Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Sequim, WA (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/855680-sequim-wa.html)

Pat82Bronco 06-04-2009 07:51 AM

If you have to keep both hands on the wheel how are you supposed to "let your fingers do the walking"? (you know, the commercial of course :-missingt)

caseys 06-04-2009 09:12 PM

By palming...the steering wheel, I suppose.

Pat82Bronco 06-06-2009 08:54 AM

Caseys,
Where are you at? In Sequim I take it.

caseys 06-06-2009 02:34 PM

No, not Sequim ... Seattle. At least both start with "Se". Spent time there in the past when we stopped in PA during my Coast Guard days.

forddude05 06-06-2009 08:19 PM

I live in Sequim. I actually work just off the roundabout at the rental store just north of the Napa. If it's the navy blue bronco with white stripes down the sides I know who owns it, his name is Rocky. I thought about buying that truck.

Pat, you may have seen me around town - I have the Grey '86 bronco. There's two other grey ones, a first gen fullsize and a third gen. Both are lifted. Mine's not. :-lamesign Oh well, someday.

Hey, maybe I'll see you around sometime!

Pat82Bronco 06-06-2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by forddude05 (Post 7582256)
I live in Sequim. I actually work just off the roundabout at the rental store just north of the Napa. If it's the navy blue bronco with white stripes down the sides I know who owns it, his name is Rocky. I thought about buying that truck.

Pat, you may have seen me around town - I have the Grey '86 bronco. There's two other grey ones, a first gen fullsize and a third gen. Both are lifted. Mine's not. :-lamesign Oh well, someday.

Hey, maybe I'll see you around sometime!

I probably have seen you around. Mine's brown and white (for now) and currently topless for another week or so.
We'll have to hook up some time.
Mine is now not lifted so I guess I'm lame too:-banghead. The lift was a "home made one" the PO made and it finally gave out (long story) but I got it back to stock for now.
Have you done any good wheeling around here?
Catch you later.
Pat

Pat82Bronco 06-06-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 7581349)
No, not Sequim ... Seattle. At least both start with "Se". Spent time there in the past when we stopped in PA during my Coast Guard days.

I bet you get some real good views in Seattle in the Bronco. I love driving down town Seattle and looking 8D.

caseys 06-07-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pat82Bronco (Post 7582359)
I bet you get some real good views in Seattle in the Bronco. I love driving down town Seattle and looking 8D.

I ain't got a Bronco, just an Explorer and Ranger ... but spend time hanging out with the chick in the Mustang.

NumberDummy 06-07-2009 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pat82Bronco (Post 7560619)
Was out picking up parts today (Sunday, 31May) and saw a Blue Bronco with its top off leaving by NAPA. Didn't get a chance to turn around. Was it anyone one here? Just checking. I was driving the Brown and White Bronco with the top off too.

How long have you lived in Skwim? :)

Sequim was where Duffy's Bronco Parts was located for decades, before he moved back east.

forddude05 06-09-2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by NumberDummy (Post 7583642)
How long have you lived in Skwim? :)

Sequim was where Duffy's Bronco Parts was located for decades, before he moved back east.

I've lived here my whole life - a whole (almost) 22 years.

Yeah, Jim Duff is a great guy. I spoke to him on a few occasions, even interviewed him my senior year in high school for my senior thesis paper on the impacts (positive and negative) of off-road recreation on the environment, especially on the Olympic Peninsula.

Too bad he never got into Fullsize Broncos. :rolleyes:

forddude05 06-09-2009 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pat82Bronco (Post 7582355)
Have you done any good wheeling around here?

I'm more of a mess around in the mud and drive around on the fire roads guy than a flying high bouncing off trees kinda guy. Ever wonder why you see so many Toyotas around? It's 'cause they are about the only thing short of a quad or Rhino that will fit through all the good, technical trails around here. Almost all my friends have 'Yotas and almost all of them wheel. Fullsize trucks just don't seem to work well around here. That is - if you don't want to readjust your body panels with a tree as you drive.

I heard there's some good spots up the B 1000 road (Howard Heights/Woods Rd) but can't say one way or another - haven't been up there. Ever driven from Palo Alto Rd. in Sequim to Quilcene on USFS roads only? Willing to show ya the way if you want. Heck, I'll even show ya where I messed up royally 2 days after Christmas one year. Getting stuck in a ditch 8 miles from pavement with the (now ex) wife and baby at dusk wasn't my most shining moment. I'll just leave it at that.

Sounds like you, Mike and me need to get together for a beer sometime. Yes Mike, I know we never got around to having a beer, but now's your chance. :-X18

Pat82Bronco 06-10-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by forddude05 (Post 7593581)
I'm more of a mess around in the mud and drive around on the fire roads guy than a flying high bouncing off trees kinda guy. Ever wonder why you see so many Toyotas around? It's 'cause they are about the only thing short of a quad or Rhino that will fit through all the good, technical trails around here. Almost all my friends have 'Yotas and almost all of them wheel. Fullsize trucks just don't seem to work well around here. That is - if you don't want to readjust your body panels with a tree as you drive.

I heard there's some good spots up the B 1000 road (Howard Heights/Woods Rd) but can't say one way or another - haven't been up there. Ever driven from Palo Alto Rd. in Sequim to Quilcene on USFS roads only? Willing to show ya the way if you want. Heck, I'll even show ya where I messed up royally 2 days after Christmas one year. Getting stuck in a ditch 8 miles from pavement with the (now ex) wife and baby at dusk wasn't my most shining moment. I'll just leave it at that.

Sounds like you, Mike and me need to get together for a beer sometime. Yes Mike, I know we never got around to having a beer, but now's your chance. :-X18

Yeah we need to hook up sometime soon. I'm tied up all this coming weekend and next week but maybe the next weekend. Throw back a few beers and maybe hit a trail or two or????
Just put the top back on the Bronco, hate it already. Loved the cool fresh air coming in. Maybe take it off again next week.
Haven't done any wheeling around here but have down south and out around the Forks area.

forddude05 06-14-2009 10:29 PM

Pat, did I see you park and walk into the Carlsborg Shell station this morning around 9:15-9:30? Brown/white bronco w/ black wheels?

If so, I was at the light at Carlsborg Rd heading south. Not sure if you saw me.

Pat82Bronco 06-14-2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by forddude05 (Post 7610834)
Pat, did I see you park and walk into the Carlsborg Shell station this morning around 9:15-9:30? Brown/white bronco w/ black wheels?

If so, I was at the light at Carlsborg Rd heading south. Not sure if you saw me.

That was probably me. Sounds about the time I was there. Had the top back on and now its off again (took it off this afternoon after I got back from the track). Didn't notice/see you. I was in my own world this morning. You should have swung around and I would've bought you a cold one. I don't live too far from there, back towards sunny farms area. One of these days we'll have to hook up.

forddude05 06-15-2009 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pat82Bronco (Post 7610979)
That was probably me. Sounds about the time I was there. Had the top back on and now its off again (took it off this afternoon after I got back from the track). Didn't notice/see you. I was in my own world this morning. You should have swung around and I would've bought you a cold one. I don't live too far from there, back towards sunny farms area. One of these days we'll have to hook up.

I actually live 2 doors south of the Old Mill Cafe. Howdy, neighbor!