Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

Stewart_H 10-26-2016 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by DavenTn (Post 16673895)
Who needs a "private" poll? The real deal (early) voting yesterday... TRUMP!

Please feel free to post that sentiment over there, where political talk is encouraged, as opposed to....say....a conversation thread in a tech forum, where political discourse isn't allowed. ;) :-X22

Thanks! :-drink

Stewart

DavenTn 10-26-2016 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 16674311)
Please feel free to post that sentiment over there, where political talk is encouraged, as opposed to....say....a conversation thread in a tech forum, where political discourse isn't allowed. ;) :-X22

Thanks! :-drink

Stewart

er... um... you posted the original link here in the tech forum? right? MSNBC?

Stewart_H 10-26-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DavenTn (Post 16674330)
er... um... you posted the original link here in the tech forum? right? MSNBC?

Yes. And when you click the link, it takes people that have Club access to a place where any Club member can talk politics until the cows come home, or their keyboard breaks. Whichever happens first. ;)

Just because we can't talk politics or other stuff here, doesn't mean I can't alert folks to happenings in other forums. ;)

That's why I even posted the link to the poll in a separate thread here in the Ex forum, but locked it so replies can't be made.

Stewart

Skip1970 10-26-2016 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Skip1970 (Post 16669605)
My membership to the gold club is up. I was gonna renew tell i seen it comes with a gay hat now. Im holding out tell tge cool shirt comes back again now!

Whens the shirts commin back admin?

IMASAP 10-26-2016 02:31 PM

Took a ride down to the city today to order a 650 dash panel from the big Ford dealer. My local dealer is too much of a rip-off artist. Charged me $65...... not bad !

Stopped at the sport shop and bought a kayak to use next year on our camping trips. You know you drive an Excursion when you just toss a 10 ft. kayak in the back next to the dog bed.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...bbc6110500.jpg

05MilMachine 10-27-2016 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Excurvelle (Post 16671399)
That is one clean garage! Is it tall enough for a lift?

That's what I want to do. It just might be tall enough. I will probably have to get a two post lift and put it in the center in front of where the vehicles are in the pics. Might not be able to lift the Excursion all the way up, but the car is possible. Anything that lets me get under it is better than jackstands. The key is getting a lift that doesn't poke the beams through the roof when going up.

SmackDaddy 10-27-2016 07:47 AM

I ordered custom tunes from Larz Bullard at Gearhead Tuesday at 2pm and he had them finished and emailed to me in less than two hours. I got the SRL+, 8k Tow and Unlimited Tow package. I programmed SRL+ first and drove 80 miles easy on the pedal and then got on it some and WOW! This tune really woke the beast up. I have yet to straight up floor it from a stop because I don't want to roast my tires. The shifting and turbo response are crisp. Yesterday I programmed 8k Tow and pulled the boat to Seadrift and it tows like it was not even back there!

sddesigns 10-28-2016 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Big Blue got new sneakers for the winter!

FLO98 10-28-2016 08:41 PM

Finally got the new leece neville 230 alternator and FICM repair wiring upgrades installed, automatically noticed that it sounds like it's spinning a little faster to start and my battery voltage is sitting at 13.9 to 14.2 immediately after starting vs. 11.whatever to 12.whatever immediately after starting. Ed at ficmrepair.com for the win!!!!!!

gots_a_sol 10-28-2016 09:28 PM

Went and helped out at a horse enduro. We marked out the entire course and cleared debris. Plus remarked the trail after someone decided they didn't want to run the provided course and took our stuff down/put up their own :-huh

This was early Thursday with only about half of the horse folk having arrived. I slept in the Ex in the 2nd row seat. I have to bend my knees a bit but it isn't too bad actually.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rR...0-h990-no?.jpg

Quick clip from the wee hours of this morning when we ran out to double check everything was clear

Twitchyleprechaun 10-28-2016 10:12 PM

So I packed everything up again and I am heading for Texas. Galveston this time around. I think I will make it to Dallas to pick up the family on Thursday and head to Galveston on Friday, where we will spend a week. At first we were going to set up a booth at the Lone Star Rally with Full Throttle, but now that is not happening. However, I think Cycle Source Magazine wants me to do something for them at the rally but I have not got anymore details from them on that one.

I have a lot of stops to make between here and Texas and the trip will take about a week this time around.

agsmv1 10-29-2016 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun (Post 16680715)
So I packed everything up again and I am heading for Texas. Galveston this time around. I think I will make it to Dallas to pick up the family on Thursday and head to Galveston on Friday, where we will spend a week. At first we were going to set up a booth at the Lone Star Rally with Full Throttle, but now that is not happening. However, I think Cycle Source Magazine wants me to do something for them at the rally but I have not got anymore details from them on that one.

I have a lot of stops to make between here and Texas and the trip will take about a week this time around.

Safe travels! We will be heading back to SA for Christmas..:-jammin

SmackDaddy 10-29-2016 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by FLO98 (Post 16680430)
Finally got the new leece neville 230 alternator and FICM repair wiring upgrades installed, automatically noticed that it sounds like it's spinning a little faster to start and my battery voltage is sitting at 13.9 to 14.2 immediately after starting vs. 11.whatever to 12.whatever immediately after starting. Ed at ficmrepair.com for the win!!!!!!

Very nice setup! Well worth the money for peace of mind.

Magnus E 10-29-2016 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by FLO98 (Post 16680430)

h

i have the exact same setup - love it

Twitchyleprechaun 10-29-2016 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by agsmv1 (Post 16681700)
Safe travels! We will be heading back to SA for Christmas..:-jammin

I think we will be in Dallas for Christmas.