Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   "new" member here (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/936930-new-member-here.html)

willy3486 03-06-2010 02:03 PM

"new" member here

I have been a member here a while but not posted until the last few days. Anyway I refound the site and I am back. I had got away from sites dealing with my truck since I have it done a few years. I was somewhere else but it got to weird there. Anyway a little about me. I live in Smithville and have been around the 61-66 trucks since I was a kid. I bought my 66 when I was a teen in 79 or 80. I have probably taken off every bolt on it twice except for the engine. The engine area is my weakness so I don't touch it much. You can see it in my picture section.

If you have seen the True blue trucks section my truck was in the first and second issues that came out. It was in the readers ride section on the first one and I wrote the article of recovering the dash in the second. I also plan on articles on making the door panels like the originals,making a headliner from scratch, fixing and rebuilding the trim, and if I can find someone that wants one how to make a overhead console. I need to find someone interested in a overhead console and make one for theirs. I have worked on electronics and computers for years. At one time I worked on auto radios and rebuilt mine. I added fm,mp3,booster and reverb unit to the truck.

I also have a couple of vintage campers I rebuilt. I have a scotty and a Aristocrat. The Aristocrat may be the only one in existance. From info I have found and also from comunication with people involved with the company it may have been a prototype. If we can post links I will post a link to the pictures of it. I also have pictures of my truck rebuild and how bad it was. I had to replace between 20-30% of the metal in the cab and radiator support. I made all the parts by hand. I made a english wheel to make the curved parts as well.
So far this seems like a great place and beats some of the old sites I use to go to by far.

macgiobuin 03-07-2010 01:33 AM

Welcome to the site!

willy3486 03-07-2010 11:14 AM

Thanks Macgiobuin. I checked this site out and really like it. Seems like a good one and has a lot of good stuff here. I like it a lot better than others I have seen. There seems to be a lot more people here close to me than I was use to. Thats a good thing because you can relate and go to shows. I noticed one member even lives about 20 minutes from me. I wish I had gave up on others and came here a long time ago.

Customcab 03-07-2010 12:08 PM

I agree this is truly the best space for folks likeminded and to be a great resource for every level of enthusatic. I learned more from here and been able to some to. I also like to welcome you here. I'm mostly in the slick forum and dentside of life forum as well.
So again glad to have ya aboard.

Mitch

willy3486 03-07-2010 01:15 PM

Sorry for the double post still trying to get use to posting here.

willy3486 03-07-2010 01:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome customcab. I have had my 66 for about 30 years now. I work on computers for a living and like to have a few sites to go to so I can relax. I use to go to another site but it got to extreme for me. So I quit completely but still wanted a truck site to go to. Quite a few of the guys from there I thought a lot of and hadn't seen in a while I have since found here. So I guess I just followed them.I am getting more into cruzing with my truck so this keeps me pumped into doing so. After I finished my truck I just parked it and maybe drove it twice. Last year I drove it quite a few times and one of the last times I went to my first cruise in. I hooked now and I want to get it out more. Cruise ins start in May here where I live. I was asked to bring my scotty camper the next time I go to the mcminnville cruise in. Its a big enough show we can bring it and we can sit back in the camper and relax. For anyone into camping that has a vintage vehicle I hghly recomend getting a vintage camper the same period as your vehicle.

freekyFX4 03-07-2010 06:44 PM

Welcome and enjoy your time here.

torkum 03-07-2010 08:51 PM

Welcome to the TN Chapter Willy :-wink

Another Magazine Truck in our Chapter :-X04

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...ize/img159.jpg

willy3486 03-07-2010 09:26 PM

Thanks freekyfx4 and torkum. I really like true blue trucks. I have emailed back and forth with them. I also did a dash recover article for them. You can see that in the second one. I didn't get anything in the third. I am planning on how to make a headliner out of a plastic election sign for them next. Hopefully they will publish it, I have a few other articles to send in. I try to do one after they publish it. You don' get any money but you help out a great mag thats getting started. I also have in the works how to straighten and polish aluminum trim, overhead console. As far as the overhead console goes I need a victim,err I mean a volunteer that wants one. If I can find someone in need of one that is trustworthy and has a older one the top part of the cab will allow for one I will make it with their help. Plus the person will get it in true blue if they publish it. As far as my truck goes check out my profile.I have a link there for my web pictures of my truck. It was a swiss cheese type truck. It had a lot of holes. I hand made all the patch panels. I would like to get it repainted.

freekyFX4 03-07-2010 11:12 PM

My wife's entire family lives in Smithville. That's a nice place.

jdecker88 03-07-2010 11:45 PM

Welcome to the TN chapter

Neal 97 250 03-08-2010 07:36 AM

Welcome willy. You are now a chapter member as well.
Thanks for coming back to FTE.

slammedi'am 03-08-2010 05:43 PM

Welcome and congrats on making it into TB.I love TB mag...Just wished it would come out more

willy3486 03-08-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by slammedi'am (Post 8613764)
Welcome and congrats on making it into TB.I love TB mag...Just wished it would come out more

Thanks slammedi'am,Neal 97 250,jdecker88,freekyFX4 for the great welcome. Freekyfx4 whats your wife familys last name and what part do they live in? I live out at sink creek towards Warren Co. My wife or I may have bumped into them. If they go into Smithville Elelmentary or Northside they probably have seen my wife. She works as a clerk at both.

As far as far as True Blue goes I hope I won't get into trouble promoting it but it is made especially for folks like us. I don't get any money or benefits from it but I believe in the magazine. Thats why I like it. When I was a teen you could get a truck mag and it would have readers rides,trucks the average guy builds, and not full of ads. I quit buying them. I did buy one a few years ago that had a truck of one guy I know through the web. He is based out of AZ and he has a company that makes a dakota suspension for the 60s trucks. He has a green unibody. If you would like yours in it send a picture to them. A friend that has a 65 in GA sold me on them . She said that she wrote a story or two for the bronco mag they have. I sent in the truck and asked if they would be interested in stories to fix stuff. They said yes so I sent in the dash recovering article.

So hopefully I can meet some of you arround the shows. If anyone here is into camping in this area give me a yell. We have a couple of vintage trailers. We go camping in the area. Rock Island and Edgar Evans are our usual camping spots. We want to expand out and may go to Fall Creek Falls soon. If you go to Rock Island I can give you some pointers and show you around. I grew up there and know the history. I was on a hay ride once and before it was over the seasonal ranger was asking me more questions than the other campers.

slammedi'am 03-10-2010 06:05 PM

Just dont put a link to their website in your sig and you will b fine.I was also in both of the issues and Ive been spreading the word.They said they have had a surge of L owners sending in some stuff.