Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Door Chime (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/973848-door-chime.html)

Tomahawk 07-13-2010 10:15 PM

Door Chime

Stop the door chime when your keys are in the ignition switch on the 2011 Super Duty.

1. Remove the 3 screws that attach the bottom half of the steering column cover. You will need a 5.5mm or 7/32" socket to remove them.
2. The connector is located about 3" below and 2" in front of the turn signal lever, unclip the latch and remove the connector.
http://www.gavinsteele.com/sitebuild...e1-600x400.jpg

3. Pry the red lock out of the connector, this will allow you to bend the locking tab, and remove the blue wire. The blue wire is located between the violet/blue wire and blue/violet wire. The blue wire is also a smaller gauge than the other 5 wires.
4. Put a piece of heat shrink or electrical tape over the end of the blue wire, snap the red lock back in place, plug the connector back in and replace the steering column cover.
5. Enjoy the silence and remember your key pad unlock code.:-jammin
http://www.gavinsteele.com/sitebuild...e2-600x400.jpg

EpicCowlick 07-13-2010 10:21 PM

Tomahawk - that's awesome. I count on the little chime though cause I'd leave the keys in the ignition all the time without it...

Huntingbigun 07-13-2010 10:40 PM

Cool any ideas on the back up camera to make it on demand? :-D

my996duc1 07-13-2010 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Huntingbigun (Post 9106268)
Cool any ideas on the back up camera to make it on demand? :-D

Obviously a pulled wire would be ideal but I sent this company an email a few weeks ago and they said to check back in a month for our application.
This unlocks a few features on other models such as DVD, NAV, and camera(s). It also allows a person to add multiple cameras.
FORD LOCKPICKS

rickatic 07-14-2010 09:07 AM

The only annoyance so far on my new truck is when I put the tailgate down to back under the fifth wheel the back up camera loses it's mind. I know you just disable it from the info center but it still annoys me. If this is my biggest complaint I should just keep quiet. I have the AutoEnginuity software package but I have not hooked it up yet to see what it can do.

EpicCowlick 07-14-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by rickatic (Post 9107148)
The only annoyance so far on my new truck is when I put the tailgate down to back under the fifth wheel the back up camera loses it's mind. I know you just disable it from the info center but it still annoys me. If this is my biggest complaint I should just keep quiet. I have the AutoEnginuity software package but I have not hooked it up yet to see what it can do.

Hey Rick - Keep quiet, will ya? Some of us have serious issues with the truck to discuss. For example, mine accumulates too many miles too quickly and it gets dirty really fast. Give us some space, sheeze... (sarc) ;)

rickatic 07-14-2010 11:51 AM

Maybe I will go over to the Dodge Boys forums...

ruschejj 08-12-2010 08:16 AM

10 minutes and done. Thanks Tomohawk.

Looking forward to the ways to unlock the nav while driving, DVD while driving. Passengers get a raw deal and so do I not being able to have someone else input nav destinations while I am driving.

Rafiki2cu 08-12-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by rickatic (Post 9107661)
Maybe I will go over to the Dodge Boys forums...

Now you better leave the dodge boys alone, the last time I read the rv forum I thought you were going to give them a heart attack.:-missingt:-missingt

rickatic 08-12-2010 02:04 PM

The Dodge boys over there are a very insecure bunch. Any other brand post brings them out in droves. They must be suicidal today after hearing Ford made 2.6 billion and GM made 130 billion and Chrysler lost 170 million. I guess if I had a well respected engine I would crow but they ultimately must realize the truck wrapped around it is a POS. They get impatient with me because I fight back with facts and personal experience. They fight with anecdotal and wrong information. I will admit that it is getting old.

Regards

rdenis 08-12-2010 10:13 PM

Hey Ricatic - did you ever try hooking up your AE to see what's available?

FORDTUF1 08-14-2010 10:37 PM

Thanks for the info!! now what I have to do is find out how to bypass the seatbelt one. Previous ones you could just push in the red release button, not anymore. I ALWAYS wear it while driving but around the yard, field, messing around it sure is annoying.

When I hook my 5th wheel I just get a real close up view of my bumper and license plate, but it still is working.

bnmccoy 08-15-2010 11:15 AM

Would be nice if Ford would add a second camera for the goosenecks and fifth wheel hitching. At least you guys get your camera video on your Nav unit; I have the Navigation but my backup camera is in the mirror. But I do have the hack for my Nav while driving although it does nothing for Sirius menu..... And no DVD video playing in my model.

I can't see my hitch in bed as the fold-a-cover blocks my view.....

Bob

Rick Cargo 08-20-2010 09:27 PM

I would be very nice just to eliminate the stupid chime altogether!

skylinekw 08-24-2010 07:58 PM

Nothing like peace and quite thanks, this helped out alot. I always leave my key in the ignition and the keyless entry button in my pocket. No more chiming! I was surprised that if you shut the truck off with the key in the ignition and the lights on it still chimes, wich is good. Good instructions, it took no time at all.