Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Update: Not good news (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/854738-update-not-good-news.html)

mechmagcn 05-27-2009 09:28 PM

Update: Not good news

Well, I guess it's about time for another update on Donna's condition. After coming home from Houston, she started a new combination of chemo. Dr. said we would see significant results within 2 months, we did, she is significantly worse! With the way that the existing tumors have grown and new ones have appeared, I think that stuff was like adding fuel to the fire. The oncologist more or less told us that he had done everything he could :-X15 , there is no more conventional chemo to try. We are now waiting for a call from MD Anderson in Houston to see if we can return for a consultation and maybe some other form of treatment. If there is nothing that they can do, I am afraid the end won't be too far in the future.:'( With no treatment, maybe a few months.
Those of you who saw her at the G2G last year would hardly recognize her now, she looks to have aged at least 10 years since. I think I have aged a few myself during this ordeal too.
After 23 years together, I don't know what I could do without her. For 2 people from such different backgrounds and age differences, we have so many common intrests.
We have really felt comforted by the prayers and well wishes of our friends, I can't even start to thank everyone enough for all of them.
I will continue to update as I can, hopefully with some better news.

557mudracer 05-28-2009 08:33 AM

Jeff I am sorry to hear things are not looking good for you all right now. If there is anything I can do or if you need help with anything dont hesitate to ask. Hopefully the man upstairs will hear the requests and send an angel with a miracle quickly to Donna's side. Keep your head up, enjoy your time with her and know you got people wishing the best for you.

jimkidd 05-28-2009 01:46 PM

My prayers are with you and your family.

jimbo

cookie88 05-28-2009 08:50 PM

Sounds like modern medicine has failed us yet again. Have you researched any of the homeopathic remedies?

Here's a few to look at:

Umi No Shizuku Fucoidan The Health Power of the Sea
TumorX & BioAnue Products to Cure Mankind Using Natural Products
Homeopathy in the treatment of cancer
OTHER TRADITIONAL CANCER TREATMENTS
Cancer and Homeopathic Treatments

There's hundreds more of them out there. Just google homeopathic cancer treatment.

tojoski 05-28-2009 09:09 PM

Jeff I cannot even begin to think what you guys are going through..

Here is a story I saw on the news this morning, it wasn't the exact article but you'll get the idea.

Breast milk used to treat cancer patients | WFAA.com | Local News: TV

Just remember you are both in our thoughts and thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop.

mudder460 05-28-2009 09:31 PM

Jeff, I feel sooo bad your you and Donna. I wish there was more we could do for you guys. Give Donna our best.

95Z71 05-29-2009 04:57 PM

Wow Jeff, terrible new and I feel for you and Donna. Wish you all nothing but the best.

Fomoko1 06-07-2009 01:11 PM

I`m so sorry to hear this Jeff, we`re in the same boat with my wife, her cancer has progressed to her liver after 3 years. Now, for us like you, life is a bummer.

BIGKEN 06-07-2009 04:40 PM

Jeff...Morris...I'll have a good thought for your ladies and you!!!

Fomoko1 06-07-2009 04:46 PM

Thank you Ken, at a time like this it means alot to us, the same for Jeff and his wife too!

cookie88 06-07-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fomoko1 (Post 7584166)
I`m so sorry to hear this Jeff, we`re in the same boat with my wife, her cancer has progressed to her liver after 3 years. Now, for us like you, life is a bummer.

"Life is a bummer"......that's got to be the understatement of the year. All of our best hopes for you and your family Morris.

mechmagcn 06-07-2009 07:48 PM

Morris, sorry to hear that your family is also fighting this dreadful disease. Keep on fighting though, we think it can be beat.
We are still waiting for an appointment at MD Anderson, maybe this week.:-banghead
If they can't do anything, we have been researching alternative treatments, and at this point will try almost anything.
Thanks all for the prayers and well wishes, we do appreciate all of them..
Jeff & Donna

Fomoko1 06-07-2009 07:50 PM

Hopefully it can be beat Jeff for all of us.
We find out more on the 17 this month after another CT scan.
Thanks Scott, like Jeff says, we`re comforted by prayers and well wishes.

mechmagcn 06-11-2009 12:31 PM

Well after many phone calls and much frustration, we finally have an appointment date. We head back to Houston on the 21st. This time we were able to get a site at the campground that has a shuttle service to the hospital. Will update as we know more.

Fomoko1 06-11-2009 07:15 PM

Hope all goes well, all that waiting around is a bummer.