Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

robert_l_ross 08-05-2011 04:39 PM

I highly suggest the Whelen Vertex units...built-in flasher unit (into the cord), can sync with other units...runs cool and VERY bright. I was syncing up the flash patterns last night and accientally looked at the unit at about 110 degrees off-axis and it hurt my eyes something fierce. STOOOPID bright, low draw, low heat...and only 1" around. Saving up for many more!

wpnaes 08-07-2011 06:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Broke my rear anti lock brake sensor (on the Hellwig, long story with pics)...

That sensor is a magnet that should be cleaned now and then. Just pulls out with pliers after taking out the 10mm bolt. Clean and reinstall.

wpnaes 08-07-2011 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more pics...

BassFantasizer 08-07-2011 06:49 PM

Are you in Mexico or China? (That's the only two places I've ever seen anything jacked up that way.) :-X19

I know that it won't be ME crawling under it! :-hair

wpnaes 08-07-2011 06:56 PM

LOL, that other crazy country called Kalifornia...

Seriously, it was lifted just enough to slide rocks under the left rear so it could be backed out! Safety first.

fordboy67 08-07-2011 08:15 PM

Rolled mine over 179,000 miles on the way home from a camping trip with the family;)

AlaskanEx 08-07-2011 09:09 PM

i'm getting daily reports on mine....sitting out in the rain :( missing it.

Skip1970 08-08-2011 03:47 AM

ours got backed into friday night by my sisters boyfriend after he had 3 beers and decided he was gonna go for a drive.

SkySkiJason 08-08-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by b-uno (Post 10671131)
ours got backed into friday night by my sisters boyfriend after he had 3 beers and decided he was gonna go for a drive.

Bummer. I would have probably made sure the bill to repair him was greater than that to repair the X. :-arrgh :-X19

BassFantasizer 08-08-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by SkySkiJason (Post 10671376)
Bummer. I would have probably made sure the bill to repair him was greater than that to repair the X. :-arrgh :-X19

Here in the Alabama, Georgia, Florida triangle, it's even legal. :-X22

Snowseeker 08-08-2011 09:00 AM

Counting down the days till the next camping trip. Still haven't got a sway bar on it like I wanted to this summer. Thinking I'm gonna do shocks to since they are originals with 170K on them.

I store my X during winter and every fall I do some kind of stuff on it. Last year I changed all the fluids, replaced rear end cover, eliminated the intake heater, and got new tires on her. This fall I am going to build a sway bar, replace shocks, and check out and replace any bushings that are cracked up or falling apart. Maybe if I have time I will replace all the O-rings on the top end of the 7.3.

Skip1970 08-09-2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by SkySkiJason (Post 10671376)

I went out and asked him if he had insurance and he drove off laughing. really pisses me off! anyhow he backed over the cargo rack that was on the rear reciever hitch, it messed the bumper up some and the rack. he said he will get me a new rack, but i doulbt i will ever see that, the loser.:-arrgh

fordboy67 08-09-2011 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by b-uno (Post 10675255)
I went out and asked him if he had insurance and he drove off laughing. really pisses me off! anyhow he backed over the cargo rack that was on the rear reciever hitch, it messed the bumper up some and the rack. he said he will get me a new rack, but i doulbt i will ever see that, the loser.:-arrgh

Sounds like your sister needs to find a new boyfriend!!

jasonodsky 08-09-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by b-uno (Post 10675255)

What a KNOB! Be sure to call the accident in to the local police department. That way you have a record. Also, if he did not stop and exchange information, it may be considered leaving the scene of an accident. Cover your bases so you can be sure you could sue him in small claims court to recover the money. Small claims is a very easy process.

jasonodsky 08-09-2011 10:10 AM

I took the X, the wife and 7 kids (5 ours and 2 friends) to the county fair to watch the demolition derby. They even ran 4 busses in the derby!