Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

Jigger2020 10-20-2011 08:47 PM

Banya, well done, its weird how we get used to things that bother us but we dont realize it until its gone

Welcome to FTE

TXtinct 10-20-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by dosecobanya (Post 10944310)
Hard wired my radar detector in, not hard but worth it. I never realized how ugly that cord was until it wasn't there.

What did you tap into? Overhead console?

hardRESET 10-20-2011 09:06 PM

Watch where you put that!!!

I had to replaced Fuse 35, 10A, Instrument Cluster... I was verifying which bulb it was that I needed for my interior lights and sometime when I removed the 3rd row light from the roof I touched something that I shouldn't have and blew the fuse. Evidently that fuse takes out the entire inside lighting as well as half of the Instrument Panel along with the gauges. I was worried to drive it to the Auto Parts store since the gauges were out and I did not know what else was too. So I borrowed my buddy's Jeep. Now I had wanted to get the 4 door Jeep prior to the EX, but my buddy went on deployment and entrusted me with keeping the gas sloshing around and the battery charged in his. I had driven it several times and realized that it rode way too rough and was like a tin can, way too much for my likings and that is what solidified my decision to get the EX that I had admired from afar for so long.

So although my EX was broken for a brief moment I still love her and regret ever wanting that other hussy. She is alive and well now with the new fuse and I am just awaiting the new LED interior lights so I can try and keep up with TXtinct...

TXtinct 10-20-2011 09:12 PM

Warning. I will spend all your money.

Jigger2020 10-20-2011 09:14 PM

TX, That should be on the cover of the owners manual

dosecobanya 10-20-2011 10:01 PM

Yeah, overhead console. I never thought about tapping into there until I pulled the darn thing off to mess with a broken milage/trip read out (that TX tried to help me with). So I guess i'm glad it broke, kinda, now I just need a new one...anybody?

Skip1970 10-21-2011 01:07 AM

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket

AlaskanEx 10-21-2011 02:44 AM

mines taking a few days off.

Skip1970 10-21-2011 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 10945181)
mines taking a few days off.

good, save them studs for when you actually will need them.

AlaskanEx 10-21-2011 03:12 AM

oh i still have summer tires on the excursion and expedition. i wont change them till it sticks.

after getting almost 16mpg with the explorer in town i decided to run another tank through her and see what i'm getting. it might make more sense to commute in it.

Toreador_Diesel 10-21-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by dosecobanya (Post 10944741)
Yeah, overhead console. I never thought about tapping into there until I pulled the darn thing off to mess with a broken milage/trip read out (that TX tried to help me with). So I guess i'm glad it broke, kinda, now I just need a new one...anybody?

I'll let you take a wild guess as to who has one.....it isn't me.

dosecobanya 10-21-2011 11:15 AM

Unfortunately it just didn't fit, go figure. The plugs were different. But it was nice meeting Txtinct though. Now I don't have to spend my money by myself.

Ghadaz 10-21-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by dosecobanya (Post 10946539)
Now I've got some help spending my money.

If I had help spending my money I would be in even more trouble... lol... especially excursion money...

TXtinct 10-21-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by dosecobanya (Post 10946539)
Unfortunately it just didn't fit, go figure. The plugs were different. But it was nice meeting Txtinct though. Now I've got some help spending my money.

I was thinking about that, and if you have the same number of wires just different plug it might be easy enough to get the plug and adapt the computer. It may be less effort to just find one that fits though. Call USA Auto Parts (210-623-1202, they are out south of town and have some super duty's. They should have the same plug.

dosecobanya 10-21-2011 12:42 PM

I'm up for some cutting and splicing. i can almost take that console off and find wires with my eyes closed.:-X10