Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Sat June 19th, 2010 FTE - Summer GTG (Details + Roll Call) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/940280-sat-june-19th-2010-fte-summer-gtg-details-roll-call.html)

tojoski 03-16-2010 10:52 PM

Sat June 19th, 2010 FTE - Summer GTG (Details + Roll Call)

(post edited 5/25)
- Sat June 19th, 2010 FTE - Arkansas Chapter Summer GTG -

Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Directions: Click Here For a Google Maps Link

On the Menu: Grilled Hamburgers / Hot Dogs

All Arkansas Chapter members and family, and friends that are interested in Ford Trucks are invited and welcomed to attend.

We have a family-friendly atmosphere at our GTG's, so please no beer / adult beverages, etc. (There's plenty of time for that at our unofficial meets and wrench parties)

If you've not been to one our get-togethers before, we usually have a bit too much to eat, then kick back and bs about trucks for a couple of hours.

Occasionally a hood gets popped or a truck gets crawled under.. Meanwhile our wives have segregated off talking about ...well probably how much money / time we spend on our trucks.

If you are planning on attending and haven't posted yet, post up how many people will be with you so we can divvy up who's bringing what, and how much of everything we'll need.

I'll bring enough charcoal and everything we'll need for the grill, as well as Hamburger meat and buns for the burgers.. We'll need volunteers for:

1) Paper plates, forks, paper towels, etc.
2) Hot dogs + buns, burger fixins, ketchup, mustard, cheese..
3) Chips, dip
4) Cookies

As for drinks, everyone has their own tastes, just bring whatever you'd like for yourself and your party, we'll have atleast one cooler there you can put them in.

mechmagcn 03-16-2010 11:46 PM

Unless something drastic happens, I'll be in Pigeon Forge TN on the 26th. And from there heading farther north to Hew Hampshire for a visit with my oldest nephew and his family.

tojoski 03-20-2010 07:10 PM

bump.......

Lets start tossing some ideas around for another spot..

We've never done one down around Hot Springs..

mudder460 03-20-2010 10:20 PM

June is a big IF for us. We are going to PA starting on the 5th, and depending on if I get orders or not depends on how long we are gone for, but it will be a minum of 2weeks. So if we are doing it in June, I doubt we will make it.

1996pwrstrk 03-21-2010 07:56 AM

Hot Springs would be fun . Joe why don't you give Calli a PM and see if you could get any input from him.

zhilton 03-21-2010 07:41 PM

I'm working in the greater HS area during the week...so I can start looking around to see what's available. Any kind of special accommodations do I need to keep an eye out for? I know a playground type place would be high on my list (5 & 10 year in my house)...but is there something else that would be useful?

tojoski 03-21-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 8668340)
I'm working in the greater HS area during the week...so I can start looking around to see what's available. Any kind of special accommodations do I need to keep an eye out for? I know a playground type place would be high on my list (5 & 10 year in my house)...but is there something else that would be useful?

Free is always a plus when we are looking for a place..

cookie88 03-21-2010 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 8668340)

Mine are 6 and 11 so....yeah :)

Like Joe says we do like free bit we aren't above renting a pavilion or something. For our outdoor venues generally we look for something shaded for the ladies, big parking lot for the rigs, and something to entertain the kids. If we can cook and eat without dragging all our gear around, so much the better.

zhilton 03-21-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 8668622)
Free is always a plus when we are looking for a place..

I'll look around the next couple of days/week and see what's available. I don't know too many folks down that way...but I'm sure we can find something.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 8668839)
Mine are 6 and 11 so....yeah

Like Joe says we do like free bit we aren't above renting a pavilion or something. For our outdoor venues generally we look for something shaded for the ladies, big parking lot for the rigs, and something to entertain the kids. If we can cook and eat without dragging all our gear around, so much the better.

The shade part is no joke...I love my wife and she's a great woman. But the outdoors type she is not. Her version of camping is the biggest 5th wheel/Class A coach you can get. Got to love a woman that believes in creature comforts above everything else. I make no promises and it may take me a couple of days/week, but I'll see what's around the HS area. I'm only down there during the week and with this new job I'm still dealing with "their way" of thinking. I assume a state park type of place is the preferred?

Any weekend in June works for me. Of course now that I've said that...they'll change things at work.

bill henry 03-22-2010 12:35 PM

anytime in june is good for me will more than likely camp around hs fathers day weekend and run to petit jean

cookie88 03-22-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 8668989)
The shade part is no joke...I love my wife and she's a great woman. But the outdoors type she is not.

I'll just say I know the feeling ;)

Will P 03-22-2010 08:41 PM

Maybe I can help you out with the Hot Springs area. There are several nice parks the city maintains. Entergy park is located on Lake Hamilton and it is the newest park in town. It is at Carpenter dam. There is a nice playground, restrooms, small grills, a fishing pond, pavilion, hiking trails, and the lake for fishing or boating.

Family park has two large pavilions, a fishing pond, playground, basketball and tennis courts, horseshoe pits, restrooms, grills, and a walking trail. This park is older but it is clean and popular.

Desoto park is close to downtown. It has picnic tables and grills, some playground equipment, restrooms, a small pond, and a big ole Sherman tank! It is a nice clean park but it does not have a pavilion. It is shady however.

Lake Catherine State Park is located between Hot Springs and Malvern. There is a swimming area,restrooms, picnic area, hiking trails, and a pavilion also I believe. There should be grills there also.

Lake Ouachita State Park has a swimming area, pavilions, playground, restrooms, and picnic area. There should be grills available also. There are hiking trails at the park too.

Both of the state parks are very nice and they offer campsites and cabins. I have a contact at LOSP so I can get some more info on that if you'd like.

I have a get to gather for another hobby the first weekend of June but the rest of the month should be clear.

Old_Crow 03-22-2010 09:04 PM

Hey Will, you ain't ridin' a Harley to Tennessee the first weekend of June, are ya? I'm on a newsgroup that's having a party over there that weekend.

Will P 03-22-2010 09:44 PM

Sadly no! I'm not much of a biker. I like the machines and would love to have one to tinker with but I just can't see myself spending much time riding one. I've seen too many riders go down to be comfortable on one.

Calli 03-23-2010 06:38 AM

Joe,The following users were not found:
Joe, Looks like WillP has info covered. Trouble around Hot Springs is that tourist season gets very busy at these places. He will probably need firm dates to make plans. Park Service controls a lot of these places and State controls most of the rest. I'll try to follow posts on these plans?? Carroll

Joe,Tried to answer your PM but don't know that it went thru. Here is the reply.