Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

01__Excursion 05-01-2024 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by rsqfxr (Post 21213486)
yes it was a 2001

That X had fogs, that headlight switch is pretty rare.

rsqfxr 05-01-2024 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 01__Excursion (Post 21213930)

yeah that’s why I grabbed it, i added fogs to my 2000, I currently have 2 extra head/fog light switches

rsqfxr 05-03-2024 08:06 PM

Recently started experiencing stalling, say the light turns green and you start to accel the engine would stall sometimes, it would always start right back up so I thought it may be the CPS and as a good 7.3 owner I kept one in the vehicle, changed that and it still would stall, so I started searching on here and this forum led me right to the problem, the nut on the IPR fell off and the electro magnet would slide back on accel I guess killing oil pressure to the injectors and the engine would stall, never threw any trouble codes, glad to have a reliable truck again

bbock 05-03-2024 08:26 PM

Wow good research. Hope I remember this fix if (when)it happens to my EX which it probably will eventually . Mines a 2001 v-10 but delivered in 2000. Thanks for sharing.
:-X25

BigFatGuy 05-06-2024 01:26 PM

I pulled my steering gear box and removed the pittman arm. It's not much, but I've been getting deeper and deeper into this truck than I've ever been before.

Excurvelle 05-07-2024 08:53 PM

Took her on I-40 in AZ today without the trailer, set the cruise at 80 and let her stretch her legs.

CRH2 05-08-2024 01:48 PM

I ordered a 50" x 84" roof rack for mine. Also ordered a Spacelink residential satellite set for it. They have refurbished Gen 3's that they're selling for $400 with a 30 day trial for $1 in "select" markets so I popped for that. Plenty of vid's out there showing the residential version works fine mounted flat and while roaming. My plan is to mount the dish flat onto the rack and then order some 12V 100 watt solar cells up there to help keep the truck batteries charged up. And with a rack I'll have places to mount cb, ham & scanner antennas! Oh I'm currently a "transient" and the Ex is my home while I search for a house for rent somewhere in the rural midwest!

EXSwap 05-10-2024 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by CRH2 (Post 21220995)
I ordered a 50" x 84" roof rack for mine. Also ordered a Spacelink residential satellite set for it. They have refurbished Gen 3's that they're selling for $400 with a 30 day trial for $1 in "select" markets so I popped for that. Plenty of vid's out there showing the residential version works fine mounted flat and while roaming. My plan is to mount the dish flat onto the rack and then order some 12V 100 watt solar cells up there to help keep the truck batteries charged up. And with a rack I'll have places to mount cb, ham & scanner antennas! Oh I'm currently a "transient" and the Ex is my home while I search for a house for rent somewhere in the rural midwest!

I'd be interested to hear how that works out for you (the service). When I looked pretty hard at Starlink, I missed the window to order a unit for my area. By the time they came available again, they had changed the plan to either residential, or roaming. And the roaming was m ore expensive per month and I didn't think it worth the extra expense. From what I understood on the website, I wouldn't be able to do both (or switch back and forth I guess).

Excurvelle 05-11-2024 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by 01__Excursion (Post 21213930)

They are available after market, I ordered one from Advance Auto and it works perfectly.

rsqfxr 05-11-2024 09:09 AM

Did a brake job, front duralast gold rotors recommended by a local shop because of the 3 year warranty and hawk lts pads recommended by this forum, turns out i need a new hub bearing so i will be going back in once i receive it

OldMechanic57 05-11-2024 12:32 PM

Let it REST. I have all kinds of messes to clean up from the storm that came through Wednesday afternoon. At least the tornado didn’t quite make it here! But the winds did!

JAck19 05-14-2024 12:17 AM

I just wanted to poke my head in the door and say I miss you guys. Working on the Ex was the best. I was recently debating between a '13 350 and a '17 Silverado, and ended up getting the Silverado because I have a baby on the way and there's less I can do to it (33" tires are the biggest that fit LOL). Cam's already ordered, but outside of that I'm keeping it pretty boring. I hope all of you are keeping your Exs looking beautiful. It makes my heart happy every time I see one in the wild.

jeffm123 05-18-2024 07:16 PM

Mine cleaned up quite nice today.

Originally Posted by JAck19 (Post 21226319)
I just wanted to poke my head in the door and say I miss you guys. Working on the Ex was the best. I was recently debating between a '13 350 and a '17 Silverado, and ended up getting the Silverado because I have a baby on the way and there's less I can do to it (33" tires are the biggest that fit LOL). Cam's already ordered, but outside of that I'm keeping it pretty boring. I hope all of you are keeping your Exs looking beautiful. It makes my heart happy every time I see one in the wild.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ceab27b240.jpg

ASFC27FTFBQ 05-20-2024 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by JAck19 (Post 21226319)

Good to hear from you again. Hope all goes well with your little one.
Chevy is a good substitute. We have a 1984 S-10 and 2003 ZO6.
Happy trails.

twov8sandat4 05-20-2024 05:41 AM

Started the most fun repair on the EX. Doing all 10; 3 repairs, 7 preventative maintenance.

Joy :-X03