Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum27/)
-   -   Possible to Convert Bench to Bucket Seats + Console??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8940-possible-to-convert-bench-to-bucket-seats-console.html)

DigitalMice 07-19-2001 10:35 AM

Possible to Convert Bench to Bucket Seats + Console???

I have a 97 Expedition with a bench seat. I'm VERY interesting in getting bucket seats with a console. I spoke with a local ford shop who immeditately discouraged me from doing this and finally gave me the price of around $2000.00.

Is this accurate? I've looked on the web and found a few replacements that may or may not work for 1/5 of this price. Anyone done this before?

Help!

Wooskie 08-01-2001 04:08 PM

We bought our 2001 in December and had the dealer put two bucket seats in but without a console (so our children could walk to the 3rd seat). If this is a start to your question, I can ask my husband how much he paid to make the 'conversion'. I think the console is the cheapest part.

DigitalMice 08-02-2001 08:45 AM

That would be great. I imagine it wasn't cheap. I spoke with one dealer who quoted me $800 per seat which didn't include the console. This seemed a little high but maybe this is just wishful thinking.

I'm wondering weather it would make more sense to just go trade in my Expy for a model that already has the bucket seats and console.

Thanks for your reply!

- Mark

2001ExpeditionOwner 08-03-2001 12:06 AM

DM.....I was going to suggest what you just said about trading you 97 in for a 01. They are making great deals on them right now, I just bought mine Monday ($3,300 off the sticker) and the APR right now is 0.9%!!!! I am only paying $740 interest over the life of the 60 month loan.....not bad AT ALL!

Now is the time to do it.....that $2,000 is a nice down payment, you know?

P.S. I am not a car salesman, nor do I work for Ford :) Just some advice.

boe_ski 07-31-2002 07:11 PM

My '97 EXpy had bench seats and it was eating me up with the wasted space that I could be using for storage, I found a rolled 2002 in Philly and purchased the center console and seats for $300, (had to purchase both seats but I only swaped out the passenger) and it fit perfect, took about 2.5 hours and don't worry, the additional holes needed were already there just hidden under the rug and plugged. You should see it now, looks almost like it came from the factory.

EJS_2000 08-01-2002 12:15 AM

Right now, i'm addicted to Ebay, so I'd have to recommend you shop there first. I've seen both seats and consoles sell for cheap!

BigMick_97_Expy 08-07-2002 08:51 AM

Are you guys talking about second row bench seats? If so thats cool. I wish I had second row bench seats...

Big Mick

1997 Expedition XLT
K&N Air Intake
Hellwig Anti sway bar
Flow master
Plus extra mods.....

rowiebowie 08-08-2002 07:30 PM

Hey Digital Mouse:

On the wild chance you're in Texas and have the green interior (in perfect shape)I'd be willing to consider a swap. It's a very long shot, but let me know. ROY

================================================== ====

>I have a 97 Expedition with a bench seat. I'm VERY
>interesting in getting bucket seats with a console. I spoke
>with a local ford shop who immeditately discouraged me from
>doing this and finally gave me the price of around $2000.00.
>
>Is this accurate? I've looked on the web and found a few
>replacements that may or may not work for 1/5 of this price.
>Anyone done this before?
>
>Help!
:-roll

DCS 03 10-03-2002 08:02 PM

Warrant 10-08-2002 05:39 PM

Try the following link for bucket seats with fold down console.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&sid=12923597& store=Truck+and+RV+Supply&colorid=9&fp=0&query=ben ch+seat+console&srchdesc=y