Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   February Chat / All Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/929795-february-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

tojoski 02-11-2010 09:59 PM

February Chat / All Topic Thread

We'll continue for the time being with a new Off-Topic thread each month.

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 8500824)
Hey, I thought I asked nicely for ya'll to keep this white stuff up north:rolleyes: Man it is coming down right now. Forecast is for 4-6" by the time it stops tomorrow. :eek: Well, at least I don't have to get in the boat tomorrow:-X05 Maybe it'll mostly be gone by Sat. :-yeahrigh

I had to dig my car out of the yard yesterday morning with a shovel.

When I got home, my dad was nice enough to have fired up the dozer and cleaned off the driveway.

I think its safe to say this is the most snow we've had since '88, I just hope its about finished.

mechmagcn 02-12-2010 08:31 AM

From the looks of it this AM, we've got about 2". But the forecast is for 2" more before it ends later. If it got bad enough to need a dozer to clean up, I'd just have to hibernate until warmer weather:-missingt
Thought about going to Moro Bay this morning, but I don't know if I want to get in the boat in the snow.:rolleyes: I plan to take some more progress pics this weekend and post them.Pretty much spent the last two weekends plumbing :-rip and that is never my favorite job.

jrjudd 02-12-2010 02:04 PM

I agree with the dislike of plumbing work. It never fails it starts simple and ends up 4 trips to lowes and 16 hours later.:-banghead

mechmagcn 02-12-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by jrjudd (Post 8505335)
and ends up 4 trips to lowes

Yeah, but how far are you from Lowes. It is a 1 mile boat ride and 26 miles back to town for me to get to Home Depot.

sddesigns 02-12-2010 09:32 PM

Good Evening AR.......

tojoski 02-12-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by jrjudd (Post 8505335)
I agree with the dislike of plumbing work. It never fails it starts simple and ends up 4 trips to lowes and 16 hours later.:-banghead

I've always enjoyed doing plumbing, except sweating copper. never have been able to really get the hang of that.

I wish I had just done all the plumbing on this house myself, instead I pissed my idiot plumber off so bad he quit, then I finished it myself.. I went all cpvc, with the exception of brass for my stub-outs, and brass-cpvc transition unions.

I think plumbers have the biggest racket when it comes to new construction.
Have you seen what they charge? :eek:

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 8507243)
Good Evening AR.......

How you doin this eveing steve?

sddesigns 02-12-2010 09:52 PM

Great Joe, how about you?

mechmagcn 02-12-2010 11:41 PM

Since I have the tools to crimp the Pex fittings, I'll never run another length of PVC for pressure lines. There is no way that I'll ever hire a plumber to do a job, most are very much overpaid for what they do. Plumbing is one of the reasons for me leaving El Dorado, things are getting out of hand around here in the way of city ordinances. Now you have to have a permit just to do minor repairs, much less anything like replacing a water heater. There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago where a fellow was replacing a water heater for a neighbor, an inspector saw him working and asked for his license and permit. Of course he had neither. They fined him over $500 on the 2 offenses.

sddesigns 02-13-2010 07:50 AM

Good Morning All............:)

Happy Presidents Weekend! :-X03

zhilton 02-13-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 8507672)
Plumbing is one of the reasons for me leaving El Dorado, things are getting out of hand around here in the way of city ordinances. Now you have to have a permit just to do minor repairs, much less anything like replacing a water heater. There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago where a fellow was replacing a water heater for a neighbor, an inspector saw him working and asked for his license and permit. Of course he had neither. They fined him over $500 on the 2 offenses.

I don't know how much I'd owe the city if they ever found out how much I've done to the house...but I'm sure I'd be under the jail. Between replacing drains, light fixtures, doors and a couple of other items I'm sure I've violated all kinds of codes. Of course with a house that's 45 years old it isn't up to any code anyway.

sddesigns 02-13-2010 12:28 PM

Good Afternoon All......:-wink

Happy Valentine's Day Eve...}>

Old_Crow 02-13-2010 07:53 PM

Anybody know somebody in Heber Springs that's got a 70-something F250 longbed 4x4 in Turquoise? Truck appears to have a bit of lift and some of those aluminum "blade" wheels with like 12.50's or so.
Now I might just sell the slick for a truck like that.

sddesigns 02-13-2010 08:06 PM

Good Evening AR......

Happy Valentine's Day Eve ♥...}>

jrjudd 02-13-2010 09:14 PM

The codes in Jonesboro are just as bad, although if you own and reside in the house you can do any work you want. But they get you on permits. I had to get a permit to build a storage building. We have been working on remodeling a house for my mother and we had to buy a seperate permit to put in a new driveway. I agree plumbers that do new constuction make a ton of money but when you have a broken sewer line and it is 10 degrees outside they earn it.:-X13

zhilton 02-13-2010 10:30 PM

Evening Steve...hope everyone has their sweeties' valentine ready for tomorrow.