Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Any one in or near Duluth? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89603-any-one-in-or-near-duluth.html)

4fords 10-10-2002 07:00 AM

Any one in or near Duluth?

Boss_358 01-08-2003 08:04 PM

I was just wondering if anyone in that area has heard of and/or has ever dealt with a salvage yard named ISR.

RichB 01-14-2003 07:04 AM

Never heard of ISR in Duluth. Can't find the name in the phone book either. Any more info to go on? BTW I live in Duluth.

Boss_358 02-01-2003 12:41 PM

Sorry, The place is actually in or near Cloquet. I just ask because we totalled our new truck in December and ISR is where our insurance company sends the totalled vehicles. Well anyways they picked it up before I could go and get our new Draw Tite trailer hitch off of it. I just have doubts that any one there made it completely through school, and am questioning if they can even read or write. We had nothing but problems trying to get this part back which was technically still our property. On occasions we were lied to saying that the part was already mailed when later we found that it was not. And so on and so forth. I am just weary of their business practices. I miss Anoka wrecking, thats for sure. They put a bank where it used to sit. What a shame. Progress is not always for the better.

RichB 02-04-2003 06:53 PM

I may know where that place is. Have wondered what it was called never found it in the P book either. Kinda scruffy looking place. Last summer they were trying to sell 3 wrecked boats as a package deal. Boats were different types, who knows what they were thinking.

LuckyFord79 02-21-2003 11:40 PM

Just moved out of Duluth Never heard of ISR. I usually went to HWY210 suto. Seemed like good guys there.:cool:

Boss_358 02-21-2003 11:46 PM

Actually the place was in or near Cloquet. This is another problem I had with them. They gave me the impression that they were near Duluth. Actually, now that I think about it. I couldn't even be shure if its near Cloquet. The only thing that I am sure about this place is that they lie and ripped me off and probably rebuilt the truck and sold it. I ran a free carfax report which said that the truck had no problems.

Bogn 03-09-2003 05:29 PM

ISR is in Barnum. I'm a member there and purchase wrecked vehicals from there, they seem pretty knolegable about stuff there.

skywagon 03-09-2003 06:25 PM

Mike from Anoka Auto parts is now operating in Isanti.:D :D

Boss_358 03-09-2003 08:19 PM

If knowledgable is trying to fullfill a task of sending a trailer hitch and mounting hardware that was not included in an insurance claim, and sending the trailer hitch and bumper brackets instead, which was preceded by being lied to on several occasions, and then having the owner/manger or whoever crying about who is going to pay for shipping, then I think I need to further my education. I couldn't believe it. They had our $25,000 truck, and he was crying about shipping. I now understand why our insurance company USES them. Yes, its only a $120 accessory that can easily be replaced, but the thing is that they said it would not be a problem, and it became one. Thats ok I'm happy now. The truck is replaced, we got the hitch back along with an extra set of bumper brackets and I spent a whole 45 minutes making new mounting hardware which my grandfather is plating for me. Case closed.

ZRob 03-25-2003 09:08 AM

I'm in Duluth also, they just put in a new ISR place on the Rice Lake Road , about 8 miles N. of Martin Rd.