Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Nominations/Volunteers for Chapter Leader (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/882998-nominations-volunteers-for-chapter-leader.html)

lariat97 09-07-2009 09:38 PM

Its time to elect a new CL

Some of you know about my plans to move but its official now. I'm moving back to my home in La next month. We planned to move in Jan but my wife's new job needs her sooner than expected. I could start my new job tomorrow if I wanted.
I will miss the CL job.You guys are the best. Your choosing me as your chapter leader really means a lot to me. My one regret is not meeting all of you in person instead of over the net.
It time to nominate & vote in a new CL.I'll continue to do the job till a new CL is elected
Thanks for giving me the honor of serving as your Tn chapter leader.
Howard Frye

glruff 09-08-2009 09:12 AM

Just to add some information for the nomination or volunteers who step up to be the chapter leader.

Originally Posted by Chapter Guidelines
3. Chapter Leader Qualifications: In order to qualify as a nominee for the Chapter Leader position, the candidate must be at least age 21 and a registered user on FTE for a minimum of 60 days at the time of nomination. (Clarified 01/27/2009)

4. The Chapter Leader Election Process: To select a Chapter Leader: After notifying a Regional Chapters Moderator, a thread in your chapter forum shall be opened for 30 days to take nominations from willing candidates to fill the position. When the nomination poll is closed, FTE will provide a list of approved candidates from that poll for the final vote . A 14 day poll will then be opened for the membership to elect their new Chapter Leader from this list of approved candidates.

In the event no one is nominated or elected to the position of Chapter Leader all member approvals will be put on "Auto-Approve". FTE shall be the sole arbiter of the Chapters viability, and will make all decisions regarding it's continued existence.

Make sure that the person you nominate will accept the position.

Nominees/Volunteers introduce yourself, provide a brief detail of what you do, where you live and add your first name to your signature.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me glruff or FTE Trigger a PM or otherwise post your question.

Chapter Guidelines are here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter Leader Guidelines are here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

torkum 09-14-2009 09:15 PM

Ok guys, throwing my name in the hat for the job of filling Howard's shoes.
For those of you that don't know me my name is Tim Forkum and I live in Mount Juliet, TN just outside of Nashville on I40. I try to eat and breath Fords, especially trucks. My Ford experience has included 8 F150s and 3 Mustangs. If you guys have any questions fire away and if you elect me I would enjoy meeting as many of you as possible through regional gtg.

Customcab 09-15-2009 10:51 AM

I wil support ya Tim 100%; once the offical viewing and timeline is meet.
Also God's speed to howard and family moving back to bayou state.

Mitch

torkum 09-15-2009 05:20 PM

Thanks for your support Mitch.

Neal 97 250 09-15-2009 10:09 PM

torkum,
I want you to know that you will have my vote, just to be fair. Good luck to you my friend.
However, I would like though to throw my hat into the ring as the Chapter Leader also.

I typically hang with the 7.3 diesel crew but love all diesels from ford. I used to own an '88 F-150 with the 351W. Awesome truck also. I love to crank wrenches and have get togethers.
Gas or diesel it don't matter. I would absolutely love to lead this chapter in the future if you guys feel I am worthy. I have helped to coordinate several get togethers here in East Tn. and I have found I love it. I believe we can have an awesome Chapter that can be up there even with the biggest ones. We have some absolutely great people here in Tn. all we need to do is just rally them.

Even if I am not chosen as the Chapter Leader I can offer my help to assist in the growth of this chapter.

This is my official notification of volunteering to be Chapter Leader.

I certainly hope you guys feel am worthy. I will do my best to help whether I am CL or not.

God Bless,
Neal

jdecker88 09-16-2009 04:37 PM

Neal you have my vote my friend, he is the best man for the job as far as getting this forum motivated. He's been to every ETAPS rally, was a big part of getting Riffraff East 09 settled in this year. If you want someone dedicated and that will get the job done then Neal is your man

glruff 09-16-2009 04:41 PM

Hey guys this is NOT a voting thread. Its for nominations or volunteers for the chapter leader position.

Elections will be held after the 30 day nomination period passes.

Any questions, send me a PM.

Neal 97 250 09-16-2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 7940549)
Hey guys this is NOT a voting thread. Its for nominations or volunteers for the chapter leader position.

Elections will be held after the 30 day nomination period passes.

Any questions, send me a PM.

I realize that this is not a vote thread I was just offering my assistance and showing my interest in being the CL for this great state.

In case others are not sure there is a 30 day thread (this one) trying to locate possible new CL's by nomination or volunteer. Then the decision will be made as to who will be possible candidates then a vote will be asked for from you guys, the members.

Thanks guys for your support though.

Neal

Talyn 09-25-2009 09:20 AM

Red State FTE!

Just remember Nominees. That Chapter Leader position is more that just how many Ford's you own. You have to want to organize and get together with other members who share interests. How hard you work determines how successful your chapter is, to a point. If you have a Poor state like me, economically, then things don't go quite as easy. But I know that's not really the case for TN! Woo. Red state!
Oh sorry.
But anyways. Make sure you can devote the extra time to it every week. You essentially are a network hub for your members to communicate. You provide tools and references.
I try and keep track of members projects, parts for sale (Unless they are on the sight) and what they drive/own, just so I can refer members when they call me for information.
Now, that doesn't mean that it will work that way for you guys. You have to have your own style.
Like, George here for instance. I swear he never leaves his computer. :P *poke* at you GLRuff!

Cheers folks.
I'll try and answer any CL questions Via PM so we don't get this thread messied up and make George mad.

lariat97 09-25-2009 06:01 PM

I'm back for a few days. I hope to move a puter this trip. We have some good candidates.

maples01 10-02-2009 04:06 PM

Gonna miss ya Howard, been a long time since I've seen ya or talked tho. I'd volunteer, but I'm focused more on vannin and getting a van owners club started to attend truck'ins.:-headbang

glruff 10-07-2009 06:14 AM

Final call, are there any other nominations or volunteers?

glruff 10-08-2009 08:27 AM

Nominations and Volunteers for TN chapter leader is hereby closed!

Let the voting begin.