Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/)
-   -   Pullin another one home .....sorta lol. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/933783-pullin-another-one-home-sorta-lol.html)

kenpobuck 02-24-2010 07:38 PM

Pullin another one home .....sorta lol.

My stepson and I bought an 80 Bronco last saturday. It is a rusted out heap but has a 302 w/ 4speed, duals and a plow. Randy will be taking the engine/trans for his as well as the duals. I get the plow for mine. With any luck my tranny will hold up when I trailer this thing to petersburg sunday to my buddies place for disassembly. I have to go to Goshen ohio to get it. If any of you gus know someone that needs a good top for one of these send them my way, that is the only thing that might be any good on it other than the parts we are keeping.

rywegh 02-24-2010 08:28 PM

Have fun with it Buck!

CampSpringsJohn 02-24-2010 11:10 PM

Saw the title, and who started it and thought, oh crap! Another tranny failure! Not the case though. Looks like you and your son will have wrenching this weekend. Have fun Buck!

kenpobuck 02-25-2010 05:59 PM

The wrenching will have to wait till next weekend. We are moving him this saturday, he moving in with us while he goes to school. So the Bronco will also be pullin trailer full of his stuff over as well. If possible I want to get him to join FTE and the kentucky chapter. He does own a Ford and should get to know you guys. If they set a date for the multistate gtg i will try to hual him along lol.

ky79 02-25-2010 07:20 PM

Sounds like fun. I cant wait for warmer weather so I can do some wrenching myself.By the way Ryan I sent a request to join the ky chapterknow if it was accepted. Hope all you guys have a great weekend.

ky79 02-25-2010 07:23 PM

I forgot to ask, Buck does that bronco have a good power booster? and do you know if it will fit my 79. I have manual breaks and looking to make it power breaks.

kenpobuck 02-26-2010 08:50 PM

Don't know if it is any good or not. Guess you could grab it as we have to pull it to get the pedal assy for Randy's Bronco. I will let you know when we get it out. i hope to get to work on this stuff next weekend. I may rebuild the plow mount from the pivot back to make it a custom hook up to my truck. With the d50 and leaf srings the regular Bronco mount will not work. Guess I get to show off my fab skills lol.

ky79 02-27-2010 11:24 AM

I hope all goes well buck, and im sure your fab skills are great. Just let me know how much you want for the power booster, Im just opeing this wont be that hard of a swap.

kenpobuck 02-27-2010 03:58 PM

It shouldn't be to hard. The only problem I forsee is that the booster is held on by 4 bolts coming thru the firewall that are part of the pedal assy. The old non power were held on by just 2 I think. I can talk to Randy and see if he would want to sell the pedal assy out of his 81 as he will not need it. It is for an auto set up.

ky79 02-27-2010 05:30 PM

That's cool just let me know. I still need to reserch this a little more to see what I need. I hope everything works for you as well talk to ya soon. If you need to get a hold of me I can pm you my number. Thanks again Buck.