Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Nevada's Aug BS/Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/979176-nevadas-aug-bs-chat-thread.html)

kermmydog 08-01-2010 05:56 PM

Nevada's Aug BS/Chat Thread

Well here it is Aug 1st. Jeff asked someone to start this so here it is. Any complains take them to Jeff. Ha Ha.

Craig

67nukeford 08-02-2010 08:52 AM

Good morning Nevada!

racerchick21 08-02-2010 09:33 AM

Good Morning! Short week for me. It's actually raining this morning, but still close to 90.

william_04_x 08-02-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by kermmydog (Post 9172645)
Well here it is Aug 1st. Jeff asked someone to start this so here it is. Any complains take them to Jeff. Ha Ha.

Craig

Jeff said for you to handle the complaints today.

#1) I'm hungry..

jarod17 08-03-2010 12:14 AM

Hungry? Sounds like BBQ time. Sign me up:D Good evening Nevada. Well, I got my new OS installed.

I was planning on taking my axle in to have the spring pads swapped out next week but we got the word yesterday that we may be out of work for up to three weeks soon so the axle is going to have to wait:-X09

Thanks for starting the thread Craig.

kermmydog 08-03-2010 04:21 AM

Good Morning Everyone. We headed out on a trip today & broke down in Las Vegas. My Mom's Honda started running hot. We were on Charleston & 15th. Not the best place to be broke. I managed to get back to Pahrump to my buddy's business & we got it fixed. I guess from talking to my brother a shop here put a radiator hose & thermostat maybe more. But they never bled the system of air. So the System wouldn't fully Pressurize plus I think the thermostat was bad. Then we decided to return home & next week we will try to get to Laughlin.

Craig

racerchick21 08-03-2010 09:50 AM

Good morning Nevada! Sunny & 98 right now. Craig we will be in Hawthorne for the race on Labor day, are you guys going?

jarod17 08-03-2010 04:25 PM

Good afternoon Nevada. Speed Week starts next week. Might actually get out to watch the speed trials this year.

kermmydog 08-03-2010 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by racerchick21 (Post 9178902)
Good morning Nevada! Sunny & 98 right now. Craig we will be in Hawthorne for the race on Labor day, are you guys going?

Michelle, I'm not sure, There really aren't any real good places to watch. By the time they get here they are spread out so far that it is hard to track. A friend of mine is working the course here & for basically one day he has to be out for the whole three days because of how spread out the cars are. If they stop this year here for an over night if Becker is racing his Pro Truck or what ever I might come out to see if I can see him & see if any of his crew I know anymore. Vici & I ran check points with his crew back when they raced the Terrible 250 in Pahrump. To me that is the only real fun to desert racing is if your with a pit crew of or a team driver. In my younger days as a mechanic I worked for racers. My mechanical career end working for a former Crew Chief at the Indy 500.

Craig

racerchick21 08-03-2010 06:18 PM

Well, they should have tech & registration and the parade downtown Saturday if you guys want to come by and see the cars. I don't know the course this year yet so I don't know if there are any good places to watch or not. Usually we will go between the accessible checkpoints during the day to find one.

67nukeford 08-04-2010 08:21 AM

Good morning Nevada, happy Hump day!

racerchick21 08-04-2010 09:35 AM

Thursday for me--woo-hoo!

67nukeford 08-04-2010 10:00 AM

Morning Michelle. I'm up to my eyeballs in work this week. It's killing my posting time! LOL!

racerchick21 08-04-2010 10:12 AM

Dang that pesky work anyway--I'm obviously not.....my DH keeps reminding me that I get paid for what I know not what I do, so not hard work but extremely boring at times...

kermmydog 08-04-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by racerchick21 (Post 9180603)
Well, they should have tech & registration and the parade downtown Saturday if you guys want to come by and see the cars. I don't know the course this year yet so I don't know if there are any good places to watch or not. Usually we will go between the accessible checkpoints during the day to find one.

Good Evening Everyone.
Michelle, are you referring to the Vegas to Reno race or is this a different race? Yea, if It is a Vorra Race we will be out checking things out. I was thinking of the Vegas to Reno race. Thanks for the heads up if this is something different. Hope to see you guys on that Saturday.

Craig