Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Injector? 300 Straight 6 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/929978-injector-300-straight-6-a.html)

IDIDieselJohn 02-12-2010 04:24 PM

Injector? 300 Straight 6

Could this sound be caused by an injector?

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...ight6noise.jpg

IDIDieselJohn 02-13-2010 12:10 PM

No body has an idea? :(

lew52 02-13-2010 12:27 PM

Cant tell anything from the video , whats it doing ??....Lew

IDIDieselJohn 02-13-2010 06:16 PM

It's making sort of a skiping sound on the passenger side of the engine.

fishforlife2007 02-13-2010 08:00 PM

have you pulled plugs and compared them.? that mite give you some insight.

IDIDieselJohn 02-13-2010 10:41 PM

Gave it a full tune up last week, had some fairlly new ACDelco plugs on it, I putted 6 new Motorcraft plugs, wires, rotor and cap.

Sound hasn't changed after tune up.

fishforlife2007 02-13-2010 11:24 PM

i was more referring towards whether or not there were any deposits, or indications on the plugs showing that there was too much fuel, going lean, etc. im sure the gap and everything is ok since you just changed them out, but you might be able to figure something out on this issue if there are any deposits on them. ive got a tool that i bought off the Matco Truck up at work that will tell you whether or not a injector is actuating like it should, and lights up if it is functioning right, and stays non lit if it isnt. its just called a injector tester. not sure if you have access to one, or if you can rent one, but that will tell you if you have speciffic injector problems, or whatnot.

Eddiec1564 02-14-2010 07:23 AM

Could be a exhaust leak, kinda hard to tell in the video. But I don't see any engine rocking that would indicate a dead cylinder. Does the engine twitch in sync with the noise? Another way to verify is to pull spark plug wires off one at a time then back on to see any changes in how the engine runs. If you pull one wire off a missing cylinder, there will be no change in the engine.

hotrod351 02-14-2010 08:14 AM

from what ive seen on the tv programs you should be able to use a probe, a piece of hose, and listen to each injector and hear it clicking on and off. also if you had a bad injector you should have a miss.

IDIDieselJohn 02-14-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by fishforlife2007 (Post 8511515)
i was more referring towards whether or not there were any deposits, or indications on the plugs showing that there was too much fuel, going lean, etc. im sure the gap and everything is ok since you just changed them out, but you might be able to figure something out on this issue if there are any deposits on them. ive got a tool that i bought off the Matco Truck up at work that will tell you whether or not a injector is actuating like it should, and lights up if it is functioning right, and stays non lit if it isnt. its just called a injector tester. not sure if you have access to one, or if you can rent one, but that will tell you if you have speciffic injector problems, or whatnot.

The ACDelco plugs that were in it, were great looking and gold coloured witch means it's running with the right mixture.

I've never heard of a injector tester, I'll have to look into it.

IDIDieselJohn 02-14-2010 10:56 AM

The engine does run fantastic, doesn't shake or anything. Only wants to stall when you hit the throttle hard parked, let off and hit again and it's fine, revs up no problem. I've heard alot of guys here had the same problem and it could be many things. I'll leave it be, as long as it doesn't do it while i'm driving.

fishforlife2007 02-14-2010 09:31 PM

this is what i was talking about.
Waekon 76462 - The Universal Electronic Fuel Injector Quick Probe

IDIDieselJohn 02-14-2010 09:49 PM

Thanks alot :D