Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   Moderators, guidelines and how they are enforced. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/929124-moderators-guidelines-and-how-they-are-enforced.html)

99f350sd 02-12-2010 12:29 AM

Gee what about those ad's I put on..HMMM never mind. LOL
Nice to get it all straight..Thanks

Dick

Greywolf 02-12-2010 09:29 PM

The only ads I put in my own sig are for things that I hope make FTE better, more entertaining, and more interesting

They are to our own forums. 8D

tjc transport 02-13-2010 05:56 PM

here is a question for yall on infractions.

an infraction is issued for insulting another member because the moderator read the post the wrong way.
the infraction was not deserved, and the person that was supposed to be insulted agreed that it was a joke, not an insult.
so the infraction was reversed by the issuing moderator.

now the mentioned non-infraction took place almost 2 years ago now, but still shows up as a sort of slap in the face every time i open my user control panel for doing nothing wrong.

is this going to be a forever reminder to me that i was unfairly accused of doing something wrong??

BigF350 02-15-2010 03:09 PM

Tom - in a word. Yes.
You are the only person that sees it :)

bunklash 02-15-2010 06:44 PM

Two questions:
1. What's a site troll?
2. Tom, you're from Jersey and DIDN'T insult somebody???? Say it ain't so! Don't you know we have a reputation to uphold???? 8D8D

All kidding aside, I welcome this very well written post for the civility it helps maintain on this forum. It is a very big part of what makes this forum one of the very best, of any topic, to be found. I quit another forum (ElantraXD) because they not only insult newbies and "outsiders", but they wouldn't even post my nicely worded objection to them ripping another newbie a new one.....sheeesh. Their monitors screen every post before it will appear.
Thanks ya'll, and keep up the great work!
:-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25

Julies Cool F1 02-17-2010 07:05 PM

Adrian is a site troll.

If he stops you you have to answer three questions to keep posting - or offer him cookies if you are from the "dark side."

BigF350 02-17-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by bunklash (Post 8519200)
1. What's a site troll?

Its a "forum jargon" term.
It essentially describes someone whose whole purpose is to "stir up crap" and not contribute to the community in a positive manner.

An example would be someone who registers and says "All y'all Ford owners are flaming ^$#@!*$ and Dodge makes the best truck out there".
Apart from being wrong :-D, they would be called a "troll".

tjc transport 02-18-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1 (Post 8529146)
Adrian is a site troll.

If he stops you you have to answer three questions to keep posting - or offer him cookies if you are from the "dark side."

no,no,no.
Adrian is not a troll..

he is the Ogre that gets rid of the trolls.:-spam

bunklash 02-18-2010 07:01 PM

Ah, good term, thanks for clearing that up for me. I always heard them referred to in more common terms, like....well, you know! :-X10

4tl8ford 07-07-2010 08:55 AM

What about an individual that was kicked off FTE permentently and then reregestered under another name and continues to commit the fraud - this has been pointed out to the mods and Admin time and time again.

kw5413 07-07-2010 09:06 AM

Parole, maybe?

Snowbunny 07-07-2010 01:30 PM

I always wondered how you guys worked around this.

Now that I know, it's like having the recipe for the eleven herbs and spices at KFC!!! :-X04

tjc transport 07-07-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Snowbunny (Post 9082587)
I always wondered how you guys worked around this.

Now that I know, it's like having the recipe for the eleven herbs and spices at KFC!!! :-X04

yup, very good comparison.

the only difference is this place don't leave a bad taste in yer mouth after yer finished.:eek:

Snowbunny 07-07-2010 04:24 PM

True that, Tom!! :-jammin

havi 07-18-2010 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Adrian is a site troll.

Entertaining to say the least. :rolleyes: