Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   Need help to make a 99' Lightning FASTER (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8518-need-help-to-make-a-99-lightning-faster.html)

un4real 02-02-2000 08:22 PM

Need help to make a 99' Lightning FASTER

Got a 99' Lightning stock except for a Pro M mass air sensor with K&N cone air filter. Want to run atleast high 12's to leave sports cars in the dust. I know the stock takes plenty of them already, but I'm reffering to vettes and other high end sports cars. Major kudos for FORD and SVT, this truck kicks a**.

P.S. My father has a vette and I the Lightning, in my opinion the lightning is by far a meaner toy than the vette. If I had a choice I'd still choose the Lightning. For those of you who have a lightning, you know what I'm talking about. For those who dont, beg for a drive if you have the chance.

Trail_Rider 02-03-2000 10:24 PM

I could be wrong but it would seem to me that a little factor know as aerodynamics might come in to play here.

Trail Rider

robertc 02-09-2000 10:24 PM

All it takes is a few bucks. Go to Superchips.com
and they will fix you up. Or check out Power Surge
Perf.com. They did fix mine up. Got a pretty bad
Lightning(#914) that is slammed and looks great. Can't wait till spring after the salt is washed
away and I can go looking for a C5 or two.

DeenHylton 02-25-2000 07:37 AM

>All it takes is a few bucks.
>Go to Superchips.com and they will
>fix you up. Or check out
>Power Surge Perf.com. They did fix
>mine up. Got a pretty bad
>Lightning(#914) that is slammed and
>looks great. Can't wait till spring
>after the salt is washed
>away and I can go looking
>for a C5 or two.
I love my Fords too...but I do have a C-3 (77 Corvette) sitting in my garage that's been slightly tweaked to run low 12's at 110 in the quarter and is still streetable. When you get done with the C-5's...look me up :)

TampaBayLightning 02-29-2000 10:29 AM

The only Lightnings that are into the 12 sec. range have the following.
Performance chip, Air induction mod, Traction control device, AND Nitrous....

If you don't mind a low 13sec. truck, forget the nitrous.

Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning RED!!! All the above mods. and then some(except the nitrous).

Wild 04-19-2000 10:40 AM

Sean Hyland Motorsport has been working with the lightning. They have a few things listed on their website, like a dyno before and after the chip, and mass air mods. <a href="http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com">www.seanhylandmotors port.com</a>

maverick113 08-13-2000 09:20 AM

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 13-Aug-00 AT 12:27&nbsp;PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 13-Aug-00 AT 12:26 PM (EST)[/font]

This post has been edited out by the admin because maverick113's a Amsoil sales weenie that ignored our no spamming guideline.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
https://www.ford-trucks.com

mauzer1 08-14-2000 06:58 PM

NITROUS OXIDE, ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID!!!!

D 08-14-2000 10:27 PM

un4real: Try a chip first. That is the cheapest mod with most horsepower and torque for the dollar. The Lightning spends too much time between gears. The chip cuts the shift time to less than half of stock. We have cut more time from the quarter-mile run by improving the shift than by adding horsepower. And for now, the chip is the only mod with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like it, send it back for a refund. You have nothing to lose.
Later
Danny

fordsajoke 12-21-2000 10:51 PM

Start out with a msd ign.box and coil.Then ad a FP performance or accell dfi programable computer to run you fuel inj.the accells cheaper,but the FP is easyer to program.After that your lightning engine can handle any modification you can dream up.You can take those wimpy hyd.roller lifter cams out and get solid lifter roller cams ground to any size you want now because the new computer isn't as limited as the stock one was.

lightning guy 05-02-2001 08:23 PM

just a few ideas.try a 12lb blower pulley,a ram air kit,a chip from any of the reputable companies,mass air meter,throttle body,put on a set of nice sticky et streets,an aluminum drive shaft,level 10 torque converter and shift kit,bisanni headers and catback system,then hold on and off ya go ,not a little faster,alot.bolt on mods of approx $1000 can boost rear wheel hp by over 100,any questions drop me a line
hamptonharley(No Email Addresses In Posts!)
LIGHTNING GUY

fmos racing 05-04-2001 02:41 PM