Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vermont Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum229/)
-   -   VT Members Introductions (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/862606-vt-members-introductions.html)

wildstang 11-10-2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by materthegreater (Post 12470794)
Hey Jim, just now saw that you said you had some rims. I think you actually might have sold me one of those sets? Met at the McDonalds in West Leb. If it was you, wow it's a small world! Anyway got 'em all blasted and painted up and hopefully getting my new Cooper Discoverers mounted this coming week.

Holy crap that was! That is too funny! That was a long day. I went to petterborough and then sandown. Like 6 + hours driving getting truck parts from Craigslist.

Originally Posted by twosfamily (Post 12470915)
Hello Jim. I have a few sleds. It is a good area to ride, when we have snow. Last year was rough! I was able to do a little riding around the property, not much on the trails though.

Last year was rough. I got 700+ miles but 1/3 of those were from one ride. I got an 05 skidoo GTX 500ss.

V10FarmTool 02-28-2013 07:56 AM

Brandon Curtis from Hinesburg Vt drive a 99 F250 super cab short bed with the v10

wildstang 02-28-2013 06:08 PM

Welcome aboard Brandon. Awesome to see you've stumbled into our little world. I'm Jim, live in Orange. Stop into the monthly BS thread say and chat with the other great members.

sbryan 03-28-2013 08:26 AM

New member from Berlin

Shawn Bryan from Berlin, Central Vermont. Not quite legal yet but I have an F350 Lariat 6.7 CCLB with all the bells and whistles ordered and due in next month. It will be ruby red metallic which I understand is the fastest color! }>

Had Fords PUs before but not for a while. My old ride is a 2005 Toyota 4Runner. Wife's last ride was a 2003 Tundra. First time ever I have ordered exactly what I want so I'm looking forward to the new truck arriving. As far as what we'll use it for, hauling hay, a tractor, kayaks, etc. Most anything - we've missed having a truck for all the chores you seem to have in an old farmhouse.

Three kids, all grown up and we're both retired. Maybe someday we'll have a 5th wheen behind this truck and head south for January-March.:-X0A6

Guess that's enough. Look forward to the discussions.

Chris_Elliott 06-24-2013 04:58 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Chris, I live in the NEK, Danville to be specific. I recently graduated from college, went to Paul Smiths in the adirondaks, studied forestry. I have a temporary job in Northern NH, Pittsburg, where I'll be cruising timber all summer. Had to get a 4WD for this job, and was considering a new F150, because our family has always owned ford pickups. Almost bit the bullet on a 2011 reg. cab XL V6, was a real good price with some warranty remaining, but insurance for my age group is a killer. So, I got a 1976 F250 Highboy instead :-jammin and just put minimum coverage on it. It's got a 390, 4 speed manual, divorced transfer case, 36" humvee tires and manual steering :-X18 talk about being a bear to steer. But, it's a tough old truck, and the price was right. And I got to keep my car I had for running back and forth to college, so I don't have to feed the 390 all the time.
My dad has a 2003 super cab F250 5.4 as well. I want to hook chains and see which one would outpull the other, but I don't think he'd go for it :D

wildstang 06-24-2013 05:15 PM

Hello Chris. I'm Jim the chapter leader. I live in Orange. Snowmobile quite often up there. Got any pictures of your truck sounds sweet.

Chris_Elliott 06-24-2013 06:32 PM

The snowmobiling is pretty good up here. I haven't ridden in the past few years because I've been out of state at college and money's been tight to ride maybe one or two weekends a season. Hopefully I'll get my SRX 700 back on the trails this winter though. Pray for snow!

Here is some pics of the beast

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=255323&.jpg

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=255324&.jpg

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=255326&.jpg

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=255328&.jpg

wildstang 06-24-2013 06:36 PM

I'm a skidoo loyalists, 2009 GTX 500ss. I probably average 1200-1500 miles a year.

That is a nice truck. Should be fun in the mud up there.

