Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   engine swap time (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/882216-engine-swap-time.html)

bigdummyford 09-04-2009 10:28 PM

engine swap time

I am finally tired of not having my diesel, time to get'r dun anyone want to stop by and help let me know. i live in the duluth area

mndiesel 09-05-2009 01:15 AM

When are you doing it?????????

bigdummyford 09-05-2009 10:01 AM

when

starting about noon today

fordpower88 09-07-2009 09:38 AM

How is the swap coming along? I will be in Duluth but not untill middle of october.

bigdummyford 09-08-2009 08:49 PM

progress report

i have the front ripped down to the engine, next up is taking out the turbo and the ac pump, then the alternator and powersteering, so on so forth

Excursion4X4 09-18-2009 08:11 PM

Have I missed the whole thing??:-fire:-fire

mndiesel 09-18-2009 10:12 PM

Man I would love to come up and lend a hand but with my back I couldn't do much. Keep us updated on your progress. If you get it back together and need to run AE let me know I can do that anyway!!!!!

bigdummyford 09-19-2009 09:39 PM

Its out!

FINALLY, now tomorrow after my son goes back to his mom im gonna marathon the motors into the proper configuration as i am using an OBS block and my good parts and necessary parts. and MNDIESEL maybe ill make a road trip down to get it ran on your AE just to see how its working, im going to have the pyro, and the guage pod secured as well before im done here, lots and lots of things to do besides gotta get the aux tank working again and then a good cleaning..oil change, so much to do but I'll be back on the road monday barring major issues.

mndiesel 09-20-2009 01:26 AM

[quote=bigdummyford;7950944] MNDIESEL maybe ill make a road trip down to get it ran on your AE just to see how its working\quote]

You may not have too, it looks like we might be bringing the mother in law up north next weekend. She wants to see the lighthouse and goosbury falls so I will be up in your neck of the woods. We will have to meet up. We will be camping around Duluth somewhere. Let me know what you think. Anyone else want to get together and camp in Duluth next weekend, Jay, Dale, Lee, Leonard. Lets go!!!!!

Excursion4X4 09-20-2009 09:31 PM

Sounds too good to pass up......but I'm busy next weekend. Thanks for the invit tho.:-bigparty

DieselCamper01 09-22-2009 10:46 AM

Wish I could man but already have camping plans. Geez, I keep coming to the party late!

bigdummyford 09-23-2009 01:39 AM

now i know

now I know why i was smoking so bad, i had a broken intake pushrod so that equals a dead cylinder that wasnt getting any air, also the lifter popped out of its bore so there went my oil pressure. So yeah then i have to call dealership that worked on my injector cups because i found brass shavings inside the valve covers..........

Excursion4X4 09-24-2009 06:25 PM

Sounding like less fun than you might have thought. Sorry for the broken pushrod. What is the "ETF" (estimated time of finish)? :-innocent

bigdummyford 09-25-2009 12:50 AM

Etf

i have the motor pretty much put together now, i have the block and tranny mated now and its only a matter of time to get the two bolted fully, starter, turbo, cooling and intercooler and then I can start it to look for leaks, its gonna smoke like a bitch cause i swapped out to my new injectors but at least itll run again

bigdummyford 09-25-2009 11:50 PM

finally running

its all over but for the cosmetics