Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum93/)
-   -   The Town Car Has Arrived... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/910928-the-town-car-has-arrived.html)

Dealford 12-14-2009 12:07 AM

The Town Car Has Arrived...

Yup, it's pretty and fat:-blah
The first order of business is the air ride suspension.
I started a thread on the electrical board...
1992 Lincoln Town Car air ride wiring diagram - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
about the power lead to the compressor. The PO tells me that it wiggles loose and you just have to loosen off the cover from the underside and put it back on.
The yard is all mud and it looks like you have to slacken off most of the inner fender.......in the dark to get there. Pffft.
AL.:-wink

fp_5 12-14-2009 09:14 AM

Hot Rod it!

The Car in the tune had a Lincoln V12.....you got a Modular 4.6 8 cylinder,....now does Modular mean you can tack on another 4 cylinders?? Ok maybe not....You should be able to scavenge some Mustang bits to make her go.

Just do me a BIG favour and don't get carried away with the air suspension thing, I'd hate to see a Town Car bounce down the road and then settle down to scrape the undercarriage ala low rider.
take a little trip, take a little trip and see,.....
we would have to have an intervention if you went that route :cool:

Frank

Dealford 12-15-2009 01:15 AM

Frank, Frank, Frank...

A little friendly advice in a single word.......DECAF!!!!!!!!Oo.
I'm not going to modify this car unless there is no other choice. If the air ride continues to be problematic, I'll have to go with variable rate coils and call it good.
I think I'll try to talk some sense into this fine older car by quietly singing " bad boy, bad boy. whatcha gona do when they come for you" as we cruise past some local auto wreckers.

loudfords 12-15-2009 11:04 AM

Hahahahahahahaha! :D Look at the old guy in the Town Car!!!!

Dealford 12-16-2009 01:35 AM

Sure Is Nice...

To have a nice cushie ride under this old guy butt.:-X05

loudfords 12-16-2009 11:08 AM

Does it come with diapers? Or are the seats wipeable?

I know, I know, cheap shot.

Did you get rid of something to make way for the Stinkin' Lincoln?

Dealford 12-17-2009 01:15 AM

Commercial Cleaning Products...

Cleaned up the mess where my buddies body laid for several days after he died, so they should work on shawarma farts too.:-rip
I have not posted the Ranger or BII for sale yet.
Turns out that the lack of undercoating under the TC has allowed the brake lines to rot and the are a few small holes that need to be fixed to pass saftey. The E-test was good, but time and cash is what it will take to get the under side to pass.

fp_5 12-22-2009 07:00 AM

I've seen plastic brake lines now at the major suppliers. You crimp the tube on to threaded connectors. Very similar to the plumbing stuff their starting to use in home construction. I never priced it but it would be a breeze to run.

Frank

loudfords 12-22-2009 11:23 AM

Plastic brake lines????!!!! How does it handle the pressure???

fp_5 12-23-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by loudfords (Post 8269600)
Plastic brake lines????!!!! How does it handle the pressure???

The tubing looks robust enough but I don't know anyone who has used the stuff. How much pressure (PSI) does a brake system generate?

Frank

fp_5 12-23-2009 03:23 PM

Best of both...

Al considers......BII meets Town Car...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=224368&.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek:

Red Ford Truck 12-23-2009 07:24 PM

Depends how much foot you put into it I guess.

Originally Posted by fp_5 (Post 8274089)
The tubing looks robust enough but I don't know anyone who has used the stuff. How much pressure (PSI) does a brake system generate?

Frank

I can't imagine much more than a couple of hundred pounds at max.

Where did you see these new brake lines Frank?

As for the plastic plumbing lines my pal and I just redid his bathroom plumbing using the plastic lines with the quick disconnect fittings.
I will never use copper and soldier again, They're more expensive but as for ease of use you just can't beat them.

Rick.