Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   July B/S thread have fun guys (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/864070-july-b-s-thread-have-fun-guys.html)

Sparky83 06-30-2009 11:14 PM

July B/S thread have fun guys

ready... set.... post your hearts out delaware...

glruff 07-01-2009 06:12 AM

Morning truck fans

tiny1 07-01-2009 07:14 AM

Morning George, Shawn and everyone else that drops by today

Sparky83 07-01-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 7667084)
Morning truck fans

mornin george...

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 7667172)
Morning George, Shawn and everyone else that drops by today

hey neil..

sddesigns 07-01-2009 07:19 AM

Good morning DE...coffee is on in NJ....hey Neil, George, and Shawn...

Sparky83 07-01-2009 07:20 AM

sup my homie steve....

glruff 07-01-2009 07:25 AM

Howdy Neil, Shawn, Steve, may be a wet one on DelMarVa today

Sparky83 07-01-2009 07:28 AM

lucky... send dome to me... i want rain....

BIGKEN 07-01-2009 07:45 AM

Good morning Dela-where...Welcome to July!!! Don't forget your galoshes!!!

67nukeford 07-01-2009 08:06 AM

Good Morning and Happy July Delaware!!

tiny1 07-01-2009 08:22 AM

Shawn, I will make sure that the next round of storms that we get gets diverted to you in Virginny. I can not remember a stretch like this of pop up thunder storm one right after another and for so many days. We have been like this for about a week now but things are looking better starting Saturday.

Sparky83 07-01-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 7667394)
Shawn, I will make sure that the next round of storms that we get gets diverted to you in Virginny. I can not remember a stretch like this of pop up thunder storm one right after another and for so many days. We have been like this for about a week now but things are looking better starting Saturday.

lucky... i like t-storms... like em so much ive washed a car in the middle of one... well amost... stopped halfway done cuz a couple of the strikes were coming too close for comfort anymore... like hitting the trees on the NEXT street in my own neighborhood kinda close lol...

sddesigns 07-01-2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 7667428)

lucky... i like t-storms... like em so much Ive washed a car in the middle of one... well amost... stopped halfway done cuz a couple of the strikes were coming too close for comfort anymore... like hitting the trees on the NEXT street in my own neighborhood kinda close lol...

You do know that lighting can travel up to 20 miles and there are little fingers that find the nearest ground...hhmmmm washing car...and can KILL YOU.....

I had a friend when I was about 15 that went on top of a really big mount of dirt during a lighting storm, I was there too....got hit and burned the zipper off his crotch, now mind you I haven't seen or heard from this guy in over 35 years and I'll bet he can still show you the scar.....

I also had a tree strike 50 feet in front of me, I though I was going to piss my pants, it was like a nuclear bomb went off in front of me. The tree was boiling and exploded like something in the microwave.

Another lighting story on the water, in Toms River NJ, I went to a naval academy that is no longer there, had a lighting strike off the dock we were on and the water went crystal clear and killed all the fish in it for a radius of about 100 feet, you could watch the murky water blend back into the clear water with the current.

I love lighting storms too, from the inside of my house...I get a little crazy when we have a threat of a storm, no doing dishes, showers, telephone, tv....I have surge protectors on every wire leading into my house as well as backup batteries for my electrical closet and computers.

So, needless to say I have a very close relationship with lighting, i just figure your only so lucky for so long before the proverbial saying "Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice." it just likes to follow me around closely.

Sorry for the long rant but lighting does that to me.....:-banghead

Sparky83 07-01-2009 09:08 AM

yup sure did know that.. even heard it cant also travel 50 - 100 miles as well too..

when i did that i was actually 10 yrs younger... looked at it as "hey free rinse cycle.." being that i like to watch lightning too it was an added bonus for me... believe me i have plenty of respect for lightning... im just one of them people thats in one of those bill envall heres your sign type of jokes...

67nukeford 07-01-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 7667494)
You do know that lighting can travel up to 20 miles and there are little fingers that find the nearest ground...hhmmmm washing car...and can KILL YOU.....

I had a friend when I was about 15 that went on top of a really big mount of dirt during a lighting storm, I was there too....got hit and burned the zipper off his crotch, now mind you I haven't seen or heard from this guy in over 35 years and I'll bet he can still show you the scar.....

I also had a tree strike 50 feet in front of me, I though I was going to piss my pants, it was like a nuclear bomb went off in front of me. The tree was boiling and exploded like something in the microwave.

Another lighting story on the water, in Toms River NJ, I went to a naval academy that is no longer there, had a lighting strike off the dock we were on and the water went crystal clear and killed all the fish in it for a radius of about 100 feet, you could watch the murky water blend back into the clear water with the current.

I love lighting storms too, from the inside of my house...I get a little crazy when we have a threat of a storm, no doing dishes, showers, telephone, tv....I have surge protectors on every wire leading into my house as well as backup batteries for my electrical closet and computers.

So, needless to say I have a very close relationship with lighting, i just figure your only so lucky for so long before the proverbial saying "Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice." it just likes to follow me around closely.

Sorry for the long rant but lighting does that to me.....:-banghead

Wow. Steve, I'm never going golfing with you if there is even a hint of inclement weather!!LOL!