Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   JOKE THREAD (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/922777-joke-thread.html)

BPofMD 01-20-2010 06:41 PM

JOKE THREAD

I thought we already had a joke page in here, but I couldn't find it...... Here's one that will tug on your heartstrings:

The Bagpiper and the Homeless Man

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back-country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and being a typical man I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.
There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.
The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.
And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years. :-D

jr32560 01-20-2010 08:54 PM

yeah we did it's marked as MDs most frivolous posts }> not my doing was the prior CL :-missingt

BPofMD 01-22-2010 06:31 PM

I was in the US Navy...here's my thoughts:

"I take exception to saying that Obama, Reid and Pelosi

are spending like drunken sailors.

When I was a drunken sailor,

I quit spending when I ran out of money."

dustybumpers 01-22-2010 09:23 PM

so true Bud, so true, but your probably a republican

BPofMD 01-23-2010 11:06 AM

With a capitol R.

dustybumpers 01-23-2010 11:50 AM

....me 2.....

racsantina 01-24-2010 09:29 AM

Remember when we had Ronald Regan as president? We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we Obama, and no Hope and no Cash:-innocent

dustybumpers 01-24-2010 12:01 PM

good one ...

dustybumpers 05-20-2010 06:45 PM

Bud and Jr were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as airplane mechanics in ATLANTA. One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do. Bud said, "Man, I wish we had something to drink!" Jr says, "Me too. Y'know, I've heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz. You wanna try it?" So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane hooch and get completely smashed. The next morning Bud wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels.
In fact he feels GREAT! NO hangover! NO bad side effects. Nothing! Then the phone rings...It's Jr. Jr says, "Hey, how do you feel this morning?"
Bud says, "I feel great. How about you?"
Jr says,"I feel great, too. You don't have a hangover?"
Bud says, "No, that jet fuel is great stuff -- no hangover, nothing. We ought to do this more often."
"Yeah, well there's just one thing..."
"What's that?"
"Have you farted yet?"
"No....."
"Well, DON'T, 'cause I'm in PHOENIX!!!"
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

jr32560 05-20-2010 09:05 PM

Charlie your too much }>
that was a funny one :)

dustybumpers 05-21-2010 05:52 PM

Basic Rules For Driving In Maryland:

* A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane waiting for the same jerks to squeeze their way back in before hitting the construction barrels.
* Turn signals are just clues as to your next move in road battle so never use them.
* Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you no matter how fast you're going. If you do, the space will be filled in by somebody else putting you in an even more dangerous situation.
* The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.
* Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive body work.
* Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to insure that your antilock braking system kicks in to give you a nice relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates.
* Construction signs tell you about road closures immediately after you pass the exit but before the traffic begins to back up.
* The electronic traffic warning system signs are not there to provide useful information; they're just to make the capital beltway look progressive.
* Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to scare people entering the highway.
* Speed limits are arbitrary figures to make Md look as if it conforms with other state policies; these are given only as suggestions and are readily enforceable.
* Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that the driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.
* Please remember that there is no such thing as a shortcut during rush-hour traffic on the capital beltway.
* Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even a person changing a tire. If you're lucky, you may see the unwitting breakdown victim get mugged.
* Learn to swerve abruptly. Md is the home of the high-speed slalom driving thanks to Md SHA, who put potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.
* It is traditional in Md to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes. The state is founded upon such traditions.
* Seeking eye contact with another driver revokes your right of way.
* All unmarked exits on the beltway lead to downtown DC.

MARYLAND DRIVING - GOTTA LOVE THE CHALLENGE!

dustybumpers 05-23-2010 07:32 AM

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was "something wrong" with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.
"He's just lying there looking sick," he told me. "I'm serious, Dad. Can you help?" I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him into his bedroom. One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed. I immediately knew what to do..
"Honey," I called, "come look at the lizard!" "Oh, my gosh!" my wife exclaimed. "She's having babies." "What?" my son demanded. "But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!" I was equally outraged.
"Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce," I said accusingly to my wife.
"Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?" she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically! )
"No, but you were supposed to get two boys!" "Yeah, Bert and Ernie!" my son agreed.
"Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know," she informed me (Again with the sarcasm!).
By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on. I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it. "Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience," I announced. "We're about to witness the miracle of birth." "Oh, gross!" they shrieked
We peered at the patient. After much struggling, what looked like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later. "We don't appear to be making much progress," I noted. "It's breech," my wife whispered, horrified. "Do something, Dad!" my son urged.
"Okay, okay." Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when it next appeared, giving it a gentle tug. It disappeared. I tried several more times with the same results. "Should I call 911?" my eldest daughter wanted to know.
"Maybe they could talk us through the trauma." (You see a pattern here with the females in my house?) "Let's get Ernie to the vet," I said grimly. We drove to the vet with my son holding the cage in his lap. "Breathe, Ernie, breathe," he urged.
The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the little animal through a magnifying glass."What do you think, Doc, a C-section?" I suggested scientifically.
"Oh, very interesting," he murmured. "Mr. and Mrs. Cameron, may I speak to you privately for a moment?" I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside. "Is Ernie going to be okay?" my wife asked.
"Oh, perfectly," the vet assured us. "This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. . ...Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, like most male species, they um . . um . . . masturbate. Just the way he did, lying on his back." He blushed, glancing at my wife..
We were silent, absorbing this. "So, Ernie's just . just . .. . excited," my wife offered. "Exactly," the vet replied, relieved that we understood.
More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle. And giggle. And then even laugh loudly..
Tears were now running down her face. "It's just .that .. ..I'm picturing you pulling on its . .. . its. . teeny little . . " She gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.
"That's enough," I warned. We thanked the vet and hurriedly bundled the lizard and our son back into the car.. He was glad everything was going to be okay.
"I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad," he told me.
"Oh, you have NO idea," my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter.
Two lizards: $140.
One cage: $50.
Trip to the vet: $30..
Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie: Priceless!
Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class.
Lizards lay eggs! :-innocent<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

dustybumpers 05-23-2010 04:49 PM

How To Wash The Cat...
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no
people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

dustybumpers 05-25-2010 08:28 PM

Little Johnny's neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately, the baby was
born without ears. When the Mother and new baby came home from the
hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby. Before they
left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk with him and explained
that the baby had no ears. His dad also told him that if he so much as
mentioned anything about the baby's missing ears or even said the word
"ears" he would get the spanking of his life when they came back home.
Little Johnny told his dad he understood completely. When Johnny looked
in the crib he said, "What a beautiful baby." The mother said, "Why,
thank you, Little Johnny." Johnny said, "He has beautiful little feet
and beautiful little hands, a cute little nose and really beautiful
eyes. Can he see?" "Yes", the Mother replied, "we are so thankful; the
Doctor said he will have 20/20 vision." "That's great," said Little
Johnny, "cuz he'd be sh#t-outta-luck if he needed glasses."

dustybumpers 06-03-2010 08:17 PM

The other day I went up to a local Christian <O:p</O:pbookstore and saw a honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting, so I bought the sticker and put in on my bumper I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good He is and I didn't notice that the light had changed. It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed. I found that LOTS of people love Jesus. Why, while I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and when he leaned out of his window and screamed, "for the love of God, GO! GO!" What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus. Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love. There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach. I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant, he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. My grandson burst out laughing, why even he was enjoying this religious experience. A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed. So, I waved to all my sisters and brothers grinning, and drove on through the intersection. I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared, so I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.