Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   End Result (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/959757-end-result.html)

tex25025 05-23-2010 08:49 PM

End Result

I took the illustrator files of our logos that I had, resized them so I could use them on transfer paper that I could quickly get my hands on to see how it would look on fabric. I used a thin tote that I had to just use as a test run on(at the time) embroidery files that I might want to use, but I decided to have a run at using one of our logos.

What does everyone think?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=230612&.jpg

torkum 05-23-2010 08:55 PM

Good job tex :-X22 Get that on a XL tee and I'll buy 3 of them!

tex25025 05-23-2010 11:07 PM

I've got a couple of shirts coming in. I'm going to try to do a run on one of those shirts. I'm going to have to "trim some of the fat" around the words and the state. Either that or I could try to find a background for it, but it would probably look better if it was trimmed. I'm hoping to have those shirts here by the middle of the week and I'll try to have some more pictures by the end of the week.

First time I'm messing with this fabric transfer stuff, so it's taking me some time to do it all.

freekyFX4 05-24-2010 05:56 AM

I would like a couple 2xl. Just let me know how much.

scottzj 05-24-2010 06:34 AM

Looks pretty good!

Neal 97 250 05-24-2010 07:38 AM

That looks great. Wow. Thanks for doing that. I would love some of those shirts also.
Do you think you can get those done by the end of July? I bet we can peddle those at the Riffraff East event in Newport at the end of July. We could take those funds to make us some bumper stickers.

Anybody do bumper stickers?
The place I have been talking with will do them but they are like $7.00 or more a piece. Unless we buy 250 of thel. Yeah right!

scottzj 05-24-2010 07:52 AM

Still working on that Neal, however my brother hasnt been in the office the past week. His wife is very ill with a lump on a female area. Her cancer markers are way up and she has been in the hospital awaiting surgery. Once he is able to get back in, I will send that up to him. Sorry again for the down time on this, as usually he is pretty good at getting them done.

Neal 97 250 05-24-2010 07:59 AM

No problem I understand for sure.
Thanks for your help.

macgiobuin 05-24-2010 01:02 PM

I like the shirts and the bumper sticker idea. I think gray or black shirts would make that logo look real sharp!

tex25025 05-24-2010 01:24 PM

For those that are wanting shirts, I'm talking with some people to get some better heat transfer paper(the local craft store stuff is good for things that you can be a little more careful in the wash) and my mom and I are going in half for a heat press since we are both going to use it. I'll just need to get a supply of the other paper and try it out on one of the shirts that I have coming in and see what y'all think.

The transfer paper is actually going to be a little cheaper going online as well, but I need to find the good quality stuff that can handle normal wash/dry cycles, so please bare with me on that and I'll try to get pictures as soon as I can on that.

Are y'all thinking white, black or what type of shirts? Regular, tear away label, labelless what? Does it matter?

What I have left and can do now, I'm thinking I can do on mousepads as well, if there is any interest in that?

nflfreak43 05-24-2010 05:24 PM

a mouse pad would be cool.

hucka1a 05-24-2010 07:44 PM

Great job, Tex!

macgiobuin 05-26-2010 12:50 PM

I prefer the 2xl shirts in gray or black. The tag doesn't matter to me. I also could use a new mouse pad...the one I'm looking at right now is pretty ragged.

tex25025 05-26-2010 02:30 PM

Ok, I found a good heat press that is going to give me a good break even point on this and keep costs down as much as I can.

I think I have found a good quality transfer paper to do all this with. This isn't going to be direct to garmet, no way could I break even paying for the kind of printer it calls for doing that. We have some things to where I can "trim the fat" and get closer and have more professional commercial look, but I'll need to play around with some fabrics.

As to shirts, I already have had a good wholesaler that I deal with with really good shirts at decent prices to also help keep everything down. I'm trying to do the best that I can to keep costs down without sacrificing quality(which isn't easy in some places) and still have a way that after I'm done, y'all can add something on top of my price to make money for the club.

I will say this, sizes and shirt colors will add some to the cost, just bare in mind on that. Also 100% cotton versus 50/50 as well.

I should have my sample packs of my transfer paper, hopefully, by the beginning of next week(not Monday though) and I'll try to start playing around with it then. I'll post some pics and see what all y'all think when I get that far.

Neal, I'm going to be sending you a PM directly about some things related to this. If anyone has comments, complaints, bric brac let me know.

harleymsn 05-28-2010 06:04 PM

Tex, the paper is important for heat transfer, but the ink is the most important part of it. There are specific inks for Heat Transfer and you need to have a printer compatible with the available inks. The Epson Workforce series of printers is highly recommended. From talking to some folks that I know that do transfers, this is a good supplier for the inks. InkJetCarts Home