Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/)
-   -   May/June BS Thread!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/959165-may-june-bs-thread.html)

CampSpringsJohn 05-21-2010 12:06 PM

May/June BS Thread!!!!

Haven't heard from anybody lately, so I thought I'd start one! Up till this week, I have been quite busy. I made a trip to Pennington Gap Va last week, just a mountain or 2 east of Harlan, Ky. That's a beautiful part of the country if you guys ever get a chance to head that way. Let me know and I can give you some good roads to take. Schools about out, so the wife and kids will be home more, which will be nice on these slow days. Any of you guys been doing anything exciting?

4sabre 05-21-2010 02:05 PM

Besides work, haven't been doing much but riding the bike every chance I get. I have a few maintenance projects to do on the F250, but have to wait on the funds to do them.

rywegh 05-21-2010 09:30 PM

got three classes over the summer. two of them start up on the first. Catching up on housework that we have let go while we were so busy between school, work and baby time. right now I am just spending lots of time playing with Jr. He is crawling, trying to walk, jabbers like crazy.

CampSpringsJohn 05-21-2010 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by rywegh (Post 8914925)
got three classes over the summer. two of them start up on the first. Catching up on housework that we have let go while we were so busy between school, work and baby time. right now I am just spending lots of time playing with Jr. He is crawling, trying to walk, jabbers like crazy.

That sounds like his Dad!! It's a great feeling having a young one ain't it! I know all about the busy part, especially with kids. It won't be long and you will think about what it was like before he came along, and you won't remember. Funny how that works.

CampSpringsJohn 05-27-2010 07:23 AM

Work has been slow the past couple weeks. It has enabled me to do a couple things around here that has been needing to be done. I installed a fuel cross over line on my 02 yesterday that I bought from Clay at Riffraff Diesel. That was a tougher install than what I thought it would be, but I got it done. Last week I had a place in Florence install some dynamat in the doors on my truck, and I'm going back tomorrow and have them do the floor too. This was a job I had been thinking about doing myself, with perhaps a little help from Ryan, (remember talking about this back over the winter) but the place I found (Audio Works) is doing it so cheap that I could not turn it down. It is quite labor intensive to install this stuff. The owner of Audio Works is a really good guy that knows his stuff. His idea with car audio is first lessen the noise in the car and then go from there. I also got the windows tinted on the truck by a guy in Alexandria. It was through him that I got in touch with Audio Works about the dynamat installation. The doors being dynamatted made a difference, and I expect the floor pan and firewall will make a big difference too. My wife complains about how loud it is in the truck when driving. It makes it difficult to talk to the kids in the back seat. That problem will be eliminated tomorrow.

rywegh 05-27-2010 02:03 PM

Yes John I do remember. I was just thinking about asking if you were ready to put the deadener in.... Who do you think I learned how to do install it from.... Kevin at Audioworks is who gets all my big install work. He has gotten many a paycheck from me. I have been a customer and refer many to him since my first install from kevin back in 1994. The tahoe I used to have has four sheets of dynamat in the front doors and three in the rear doors. Those doors make no noise but they do need the hinges replaced. haha.

CampSpringsJohn 05-27-2010 02:52 PM

I don't know how many sheets he installed in the doors, or how much it will take for the floor and firewall. Kevin said he recently did a couple ford crew cabs, one was brand new, for a couple of Bengal players if I'm not mistaken. I'll be over there when he opens in the morning. 10:30am. If you ain't busy, there's where you'll find me.

rywegh 05-27-2010 04:13 PM

Jr and I might stop by. My son is only 10 1/2 months old and has been at Audioworks about 8 times in that timeperiod...

CampSpringsJohn 05-31-2010 09:03 AM

Well, yesterday we took a trip up to Mason Ohio for a basketball tournament that one of my nieces is in. 1st time I had the whole family in the truck since my visit to audio works. My wife notices a big difference in the noise! That dynamat really works! Kevin is now trying to sell me a sub woofer and amp. I will probably get it, but not in the near future.

kenpobuck 05-31-2010 02:29 PM

Hey all! I haven't been on much lately. Been busy with stuffaround the house. My mom and dad were down this weekend and we all went down to Sand Gap kentucky to check out where dad and I's family came from. That is some real pretty country down that way. Dawn and I have been thinking of buying some land down there to retire on. This stupid cut on my finger aint healing up. The doc says it is a "cronic drianing sinus" and he has to recut it and pull it all back together so it can heal. I just want it done so I can stop hurting all the time lol.

ky79 06-05-2010 07:44 PM

Hay all sorry I havnt been on in a while just a lot going on here.Things are starting to calm down so need to get some things done to the 79. All the steering needs repaced and going to do the king pins while at it. I hope every one is doing good and hope to talk to you all soon.

rywegh 06-07-2010 04:50 PM

Hey Buck! At the last meet we were discussing the worktrucks that the company you work for has. Specifically their maintenance or lack there of. The dealer you couldn't think of wouldn't happen to be Fuller Ford would it. Just saw a truck with their tag and thought back to our conversation that day.

ky79 06-20-2010 08:26 AM

Well finaly making some headway on the truck started some bodywork and waiting on wheel arch panals to get here. Im hopeing to get it painted by the end of july. How are all of you doing,Buck hows the monster doin gotta love a diesel bronco just way to cool. Im going to tenn in a couple of days for some rr. Hope your all doing well and hope we can all get together sometime soon.

CampSpringsJohn 06-20-2010 10:33 PM

A get together sounds good to me.

kenpobuck 06-21-2010 03:59 PM

Hey all. Yep ryan it is fuller ford. I remebered on the way home that day lol. It has been a busy time around here. Work is going real good and Fankentine is running great. I have my bumper about done, it is getting painted tommarow afternoon and will be on wednesday. I am running up this weekend to get my Fairlane at my dad's place. The work will start then lol. A get together sounds great, just hard to plan in the summer months you know. Oh ya, that ugly piece of s**t aztek is in the shop again. This time it is the cooling system (intake, pump, t-stat, and some hard lines). Would you believe $1200 worth! Man i wish she would put that thing down the road!