Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   THE JULY 11TH G2G & Wrench Party (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/861166-the-july-11th-g2g-and-wrench-party.html)

mechmagcn 07-05-2009 04:07 PM

As it looks now, I doubt that I'll make the G2G. With Donna starting a new treatment this week and after being off work for 2 weeks, I really can't afford to leave home:-X15 Maybe next time.

1996pwrstrk 07-05-2009 04:14 PM

Thats ok Jeff we understand, give Donna our best and do what you need to. I think we will just have to cruise down and see you guys one of these Sat afternoons.

tojoski 07-05-2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk (Post 7682937)
I think we will just have to cruise down and see you guys one of these Sat afternoons.

Sounds like a nice cruise.:-D

oldwood 07-06-2009 10:41 PM

Dave, Count me in for the shin dig on Sat. Please give me directions or call me 501-626-0067. Thanks, Dorsey Williamson

Deven Mays 07-08-2009 06:28 PM

Lookin' 4ward 2 It

My wife Gina and I are looking forward to meeting other Fordnatics. It's going to be an argument as to which truck we'll drive so we'll probably both drive.
Are you cooking or buying B-B-Q?

thanks/deven

:-drink

tojoski 07-08-2009 07:06 PM

Dave is going to order the BBQ from a place down the road from where the GTG will be held. We will all pitch in to make sure no one has to front the major cost.

Hopefully Dave will post up soon and let us know if we will be getting the beans and slaw from the bbq place too.

Everyone usually brings a few of their own drinks, that way everyone has something they like, and we usually bring a side dish of some sort; casserole, dip, ect.

We are bringing brownies and a pineapple cake.

1996pwrstrk 07-08-2009 07:37 PM

I am waiting for a return call from the owner ,I am going to get prices on beef ,pork ,beans ,and slaw if you want also.

tojoski 07-09-2009 07:07 PM

I spoke with Dave a minute ago and he asked me to post for him as he is on the road this evening and won't have internet access.

He got the BBQ beef and pork ordered, as well as buns, beans and slaw.

Grand total was about $97, split between all of us it comes to something like $12.50 a member.

If you've got a few lawn chairs, bring em, and don't forget to post up what side dish you're bringing.

Dave has all the utensil's covered, and potato salad is covered also.

Deven Mays 07-09-2009 08:32 PM

Side dishes

Well, my wife Gina was goin to make her famous tater salad or slaw or beans, so she can do her green onion roll-ups. They're an appitizer (I can't spell horsedevores) that go great with BBQ and beer. Speakin of which, is this a "family" thing or a family that drinks beer thing?

look 4ward 2 saturday...... deven

cookie88 07-09-2009 09:17 PM

Although we are a family friendly bunch.....we have been known to put a few back during these things. :)

There are a few cold ones already on site ;) so we should have ya' covered there.

tojoski 07-09-2009 09:24 PM

I'm bringing a few more, although I realized today all I have left are the BL w/ lime.

oldwood 07-09-2009 09:28 PM

I hope someone will give this Newbie directions to this function. Where in J'ville??? I'm bringing a homemade apple pie. Thanks, Dorsey

cookie88 07-09-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by oldwood (Post 7700496)
I hope someone will give this Newbie directions to this function. Where in J'ville??? I'm bringing a homemade apple pie. Thanks, Dorsey

Absolutely. Dave sends his apologies. He was intending to get back with you, but his schedule this week has been a bit crazy.

The address is 13707 Peters road, J'ville. It's a couple of miles straight north of the air base.

Here's a google map: Click here!

Deven Mays 07-09-2009 09:40 PM

Being A Newbie

Thats cool. Being newbies it's like meeting your inlaws for the first time. You gotta do a little recon, figure out when and if and how loud you can cuss if you stump your toe. Hide your beer or ask her old man if he wants one.
We're going to a BBQ for Ford Truck freaks so it couldn't be too prim and proper could it!

:-drink

cookie88 07-09-2009 09:48 PM

Haha...well, we don't generally let ourselves get sloppy around momma and the kids, but we do have our fun.