Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931373-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

CelticOne 04-15-2016 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16196664)
Here is my "makes it easy to work on" 17" tall table...

LOVE that idea - thanks!

mountain dewd 04-15-2016 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter1971 (Post 16209504)
dewd great job on your truck, i like the blue:-jammin

Thanks man!

PapaBearYuma 04-16-2016 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dropped the rear tank in the 78. Pulled the sender unit. Pick-up filter is rotted away and the float is gone, but the ohmmeter says it still works!

PapaBearYuma 04-16-2016 08:35 PM

Pulled the rear tank (plastic) from the 77 Camper Special. Split up the side, crack on top, hole in the bottom. Previous 2-part epoxy "fix" failed miserably! The tank is now sitting in the bed of the 78 while I think about it. Grrrrr

Update: pulled the sender unit. The float had a hole in it, but the strainer looks good. Unfortunately, the ohmmeter says the sender is dead

fuzzybob 04-16-2016 10:55 PM

Installed Helwig front and rear sway bars today on the 77.

mountain dewd 04-16-2016 11:15 PM

I didn't do a darn thing of good to mine today. Tried getting it to idle right, failed, tried to replace MC, ruined a brake line, and my lights are flickering like they did before I rewired the ENTIRE truck to try and get away from that problem. I just don't understand. Frustrated as can be.

77&79F250 04-17-2016 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Used it to get the gen/welder tailor up to the house to work on my horse shoe step railing. Once I get the metal wagon wheels back on between the pipes is will look better. I had to replace the wooden posts.

mountain dewd, hang on there and work one issues at a time.

belshe92 04-17-2016 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzybob (Post 16213384)
Installed Helwig front and rear sway bars today on the 77.

are those for a 4x4? if so do you happen to have those part numbers? i've been looking for sway bars for my 74 highboy

axidjw 04-17-2016 04:36 PM

Used it to go get 1500 lbs of river rock landscaping. The back end was LOW and I do mean low but the old girl didn't hiccup once getting it to the house. I was super pleased as I wasn't sure if the suspension could handle all the weight in the bed and if the drivetrain would suffice. Did great on both parts. Got to love it when it works well for you..lol

fuzzybob 04-17-2016 04:39 PM

Mines a 77 F150 4x4. I got mine from Jegs and the part numbers are: 7455 front and 7436 rear. I don't think those will be the right numbers for your 250 HB. You could go to Jegs and plug in your truck info and find the parts...... I'm sure Helwig makes a set for your rig.

They were easy to put on but I felt the same as Mike000 about the fit on the rear bar in the thread below. I even went back to the web site to see if I had ordered the wrong part.

axidjw 04-17-2016 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mountain dewd (Post 16213402)
I didn't do a darn thing of good to mine today. Tried getting it to idle right, failed, tried to replace MC, ruined a brake line, and my lights are flickering like they did before I rewired the ENTIRE truck to try and get away from that problem. I just don't understand. Frustrated as can be.

Hang in there brother. My brakes were horrible when I first got the truck, it would barely stop and that's with me pressing with every lb I had and having the death grip on the wheel and even then, it wouldn't come to a complete stop. I bled that system like three times to get all the funk out. Rear drums and pads shattered in my hand when I touched them, front discs hadn't been touched in 20 years. It seems to never end with these old *******s but you just have to try another day and walk away from it..lol

mountain dewd 04-17-2016 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by axidjw (Post 16214911)
Hang in there brother. My brakes were horrible when I first got the truck, it would barely stop and that's with me pressing with every lb I had and having the death grip on the wheel and even then, it wouldn't come to a complete stop. I bled that system like three times to get all the funk out. Rear drums and pads shattered in my hand when I touched them, front discs hadn't been touched in 20 years. It seems to never end with these old *******s but you just have to try another day and walk away from it..lol

Thanks man, getting better day by day. Gotta have it ready for the show on Friday though!!

HIO Silver 04-17-2016 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by axidjw (Post 16214911)

Concur. 'Had to walk away from my "Cranks but does not start" issue.

'Got my '73 4x4 to fire up after tons of troubleshooting and two new coils that turned out to be bad. 'Finally went with a Taylor coil from Summit and she lit off immediately.

Chinese electronic/ignition parts from Autozone are absolute crap.

axidjw 04-17-2016 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mountain dewd (Post 16214942)
Thanks man, getting better day by day. Gotta have it ready for the show on Friday though!!

Oh yea, you guys are all going to that show down in Cali. Man, I wish I had enough money to get out there from the eat coast and see all those sweet rides, nothing like feeling the pressure of getting ready for a show and one problem turns into 12. Murphy's law,..seems like it's always the way it goes..haha

axidjw 04-17-2016 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by HIO Silver (Post 16214968)
Concur. 'Had to walk away from my "Cranks but does not start" issue.

'Got my '73 4x4 to fire up after tons of troubleshooting and two new coils that turned out to be bad. 'Finally went with a Taylor coil from Summit and she lit off immediately.

Chinese electronic/ignition parts from Autozone are absolute crap.

That's the kind of ****e, that will make you second guess your troubleshooting too. You think surely it's not this new part in my hand...ughh