Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Sad Day (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/873236-sad-day.html)

Wagion 08-03-2009 04:56 PM

Sad Day

I sold my 96 Bronco last night for $1000 bucks...
Had a 79 Bronco in highschool sold it when I graduated becasue it Coulomb make the drive back and forth to MI said I would get another some day. Then Ford stopped making them! I found a 1996 in Juneau and bought it with big plans but then bought a boat and never had any extra money again =) Awesome truck no power anything 5 speed, vinyl floors and seats. Oh well don't have room, time, or money to work on it anymore.

I just know I'm going to regret selling it.

Sometimes Juneau sucks if I lived up north at least I could live out in the country someplace and just park it in the back of the house till I got time.

Miss having junk yards to that is what kills me down here no junkyards have to have everything shipped in.

But then again I live where I want to so shouldn't really complain.

At least I sold it to a guy that will appreciate it.

747mech 08-07-2009 09:52 AM

Had a '92 with a 5.8 (351). Great rig. Was my wife's actually. We traded it for Expedition when our first son was born. Exped was ok, but wasn't the same of course. Bronco's were fun and could be rode hard. Wasn't '96 the last year they were made? Be cool if Ford came out with a new Bronco based on the SD frame.

Wagion 08-07-2009 11:24 AM

Yeah 96 was the last year they made them. It had the 5.0 V8, four wheel anti lock breaks and the independent suspension front axle which was someways good some ways bad. I personally always wanted to convert it to solid front axle and put disc breaks on the back. At least I didn't cash for clunker it and have it destroyed. I'm having a small break down over all the good truck parts going to waste in this program but I guess they are being recycled just not the way I think they should be.

747mech 08-10-2009 12:59 PM

Yeah, the front twin beam suspension was problems. Had it on the Bronco and '83 F-150. Forever changing tie rod ends. Even had a rod end rip out the wheel on the F-150 once.

Could be a great business for the government to sell all those old cars to a less developed nation. They could make some money off it. But don't blame me, I didn't vote for them.

Wagion 08-10-2009 01:19 PM

Yeah I didn't either just have to shake my head and wonder about people who did (vote for "them")

747mech 08-10-2009 09:20 PM

A conservative in Juneau? Glad to meet you. Good call on keeping the Bronco off the smashing block. Will be classics one day. Maybe some teenager will get his hands on it and give it the attention and money someone with no house and kids can devote to it.

Skip1970 08-11-2009 02:23 AM

move up north so you can get another, they are a dime a dozen around anchorage!

Aerocell4x4 08-12-2009 05:52 PM

:-wink Good evening everyone

Aerocell4x4 08-12-2009 05:54 PM

b-uno:

Eh, regarding the burning down of houses to help the economy.

At least that endeavor could be put to use clearing out blighted housing.

Aerocell4x4 08-12-2009 09:33 PM

:-wink Good :-X17 everyone