Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Climate Control Help Needed (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/881356-climate-control-help-needed.html)

Highalnder 09-01-2009 08:37 PM

Climate Control Help Needed

I have a 2008 F250 Lariat with the dual climate controls. When set on AUTO it blows hot air out the passenger side. When set on DUAL it blows hot air out the passenger side unless it is set on 60 degrees.

I have taken it to Ford three times. The first time they replaced a motor or valve that opens and closes a door to regulate air. Did not fix it.

The second time they could not replicate so they did nothing.

Today they replaced the control panel. Did not fix it.

I am tired of taking my truck in and leaving two days and not getting a fix.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing my problem.

Thanks.

Brandon D 09-01-2009 09:28 PM

Any chance there is a woman riding in the passenger seat when this happens, that might be the source of the hot air, haha. Sorry had to throw that one out there. Good luck with the problem.

WhëëlMå1 09-01-2009 09:30 PM

Moved to SD

sawtooth 09-02-2009 10:25 AM

i've got the same problem but I think its the blower door actuator which sounds like you've already replaced. I'm pretty sure this is my issue though because the actuator is making a crazy sound and sometimes I have cool air on both sides but sometimes I do not. I purchased the new part but can't figure out how to reach the rear bolt to remove the actuator. Anyone have any ideas?

Highalnder 09-02-2009 08:06 PM

The dealership called me today. They are going to bring in a Tech Advisor from Ford to look at my problem.

They are stumped. Maybe they can get this figured out.

sawtooth 09-02-2009 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Highalnder (Post 7895406)
The dealership called me today. They are going to bring in a Tech Advisor from Ford to look at my problem.

They are stumped. Maybe they can get this figured out.

Just so you know I think there are 3 blower door actuators on trucks with dual zone climate control. Not sure if this is your issue, but my truck is loosing the center actuator which is causing the driver side to be hotter than the passanger side. Trying to figure out how to replace it now without tearing out the whole dash.

I'm wondering if they didn't repair the correct actuator for you.

JKBrad 11-15-2009 01:22 AM

Did anyone find answer to this problem?

Today, my truck started doing exactly what Highlanders did, hot air out of the passenger vents, unless I set the pass side at 65 or less.

Also, for while now it has been making a strange faint buzzing noise from the AC head unit. Sounds like a small servo motor turning on and off real quick. I can't help but think that the two are related.

flpatsfan 11-22-2009 04:00 PM

All,

I am having the same problem also, exactly as described. I have not brought it in yet, but am about to so i hope someone has an answer. I don't want to bring it in and have the dealership guessing at what the problem was.

Also, the other symptoms is that there is a strange noise going on right behind the controls like a motor struggling, or a CD music disc constantly shifting, or something. This is even with everything off. So, something is going berserk. The other thing, is that when i drive down the road sometimes, i hear this strange "honking" howl type noise from right in front of the windshield/behind the dash.

I have an '08 F-250 CC Lariat V10 with only 10K miles.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Mystic_Cobra 10-05-2010 03:09 PM

I have the same issue on my 09 SD. Got 29,000 miles on it in 18 months and this started about 3 months ago. Took it in once and the service advisor tried to tell me to just turn the temp down on the pass side.

I don't want it to be 60 deg in the truck, I want 70!

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

sawtooth 10-05-2010 06:27 PM

yeah mines getting worse and getting ready to take it in. Anyone had these things fixed yet?

chambers 10-06-2010 10:35 AM

I had BOTH actuator motors replaced on my 08 Lariat. The right side is fairly easy to do....the left not!!! You must remove the entire dash assy as a unit. When you remove the dash (c/w) the Driver's Info Centre, you sever connection with the other two computers. ( power com & trans com) This requires a "master reboot, not something that you can do. If this is not done the truck will not start.

sawtooth 10-10-2010 08:19 PM

Chambers,

Once your truck was fixed did you experience any side effects from the repair? I'm speaking of other broken or altered items and or rattles etc. Thanks,

chambers 10-11-2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by sawtooth (Post 9424335)
Chambers,

Once your truck was fixed did you experience any side effects from the repair? I'm speaking of other broken or altered items and or rattles etc. Thanks,

No, much to my suprise!. It did however take about a week in the shop.
The service guys did not know about rebooting the computers and spent two days trying to get the truck started before calling Ford.

Mystic_Cobra 01-25-2011 09:15 PM

Just a quick update, I dropped the aircraft carrier off at the local dealer to have them look at the climate control problem. The service advisor called and said the tech had tracked down a faulty blend door on the passenger side. Two days in the shop so far. Will update going forward.
update: got the truck back just before our first snow storm of the year and everything seems fine. Time will tell.