Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum246/)
-   -   DURA-LINER, RHINO-LINER, ETC ETC (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/90942-dura-liner-rhino-liner-etc-etc.html)

SEANSTER 06-03-2000 11:43 AM

DURA-LINER, RHINO-LINER, ETC ETC

Has anyone put on a bed lining kit before, like the one duraliner makes for a do-it-yourselfer?
Are there ways to get a light blue bed liner??in a do-it-yourself kit?
what is the best way to scale the rust off the bed before rolling on the liner material?? A drill and a wire brush wheel?

SEANSTER 77' F150 XLT 2WD 400 C6 }>
Edel.cam,intake
CARTER 625 AFB

dave186 06-03-2000 07:41 PM

Im going to get a spray in bedliner when I get my truck all painted. I would wire brush out what I could, then get some rust killer stuff from the paint supply shop, they have some good stuff. I have thought about a drop in one but havent priced them yet, for me that would be better.
Dave

http://www.davesmonsterpit.com

Im going to get a spray in bedliner when I get my truck all painted. I would wire brush out what I could, then get some rust killer stuff from the paint supply shop, they have some good stuff. I have thought about a drop in one but havent priced them yet, for me that would be better.
Dave

Dave

DAV1972 06-04-2000 12:38 AM

I don't have a drop in liner but I have heard that they are more prone to start rust inside because they hold in moisture. I don't know this as a fact but I would research before buying one.

DAV1972 06-04-2000 12:39 AM

I don't have a drop in liner but I have heard that they are more prone to start rust inside because they hold in moisture. I don't know this as a fact but I would research before buying one.

DAV1972 06-04-2000 12:39 AM

dave186 06-04-2000 06:23 PM

sorry for posting that so many times, it kept giving me a "page not available" thing so I kept trying. I no the drop in ones promote rust but it would be easier.
Dave

bigred78 06-06-2000 10:11 PM

I just put in the Hurculiner Kit about two months ago. It was pretty easy to do but it took half a day. It scuffed pretty easily, but I think because its not that thick. The spray on stuff I heard is about a quarter inch thick. If I was to do it again I would have put the money towards the spray in kind. It sucks cleaning out too if you don't have a pressure washer because of the rough texture.

Bob
1978 F-150 4x4

bigred78 06-06-2000 10:11 PM

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-Jun-00 AT 11:16 PM (EST)[/font][p]I just put in the Hurculiner Kit about two months ago. It was pretty easy to do but it took half a day. It scuffed pretty easily, but I think because its not that thick. The spray on stuff I heard is about a quarter inch thick. If I was to do it again I would have put the money towards the spray in kind. It sucks cleaning it out too if you don't have a pressure washer because of the rough texture.

Bob
1978 F-150 4x4

bigred78 06-06-2000 10:34 PM

jefsto 04-23-2009 09:18 AM

Color Match Bed Liner

I am familiar with the normal high pressure spray in bed liner's and their unfriendliness to the environment as well as the people who breath the air around them which lead me to do the research on an environmentally friendly, UV stable and long lasting. This lead me to a company called CMT who not only has all the above but can spray a CLEAR bed liner that allows one to have a color matching liner. These liners are also low pressure, can be sprayed cold, very minimal overspray, UV Stable, and more durable. I know they are looking for installers to.

Originally Posted by SEANSTER (Post 569450)
Has anyone put on a bed lining kit before, like the one duraliner makes for a do-it-yourselfer?
Are there ways to get a light blue bed liner??in a do-it-yourself kit?
what is the best way to scale the rust off the bed before rolling on the liner material?? A drill and a wire brush wheel?

SEANSTER 77' F150 XLT 2WD 400 C6 }>
Edel.cam,intake
CARTER 625 AFB

Pickupmanx2 04-23-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jefsto (Post 7419855)
I am familiar with the normal high pressure spray in bed liner's and their unfriendliness to the environment

Are you serious?!!! Holy cow,,,,

anyways, what I was going to say before I cracked up, I have had Line-X in my trucks before, and was completely pleased with the results, they stand behind their work, and will fix it if you gouge it. I had it in all my personal trucks and had it sprayed in my new work trucks as I bought them. I plan on doing all of mine once I get them all to the point they are ready. So I can cut some more trees to burn in the winter.

berry1234 04-23-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by bigred78 (Post 569454)
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-Jun-00 AT 11:16 PM (EST)[/font][p]I just put in the Hurculiner Kit about two months ago. It was pretty easy to do but it took half a day. It scuffed pretty easily, but I think because its not that thick. The spray on stuff I heard is about a quarter inch thick. If I was to do it again I would have put the money towards the spray in kind. It sucks cleaning it out too if you don't have a pressure washer because of the rough texture.

Bob
1978 F-150 4x4

Do you have any pics?

berry1234 04-23-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jefsto (Post 7419855)
I am familiar with the normal high pressure spray in bed liner's and their unfriendliness to the environment as well as the people who breath the air around them which lead me to do the research on an environmentally friendly, UV stable and long lasting. This lead me to a company called CMT who not only has all the above but can spray a CLEAR bed liner that allows one to have a color matching liner. These liners are also low pressure, can be sprayed cold, very minimal overspray, UV Stable, and more durable. I know they are looking for installers to.

Huh? Anyone talking about environment driving a old truck should be banned!