Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC's May Ya Got Something To Say, Say It Here (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/953366-bcs-may-ya-got-something-to-say-say-it-here.html)

Zip 05-01-2010 06:07 AM

BC's May Ya Got Something To Say, Say It Here

Well another month has gone by. Sometime we will hit some good weather...............................I hope.

sddesigns 05-01-2010 09:02 AM

Good Morning BC!

Welcome to May!

Zip 05-01-2010 01:28 PM

Morning Steve.

sddesigns 05-01-2010 01:39 PM

how you doing Chris?

Zip 05-01-2010 01:48 PM

Just counting down the minutes till work. Seem to have a bit of a head cold or some hayfever. Kind of stuffed up.

sddesigns 05-01-2010 01:54 PM

I'm still at work, maybe for the next few hours, I hope less!

bigrigfixer 05-02-2010 01:12 AM

Well, I'm now off for three days. My father in law bought a 24' 5th wheel to pull behind his 09 Ram 1500. We're probably gonna take a look at it tomorrow. Says he paid $9000, for a 15 year old unit. From a dealer, no less. Oh, and they must have seen him coming, because they sold him the 5th wheel hitch installed for $1400. I feel bad for him, but he has to make his own decisions.

I was farting around on craigslist last night, and found a 12 year old 24' 5er for $5000. A little more looking found a 96 supercab dually, 460 auto, low kms, with the 5th wheel hitch included, for another $5000.

Definitely a more capable truck, newer trailer, lower price. Wouldn't it chap his ass if I pulled the trigger on a deal like that.

We all know duallies of that vintage didn't come 4x4. I'd really like a 4x4, and a crew cab, so to have the dually, I'd have to convert a 4x4 to a dually, or a dually into a 4x4. What would be easier?

Holy crap, I'm rambling tonight. It's probably my longest post on the internet since my daughter was born. That's okay though, she's sleeping in my arms right now.

What else happened today...

Wife took me out to the Keg for dinner tonight.

Happy May, BC!

sddesigns 05-02-2010 07:31 PM

Good Evening All.....

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

wallz 05-02-2010 11:11 PM

Hey everybody, kinda quiet in here for May. Must be nice outside or something. Everyone can't be watching hockey, the nucks play tomorrow.

Joe, I think you would be better off getting the package, and then selling the dually seperately and just getting a little bit of a newer sd to pull the trailer. I don't think it would be worth the dually conversion, unless you had a good handle on all the pcs needed and time to do it on your own.

It is also nice when the kids fall asleep in your hands. Kinda helps us feel all daddy like and seem like we are doing are part with the we little ones. Enjoy it, because they seem to get to big too fast and want to sit all by themselves in short order.

bigrigfixer 05-02-2010 11:46 PM

Well, we went over and checked out the new rv. Really nice setup they've got. Sleeps 6, it is actually newer than he first said. 12 years, rather than 15. Air conditioned, fair sized bathroom, newer awning... I got the impression that we are free to use it whenever, provided we use our own tow vehicle.

It does set a starting point for what we should be looking at though. I'd like a bit different floor plan myself. They've got a kitchen at the back, I'd like a bed and bathroom at the back with the kitchen about the middle. That would put the unit at about a 27' though, and I'm getting way ahead of myself. Wishful thinking for sure.

FORD RANGER 05-03-2010 12:08 AM

thats cool joe.

wallz 05-03-2010 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by bigrigfixer (Post 8844192)
Well, we went over and checked out the new rv. Really nice setup they've got. Sleeps 6, it is actually newer than he first said. 12 years, rather than 15. Air conditioned, fair sized bathroom, newer awning... I got the impression that we are free to use it whenever, provided we use our own tow vehicle.

It does set a starting point for what we should be looking at though. I'd like a bit different floor plan myself. They've got a kitchen at the back, I'd like a bed and bathroom at the back with the kitchen about the middle. That would put the unit at about a 27' though, and I'm getting way ahead of myself. Wishful thinking for sure.

So when do you start looking for a new tow vehicle?:-D

FORD RANGER 05-03-2010 12:58 AM

you'd better put a 4.0 or 4.9 in it.

sddesigns 05-03-2010 05:46 AM

Good Morning All......:)

Welcome to a new week! :D

Zip 05-03-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by bigrigfixer (Post 8844192)

That configuration may be hard to find if you are thinking 5th wheel. We got ours a couple years ago and paid 8500 for it. It's 30' with the large slide (dinette and couch). We would have liked to have the rear living area with the chairs and the big back window but we couldn't pass up the deal we got on this one. Mind you I did need to buy another truck to pull it.

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 8844523)
Good Morning All......:)

Welcome to a new week! :D

Morning Steve.