Chris_Elliott 06-24-2013 06:42 PM

I did 2000 miles the last winter I rode. The yamaha is wicked fast, and corners like it's on rails but I'd like to upgrade to a nicer riding sled. Thinking a skidoo REV style. My girlfriends family has all skidoos, rode one of their REV's and I liked it. Doesn't have the power my 700 triple does, but it's not often I need to go 120MPH down the railroad bed :-jammin

I just got a set of matching tires for that truck, with alot better tread. Getting hard to find 16.5" tires, might have to convert it to 16" 8 lug eventually.

wildstang 06-24-2013 06:52 PM

My back loves the rev style. I put 10000+ on my 05 GTX 500ss. I like tighter wooded trails.

16.5 is an odd ball size. Good score on the tires

Redworks 06-08-2015 06:13 AM

1964 F100 Burlington

Hi all,
I'm Donal Dugan. I live in Burlington. I just got involved in a 64 F100. Already moded before I got here into I don't know what style. I worked on a lot for 60 era Ford Mustangs 25 years ago but was more interested in a truck this time around. I'm trying to get her road worthy first and then see where this goes. Hope when I get it driveable maybe I can make it to a get together. Hope my signature link works and you can see pictures.
Hope to meet you soon ON the road.

wildstang 06-08-2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Redworks (Post 15417357)
Hi all,
I'm Donal Dugan. I live in Burlington. I just got involved in a 64 F100. Already moded before I got here into I don't know what style. I worked on a lot for 60 era Ford Mustangs 25 years ago but was more interested in a truck this time around. I'm trying to get her road worthy first and then see where this goes. Hope when I get it driveable maybe I can make it to a get together. Hope my signature link works and you can see pictures.
Hope to meet you soon ON the road.

Good afternoon Donal. Welcome to the Vermont chapter. I am the chapter leader and approved your join request. I created a new member thread for you and please stop into the monthly BS thread to say hi and chat. That is a nice truck and looks to be in great shape. I have a 65 mustang that is all in pieces right now, well for the last 12-14 years anyways.

gnl.weirdness 10-05-2018 01:55 PM

Heyo,

Ben, live/work (run a video game design studio) in Stowe VT with my lady and our horses/dog/cats. Just bought my first Ford (96 F150 XLT 5.8l) with plans to just have it as a farm truck, but pretty much immediately fell in love and now want to restore it. It looks like the person who sold it to me might have played me and I think it is going to need some real TLC, but that is going to be half the fun I think. Hoping to get it to pass inspection once I deal with some completely rotted core rad mounts etc.

Would be stoked to find anyone around my area who might be interested in helping, I am not a mechanic but want to learn as much as I can and restore this truck to former glory days. I am a jeep convert (still love my jeeps though).

Stoked to be a part of this community and hope to meet some new faces/make some friends.

Cheers all

wildstang 10-06-2018 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by gnl.weirdness (Post 18233546)
Heyo,

Ben, live/work (run a video game design studio) in Stowe VT with my lady and our horses/dog/cats. Just bought my first Ford (96 F150 XLT 5.8l) with plans to just have it as a farm truck, but pretty much immediately fell in love and now want to restore it. It looks like the person who sold it to me might have played me and I think it is going to need some real TLC, but that is going to be half the fun I think. Hoping to get it to pass inspection once I deal with some completely rotted core rad mounts etc.

Would be stoked to find anyone around my area who might be interested in helping, I am not a mechanic but want to learn as much as I can and restore this truck to former glory days. I am a jeep convert (still love my jeeps though).

Stoked to be a part of this community and hope to meet some new faces/make some friends.

Cheers all

Good evening Been. I'm Jim, the chapter leader.
I have a 96 f250 crew cab short box, 4x4 7.3 diesel.
I like this style, the old body style (OBS). Rust is horrible. I have a Texas parts truck I bought and finally got up here. Next summer is the plan to use that to rebuild mine. You are about an hour from me, I live in Orange, just east of Barre.

wildstang 10-08-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by gnl.weirdness (Post 18233546)
Heyo,

Cheers all

Welcome to the herd. I have approved your chapter member request. I'll do a welcome post for you also.