Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   so whos ready for snow? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/925261-so-whos-ready-for-snow.html)

nflfreak43 02-02-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by torkum (Post 8457634)
tex I got alot of tools that fit that saying.

yeah he does... jesus.

torkum 02-02-2010 05:58 PM

My name is Tim and I'm a "tool-aholic" :-missingt

maples01 02-02-2010 06:04 PM

Please, I lifted every 4x4 I owned, including a G20 van and 92 ext cab Dakota, it don't take a lot of tools. Grinder/cut off wheel, sawzall, flame wrench and BFH are the most important removal tools.

nflfreak43 02-02-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by maples01 (Post 8457930)
Please, I lifted every 4x4 I owned, including a G20 van and 92 ext cab Dakota, it don't take a lot of tools. Grinder/cut off wheel, sawzall, flame wrench and BFH are the most important removal tools.

BFH ahahahahhaahahahhaahaha thats great. BIG F'N HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torkum 02-02-2010 07:04 PM

Chris, remember my BFH?

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...r-swap-005.jpg

nflfreak43 02-02-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by torkum (Post 8458233)

LOL I didnt but i do know. HOLY CHIT MY REAR END IS ON THE CONCRETE!!!!!!!!

Greywolf 02-02-2010 11:43 PM

It's a lot more fun when you have concrete to do that on. Beats the dickens out of packed gravel...

maples01 02-02-2010 11:54 PM

I did a lot on dirt, and plywood is not suitable for making a cherry picker roll smoothly, once you pick up the engine, it breaks through the wood, requiring you to chain it to a vehicle to pull it back.

KDPate 02-03-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by nflfreak43 (Post 8457498)
what kind of serious changes? and why would you do "SERIOUS" changes for something that happends once every 7 years.

Well considering where and what the truck gets used for the "changes" would see duty year round......

T-loc in the rear (has an open diff currently); possible Aussie locker up front.
On board aircompressor (designing this up as we speak; boring week @ work).
front winch mount/ receiver hitch
Remove broken plastic bedliner and get a Line-X liner
In-bed tool box to carry my tools, winch, etc. plus mount my spare tire to

nflfreak43 02-03-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by KDPate (Post 8460703)
Well considering where and what the truck gets used for the "changes" would see duty year round......

T-loc in the rear (has an open diff currently); possible Aussie locker up front.
On board aircompressor (designing this up as we speak; boring week @ work).
front winch mount/ receiver hitch
Remove broken plastic bedliner and get a Line-X liner
In-bed tool box to carry my tools, winch, etc. plus mount my spare tire to

oh ok. so its just good not noticable changes. some that you can use often. ok i thought you was talking like buyin a plow and salt sprayer setup and stuff like that. lol.

maples01 02-03-2010 05:43 PM

I always wanted a hydraulic winch, plumb it to a pump in the bed on a Briggs and Straton, so it'll run regardless of my engine or battery status. Lockers on pavement are noisy and rough on tires, so chose well, you get what you pay for, limited slip is best for street app.

nflfreak43 02-03-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by maples01 (Post 8462746)
I always wanted a hydraulic winch, plumb it to a pump in the bed on a Briggs and Straton, so it'll run regardless of my engine or battery status. Lockers on pavement are noisy and rough on tires, so chose well, you get what you pay for, limited slip is best for street app.

my locker is just fine and gives me no problems.

Greywolf 02-03-2010 06:01 PM

One of the goodies going into G2 is a limited slip out of an explorer. It might have been real helpful over the last few days.
I've been delaying swapping the leaf mounts on it because if the leafs bolt to it UNDER the axle as it is designed to be - it will amount to about a five inch LOWER right there out of the box!

With a 351W sitting on front coils intended for a 2.3 I won't need a plow! The whole truck will be a pavement scraper

maples01 02-03-2010 06:58 PM

I'd like to have a Ranger with a FI 302 HO from a Mustang, a 351W would be too much I think, I want MPG when it comes to a daily driver, but a sleeper is oh so nice.
I said chose well, I know some make clicking at every turn, if I can get the rear end I want for my van, gear ratio included, I may look into adding a locker, one that can be added without pulling the carrier.

Greywolf 02-03-2010 10:45 PM

L/S back ends in explorers come in two main flavors.
373 and 410

For explosive accelleration you want the 410, but the 373 is what I have because I know doggone well a windsor is OVER-BOMB for the truck - and I want it to end up with severe top end speed as well as legal limit cruising HI-MPG, which is why it's getting some form of an AOD tranny.