Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   November Chat Bring it on (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/898374-november-chat-bring-it-on.html)

BarryMc 11-01-2009 08:53 AM

November Chat Bring it on

November, Turkey month, haha, Man I love to fry some turkeys up, ain't nothing better than fried bird! :-D Can't wait. Mmmm..dressing, greens,cranberry sauce. It'll be Thanksgiving day before you know it.

Tell us what you like to eat on that filling day. :-X22

BarryMc 11-01-2009 11:40 AM

Oh! I almost forgot, We went over to Forest yesterday to ride 4 wheelers at Rock Bottom atv, It has like 550 acres to ride on over 20 miles of trails, It has lots of deep holes and mud, better have 4wd and a winch, I know, I pulled my friend out at least 5 times. I didn't take my camera, there was too much mud.

F1CORY 11-01-2009 11:10 PM

NOV...wow...well I am on the hunt for some front fenders for the 55..Cabs getting closer...Hey BARRY me and a bunch of buddys are goin to the rock on the 7th!!

Scndsin 11-02-2009 09:17 AM

Barry, I've jumped off a cliff with the rusty old 73 mach. Its comming apart. :eek:

Any tips on pulling the windshield/back trim & glass without destroying both?

BarryMc 11-02-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by F1CORY (Post 8098182)
NOV...wow...well I am on the hunt for some front fenders for the 55..Cabs getting closer...Hey BARRY me and a bunch of buddys are goin to the rock on the 7th!!

Cory, Y'all have a good time, wish I could meet y'all down there, take some pictures and post them on here, for sure next time I go I''ll take some! Try the burger and fries at the concession trailer, it was pretty good. Oh yeah, If you don't already know, it cost $20. to ride and if you have a passenger $5. more, but I think it's worth it, especially if you like mud :-X04

Originally Posted by Scndsin (Post 8098995)
Barry, I've jumped off a cliff with the rusty old 73 mach. Its comming apart.

Any tips on pulling the windshield/back trim & glass without destroying both?

Yeah, Be careful and don't break them :-missingt
You've got to have a trim tool to remove the w/s trim. I have one if you need to borrow it. Once you get the trim off, take a razor knife lay it flat on the w/s and cut the weatherstripping all the way around, the the glass will lift out with out breaking, I'll be in Brandon Tomorrow (Tues) and Wednesday if you need some help, I could run by if needed. Just let me know. I'd like to see it anyways. :-jammin

Scndsin 11-02-2009 06:00 PM

The rear glass & both trims are most important, front glass is shot. Give me a call when you're around & conveinent. PM if you don't have numbers.

redwood 11-04-2009 06:37 AM

Takin' my truck out to Porter Lane Offroad in Florence on the 14th (assuming I can get up on time). Will be the first time I've taken a newer model like this off road, and the first time this truck has been driven any way but gentle since I finished fixin' it ("fixin'" includes putting in another motor). I'm a little apprehensive... I want the old girl to do well,,,,

BarryMc 11-04-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by redwood (Post 8105777)
Takin' my truck out to Porter Lane Offroad in Florence on the 14th (assuming I can get up on time). Will be the first time I've taken a newer model like this off road, and the first time this truck has been driven any way but gentle since I finished fixin' it ("fixin'" includes putting in another motor). I'm a little apprehensive... I want the old girl to do well,,,,

What is "Porter Lane Offroad"?

redwood 11-04-2009 06:18 PM

It's a small off road club down in Florence. Mostly Jeeps I believe, but there are other makes as well. Just a bunch of good ol' boys and a lot of acreage set up to play on.

Their website is Porter Lane Off-Road

BarryMc 11-04-2009 08:51 PM

preciate that, they got some good looking trails. Could get interesting.

redwood 11-04-2009 10:44 PM

I'm hopin' the old truck does well. Probably gonna try to avoid any of the real rough stuff. Haven't had it long enough to tear up a fender and not cry about it....:rolleyes:

BarryMc 11-08-2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by F1CORY (Post 8098182)

Cory, How did the ride go at the rock? I hope you didn't tear anything up :-X09

There's some bada$$ mud holes over there.:-innocent

PreciousOne 11-11-2009 09:32 AM

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_olFb0sTPmA...terans+Day.png

PreciousOne 11-11-2009 09:34 AM

G:):)D M:)RNING, Mississippi~~~

Scndsin 11-11-2009 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Vetrans Day to you Tammie as well as everybody else. :-D