Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

housedad 10-21-2011 12:46 PM

Spent the day so far making a wiring thread for FTE!

TXtinct 10-21-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by housedad (Post 10946814)
Spent the day so far making a wiring thread for FTE!

That's exactly what I need... Thanks housedad...

jasonodsky 10-21-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by TXtinct (Post 10946682)
I was thinking about that, and if you have the same number of wires just different plug it might be easy enough to get the plug and adapt the computer. It may be less effort to just find one that fits though. Call USA Auto Parts (210-623-1202, they are out south of town and have some super duty's. They should have the same plug.

I tried that with an Expy overhead and it didn't work properly. The temp sensors worked at different resistance than the X...bought an X one and it worked pronto. Not sure if the F250 will cross over but that would have a better chance.

Toreador_Diesel 10-21-2011 03:28 PM

Injector Install adventure

Thread forthcoming....

Wednesday- got my injectors from Ryan, while it started as a good/exciting day, it ended bad...

I raced home (hadn't done that in awhile) and found two boxes on my doorstep. (One box-o-injectors and one a la reburned DP-Tuner.)

I yanked the necessary parts out of the truck and managed to seat the injectors that night. So around 2:30 am, I changed the oil as I wasn't about to run 4,000 mile old oil through my nice, new injectors. I go to change the oil filter and CAN'T GET IT OFF!!! :-arrgh:-arrgh:-arrgh

I had gone to Jiffy Lube the week before to change the oil since I didn't have the time to get dirty and do it myself and paid the price for it. Off to bed at 3:30 am (lost track of time) with my tail between my legs. (had to be up at 5:30 for work)

Thursday-I dialed, yelled, and got someone to come out and remove the filter while I was at work. Once more, I race home excited that I would get to drive my truck again....once more, I was wrong.

I pull all the glow plugs, hook the batteries up, cycle the key a few times to prime, and turn the key only to find that the starter is turning the motor VERY slowly; it's turning the motor, but seems like it's hit a bottleneck and can't turn any faster. :-arrgh

Friday (today)- Running by autozone for a new starter, hopefully I'll have my truck back in time to get a few drinks with some friends tonight...

TXtinct 10-21-2011 03:54 PM

That's a bummer, very frustrating. Hope you get up and running soon.

housedad 10-21-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel (Post 10947432)
Thread forthcoming....

Wednesday- got my injectors from Ryan, while it started as a good/exciting day, it ended bad...

I raced home (hadn't done that in awhile) and found two boxes on my doorstep. (One box-o-injectors and one a la reburned DP-Tuner.)

I yanked the necessary parts out of the truck and managed to seat the injectors that night. So around 2:30 am, I changed the oil as I wasn't about to run 4,000 mile old oil through my nice, new injectors. I go to change the oil filter and CAN'T GET IT OFF!!! :-arrgh:-arrgh:-arrgh

I had gone to Jiffy Lube the week before to change the oil since I didn't have the time to get dirty and do it myself and paid the price for it. Off to bed at 3:30 am (lost track of time) with my tail between my legs. (had to be up at 5:30 for work)

Thursday-I dialed, yelled, and got someone to come out and remove the filter while I was at work. Once more, I race home excited that I would get to drive my truck again....once more, I was wrong.

I pull all the glow plugs, hook the batteries up, cycle the key a few times to prime, and turn the key only to find that the starter is turning the motor VERY slowly; it's turning the motor, but seems like it's hit a bottleneck and can't turn any faster. :-arrgh

Friday (today)- Running by autozone for a new starter, hopefully I'll have my truck back in time to get a few drinks with some friends tonight...

Hey Diesel!

Don't forget to take off your frame ground and engine ground and wire brush the hell out of them on both the frame and engine and the wire!!!! Then put them back on and spray them with a sealant.

Snowseeker 10-21-2011 04:45 PM

And clean the battery terminals again. You'll get to drive her soon enough.

Stewart_H 10-21-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel (Post 10947432)
I go to change the oil filter and CAN'T GET IT OFF!!! :-arrgh:-arrgh:-arrgh

For your amusement.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post8059804

It also documents how to get the filter off when all else fails.

Stewart

Ghadaz 10-21-2011 05:57 PM

Replaced a shorted catalytic sensor.

medina525x 10-21-2011 06:02 PM

I'm in the process of a full on upgrade all the way around.
05 headlights ordered
05 grill and bumper
37's or 35's will be ordered this weekend hopefully along with some
mazzi, fuel or incubus wheels , I'm having
a hard time deciding on which to size I should go with.
Last but not least procomp lift with fox resv. shocks

TXtinct 10-21-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by medina525x (Post 10947932)
I'm in the process of a full on upgrade all the way around.
05 headlights ordered
05 grill and bumper
37's or 35's will be ordered this weekend hopefully along with some
mazzi, fuel or incubus wheels , I'm having
a hard time deciding on which to size I should go with.
Last but not least procomp lift with fox resv. shocks

Very nice, I like the way you think...

I picked a little something up on the way home from work... Had it on my last truck and yanked it off before I sold it. Maybe I can get this on this weekend. We'll see. I hoping to find a five gallon tank instead of this one but it will work for now.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...N/59baa50f.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...N/9bc6f325.jpg

Jigger2020 10-21-2011 09:03 PM

TX, Thats a serious horn there

hardRESET 10-21-2011 09:13 PM

What the h___!!!

Where in the heck is that tank going to mount, and is the thing even legal?!?!

TXtinct 10-21-2011 09:15 PM

In my opinion a big truck needs a big horn. I could have used it a couple times this week, which got me wondering what I was waiting for. It's been sitting in my storage unit for a over a year now. Enough I say, time for action.

TXtinct 10-21-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by hardRESET (Post 10948637)
Where in the heck is that tank going to mount, and is the thing even legal?!?!

It'll mount to the frame rail and I don't know. :D Never had an issue with the po po before though.}>