover also.

AlaskanEx 11-07-2010 11:39 PM

drove it, washed it, filled it up lol

mark996 11-08-2010 05:14 AM

I'll be changing plugs and boots, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, cleaning up the interior, and possibly a few other minor things. This will consume probably an entire day in itself. Eventually, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll do the stealth mod to the wheels with some bed liner.