Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offroad & 4x4 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum63/)
-   -   Rockwell Build Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/955900-rockwell-build-thread.html)

Kirbys73F100 09-20-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hav24wheel (Post 9348213)
U know, I hate to say it, but you are doin somethin right for once! :D

This has been the plan for over 2 years since I bought the truck. Didn't see any reason with starting with an 84 F150, 300 six as a base for this... I saved up my money and bought the baddest ford truck I could find. Then I played with it while I saved for tires, axles and such.

captain p4 09-20-2010 10:47 AM

That seat on the back makes me want to club baby seals.

:D

TheTinian 09-20-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by captain p4 (Post 9349000)
That seat on the back makes me want to club baby seals.

:D

funny i had this pic on my comp... :-X04

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s_broken-1.jpg

alpha/omega 09-21-2010 03:33 PM

Seal is too big. Club is too small.

Ironic you posted with those specs huh?

Ronin4x4 09-21-2010 06:12 PM

This is a great thread to follow :-jammin

Originally Posted by Kirbys73F100 (Post 9315450)
Heims are for tie rods on my hydro steer. I'm running 8" lift super duty leafs for now.

Are you using those in a single or double shear design? Im been seeing alot of guys using them single sheer lately and think its not the best way to go.

alpha/omega 09-21-2010 07:17 PM

If Kirby could get by(if there were a such thing) with building it less than single sheer Im sure he would.

Kirbys73F100 09-21-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin4x4 (Post 9354076)
This is a great thread to follow :-jammin
Are you using those in a single or double shear design? Im been seeing alot of guys using them single sheer lately and think its not the best way to go.

I decided to use a single ended and one stock rockwell tie rod. I'm going to run 1" bolts, lockwashers and nuts instead of the through pens.

Originally Posted by alpha/omega (Post 9354321)
If Kirby could get by(if there were a such thing) with building it less than single sheer Im sure he would.

Ya, and I'll have a much more capable truck than you and for a lot less money. On that thought.. What truck do you even have?

kjett 09-21-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kirbys73F100 (Post 9354594)
I decided to use a single ended and one stock rockwell tie rod. I'm going to run 1" bolts, lockwashers and nuts instead of the through pens.

Pens? what you keeping animals in? or are you writing something? I think it's actually called a "PIN". Oh, and single shear on somthing that large is a very very bad thing, but we don't care if you kill yourself, it's the innocents you will take with you that we care about.

Originally Posted by Kirbys73F100 (Post 9354594)
Ya, and I'll have a much more capable truck than you and for a lot less money. On that thought.. What truck do you even have?

Doubting that. I think his parts trucks are more capable than anything you can fubar up!

:-X19

dillinewton 09-21-2010 08:36 PM

i think you just attempted to insult the wrong person on this forum.

Kirbys73F100 09-21-2010 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by kjett (Post 9354683)
Pens? what you keeping animals in? or are you writing something? I think it's actually called a "PIN". Oh, and single shear on somthing that large is a very very bad thing, but we don't care if you kill yourself, it's the innocents you will take with you that we care about.

Doubting that. I think his parts trucks are more capable than anything you can fubar up!

:-X19

Thanks for the grammar lessons but maybe you should get some yourself and learn to read. I just said I wasn't using heims and the question no longer applies. The clevis ends on my ram can be considered double shear if it makes you feel better. Funny how you picked up on what I wrote and not on these high school drop outs spelling. Like ronin and alpha spelling shear wrong.

Originally Posted by dillinewton (Post 9354695)
i think you just attempted to insult the wrong person on this forum.

I'm not really worried about it... God loves me!

kjett 09-21-2010 09:18 PM

Well considering "sheer" means thin as in a woman's dress and your pecker. Where "shear" not only means to cut as in like hair or the tool to perform that act, it also refers something subjected to shear force, like your single shear bracket that will cut and rip apart.

Try looking at Webster's once in a while before you try to come back with an intelligent answer.

Oh, and just so you can clarify:

Definition of SHEAR
transitive verb
1a : to cut off the hair from b : to cut or clip (as hair or wool) from someone or something; also : to cut something from <shear a lawn> c chiefly Scottish : to reap with a sickle d : to cut or trim with shears or a similar instrument
2: to cut with something sharp
3: to deprive of something as if by cutting <lives shorn of any hope — M. W. Browne>
4a : to subject to a shear force b : to cause (as a rock mass) to move along the plane of contact

alpha/omega 09-21-2010 10:39 PM

I like the sheer panties Prozons mom wears. Too bad shes skidmarked them all.

kjett 09-21-2010 10:47 PM

I enjoy shearing the sheer panties off her myself then flinging them on the ceiling fan.

alpha/omega 09-21-2010 10:49 PM

is that what all those panties are doing up there? I thought it was her clothes line.

kjett 09-21-2010 10:51 PM

winner! :D