Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Good finds in Nashville today. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/948522-good-finds-in-nashville-today.html)

Customcab 04-13-2010 10:12 PM

Good finds in Nashville today.

I'm glad all you chapter members drive those high dollar dream rides; so us low life members can rob parts off dentside's and Slicks in Pull-a-part.
Today a buddy of mine & me; score on a big block 460 radiator; all engine brackets (a/c, Ps Alt ); bench seat; sun visors, all interior dash trim to include a nos dash pad; another 8 track radio (1976 model); and seat belts as well. :-jammin
I consider it a good day. There also was a guy there pulling a Olds 455 motor from a 66 model cutlass I believe as well.:confused:

Even a decent Orphan swb was in the yard!!!!!!!

Mitch

freekyFX4 04-14-2010 01:11 AM

Sounds like a great day!

willy3486 04-14-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Customcab (Post 8767788)
I'm glad all you chapter members drive those high dollar dream rides; so us low life members can rob parts off dentside's and Slicks in Pull-a-part.
Today a buddy of mine & me; score on a big block 460 radiator; all engine brackets (a/c, Ps Alt ); bench seat; sun visors, all interior dash trim to include a nos dash pad; another 8 track radio (1976 model); and seat belts as well. :-jammin
I consider it a good day. There also was a guy there pulling a Olds 455 motor from a 66 model cutlass I believe as well.:confused:

Even a decent Orphan swb was in the yard!!!!!!!

Mitch

I just have to ask, whats the 8 track for?? The reason I ask is when I use to work on auto radios you couldn't give those away to be used. The odd thing for me years ago was that people wanted a am or am/fm over a really nice am/fm/8track . After cassettes came out there was excessive 8-track hate.

Dads79 04-14-2010 04:36 PM

The Nashville pick-a-part does have a few dentsides in it. I got a bag full of little pieces for my 79 all for $5.00 .

maples01 04-14-2010 05:09 PM

I could use parts for a 69-74 Econoline, or a 351W cheap, lookin to build one.

Customcab 04-14-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by maples01 (Post 8770714)
I could use parts for a 69-74 Econoline, or a 351W cheap, lookin to build one.

Might have a engine for ya; will check with my buddy; his brother is big into
Cleveland; has acouple Windsor as well.

To us Pull-a-part is a great place to shop; in our town the folks think there scrap trucks are gold; verse prices down in Nashville.

As for the 8 track; I using/listening to one in my 65 F100; and will probably put this one in my Highboy. I got alot of 70's & 80's Rock as well as 60's country & 50's rock tapes. It just neat to see these young kids shake their heads in confusion on seeing a 8 track playing. :-headbang

Mitch

maples01 04-15-2010 12:37 AM

I'd really like a Cleveland, as that would be an odd mix in a van.

Customcab 04-15-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by maples01 (Post 8772583)
I'd really like a Cleveland, as that would be an odd mix in a van.

I'll see what I can do; will PM you if the news is good!:-D

Mitch

torkum 04-15-2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Customcab (Post 8771779)
Might have a engine for ya; will check with my buddy; his brother is big into
Cleveland; has acouple Windsor as well.

To us Pull-a-part is a great place to shop; in our town the folks think there scrap trucks are gold; verse prices down in Nashville.

As for the 8 track; I using/listening to one in my 65 F100; and will probably put this one in my Highboy. I got alot of 70's & 80's Rock as well as 60's country & 50's rock tapes. It just neat to see these young kids shake their heads in confusion on seeing a 8 track playing. :-headbang

Mitch

You are becoming a "Golden Oldie" Mitch, enjoy those 8 tracks. Just remember to keep those heads clean or you'll have enough ribbon to wrap Christmas presents for the next 10 years.

willy3486 04-15-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Customcab (Post 8771779)

Mitch

I know what you mean. I like the mellow sound of a good 8-track. Have you ever seen a record player for a auto? They were made a year or so in the 50s.didn't sell well due to skipping. Anyway I wanted to fix my 66 up like one would have been done in the late 60s. I used the original am and rebuilt it. I hooked up a fm converter so I could use a usb to fm adapter so I can play my mp3 files. . I have the output to a reverb unit that then goes to a old power booster. Its a wild sound. The beach boys song was written especially for a reverb unit. If you haven't heard the song on on a reverb radio you haven't heard it the way it was meant to be played. If the reverb unit is hit or bumped due to the road it sounds like a laser being fired from star wars. They got that sound from hitting a steel guy wire if I remember correctly, thats probably why it sounds similar.

Customcab 04-15-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by torkum (Post 8775638)
You are becoming a "Golden Oldie" Mitch, enjoy those 8 tracks. Just remember to keep those heads clean or you'll have enough ribbon to wrap Christmas presents for the next 10 years.

Yea; Tim I lost my KISS Destroy tape; due to tape/ ribbon rupture! :-X09

Willy; your to highspeed for me with the MP3 stuff. Would like to here the Beach boys on reverb. :-X06

Mitch

maples01 04-15-2010 09:57 PM

I have only CD's and MP3's on thumb drives now, use the thumb drives mostly, not loaded a CD in months, love hove one little device can hold hundreds of songs, one for country, another for rock.