Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Who's up for some Cruisin? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/954334-whos-up-for-some-cruisin.html)

tojoski 05-04-2010 02:13 PM

Who's up for some Cruisin?

Anybody want to take a drive one Saturday evening and grab a burger?

Will P 05-05-2010 05:59 PM

If I had my old 70 going right now I'd be game but I'm still trying to find parts. You don't have a pair of exhaust manifolds you don't need anymore do ya?!? ;)

zhilton 05-05-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 8850275)
Anybody want to take a drive one Saturday evening and grab a burger?

Not this weekend...supposed to be at a graduation in Fayetteville. But, I'm game for a Saturday evening cruise. Hopefully it would be a weekend when the clan is down here and I'm not up at the Fort. Let me talk to the boss and see what I can work out.

Originally Posted by Will P (Post 8855048)
If I had my old 70 going right now I'd be game but I'm still trying to find parts. You don't have a pair of exhaust manifolds you don't need anymore do ya?!? ;)

What engine is it? I might know where you could come up with a pair (they wouldn't be mine, but I'm sure come kind of a deal could be worked out). Heck, I'm such a nice guy that I'm sure I could work out a delivery plan that would help as well.:-X10

Old_Crow 05-05-2010 10:41 PM

I hope you weren't needing manifolds for a 302. My scrap guy took the extra pair I had left over from the engine swap just last weekend. I can check and see if he's still got 'em if you want.

Will P 05-06-2010 04:48 PM

Actually I need them for a 460. It came out of a 75 F-350. I'm also looking for various FE parts.

zhilton 05-07-2010 12:45 AM

Hey Joe, where do you want to grab that burger? Somewhere around LR or ???? For those on this list that have never tried "The Purple Cow"...that's an interesting experience in it's self.

tojoski 05-07-2010 01:15 AM

Last time, we took a drive up to Bald Knob, and ate at the Bulldog Restaurant.

I'm open for suggestions, but I'd rather steer clear of Little Rock, it doesn't make for much of a fun drive.

zhilton 05-07-2010 01:36 AM

And here I thought I was the only one up this hour of the night...just got in from work.

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 8860423)
Last time, we took a drive up to Bald Knob, and ate at the Bulldog Restaurant.

I'm open for suggestions, but I'd rather steer clear of Little Rock, it doesn't make for much of a fun drive.

Are you kidding? It's great when some jacka$$ in a Honda Element or Pirus decides he's going to "push" you down the road because I'm not driving 20 mph over the speed limit. Morons have no clue what kind of jerk drives a Dark Blue Pavement Princess from Ft. Smith.:-X01

I've never eaten at the Bulldog in Bald Knob...but have at the one in Greenwood. Pretty sure they're not the same folks. Like I said, let me talk to the boss and see what her crystal ball holds for the coming weekends.

Editor's note...I'm not saying my wife is some kind of flake, just that she keeps this little crystal ball thing in her purse and is able to plan things weeks in advance with it.

jimkidd 05-13-2010 06:40 PM

georgetown one stop.

tojoski 05-13-2010 08:59 PM

What do you guys think? Georgetown, AR One Stop catfish

Bulldog has Ice cream and shakes too though,.. In any case, I'm thinkin Saturday, May 22nd

zhilton 05-14-2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 8885863)
What do you guys think? Georgetown, AR One Stop catfish

Bulldog has Ice cream and shakes too though,.. In any case, I'm thinkin Saturday, May 22nd

So this is place is in Central Arkansas? When I type in Georgetown into my iPhone it brings up a hole in the wall town between Huntsville & St. Paul.

mechmagcn 05-14-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 8890194)
So this is place is in Central Arkansas? When I type in Georgetown into my iPhone it brings up a hole in the wall town between Huntsville & St. Paul.

Looks to me to be southeast of Searcy, on the White River. If it was a little closer, I'd have to think about trying some of that fish.:-D No comparison to catfish from clear, running water. :-X22

jimkidd 05-16-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 8890194)

Start in Searcy. Follow highway 36 through Kensett and West Point. Keep going all the way to the end of 36. Literally. Georgetown is the end of the world. (or highway)

tojoski 05-19-2010 02:51 PM

We'll do the catfish some other time.

The Bulldog has a good selection of Ice Cream, Burgers, Shakes, Ect. so everyone should be able to find something they like. And they're reasonable on their prices..

Beebe is a good central location for most of us.. We can meet up in the Fred's parking lot between 5:30 - 6:00pm and take a drive up the old highway to Bald Knob.. Sound good to you guys?

cookie88 05-19-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski
Beebe is a good central location for most of us.. We can meet up in the Fred's parking lot between 5:30 - 6:00pm and take a drive up the old highway to Bald Knob.. Sound good to you guys?

I wouldn't mind finding someplace new, but I did enjoy the bulldog last time we went...... So I'm in :)