Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Bur-Vegas here (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/839869-bur-vegas-here.html)

contenderv07 04-08-2009 03:30 PM

Bur-Vegas here

Hey everyone, I made my intro in the "new person" section but wanted to post in the NC section. Right now, don't have a Ford, but I'm looking to get either an excursion or an f-250.

The excursion is the v10 located here
Morrison Motor Company

and here's the f250

https://www.dealercarsearch.com/Media/210/s-0390_17.jpg

The X has 58k miles and the 250 has 88k. I have NO experience with diesels but from what I hear that amount of miles is nothing for this thing.

Like I said in the newbie post, I'll only be towing a 24 foot skiff (yea it's overkill) so I'm not worried about power for either one. Would both of those be ok or which one do you like??

thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to learning a little

MAKO314 04-09-2009 05:25 PM

either one will be fine for what you're wanting, however if the diesel is a 03 or 04 run from it. the later model 6.0 are not that bad. the V10 EX will drink alot of gas but they're nice and have lots of good power. Oh welcome to the NC chapter!! you've been to Jimmie Morrisons on Old Charlotte rd? where do you live, I'm in Kannapolis just up the road about 10 miles..

contenderv07 04-10-2009 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by MAKO314 (Post 7367452)
either one will be fine for what you're wanting, however if the diesel is a 03 or 04 run from it. the later model 6.0 are not that bad. the V10 EX will drink alot of gas but they're nice and have lots of good power. Oh welcome to the NC chapter!! you've been to Jimmie Morrisons on Old Charlotte rd? where do you live, I'm in Kannapolis just up the road about 10 miles..

I think I'm going with a diesel. I don't live in Charlotte, just saw some of his stuff online. Do you know anything about his cars/trucks?? Is he pretty reputable?? I won't be able to get anything until this summer (the wife wants to keep the Jeep at least one more summer), after then its on the chopping block. Hopefully, I can become an "official" member this summer8D

MAKO314 04-10-2009 01:05 PM

Morrison is a good guy, I went to school with his son. he has some realllllyyy nice car,truck and bikes if you're looking online be prepared to change your mind when you get to his lot. he has so many vehicles that aren't on his website it aint funny. the good thing is he don't take crappy trades and he don't buy or sale crap all his vehicles are top notch and most very low miles. Oh and BTW you can be a member of the NC chapter without paying just follow the "how to join the NC chapter" thread link, it's that simple.

bhspet 04-10-2009 03:14 PM

"Oh and BTW you can be a member of the NC chapter without paying just follow the "how to join the NC chapter" thread link, it's that simple."

That simple huh??? Seems like in the past few weeks I've paid.....me and BH...just putting up with....(edited by BH...he's had a bad day)....

MAKO314 04-10-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by bhspet (Post 7371001)
"Oh and BTW you can be a member of the NC chapter without paying just follow the "how to join the NC chapter" thread link, it's that simple."

That simple huh??? Seems like in the past few weeks I've paid.....me and BH...just putting up with....(edited by BH...he's had a bad day)....

I never said it was free only he didn't have pay $$$ to be a member, plus all the old farts around this place like to give the nooobbies a hard time. but you made it so welcome to the club "again" :-missingt so what's up with the bushy tailed tree rat for a pet? where I come from we eat them varmits in pot pie!!:eek:

bhspet 04-11-2009 09:15 AM

Heh heh...my wife used to threaten to put her in a stew pot, I have a picture but it's on my other computer.
She wanting out of her cage right now, knows I've been working on the truck again. She's ready to ride! I might do better by just letting her under there with me and she could check it all out while it's still together, she don't mind the grease.

Oh, and I get a hard time on every board I'm a member of, cept one, thats cause everyone on it's scared of BH!!

jamie7375 04-15-2009 04:18 PM

If you go into the 6.0 diesel forum you can give them the vin number for that diesel and get an oasis. it will tell you everything that for has repaired on the vehicle..Very good information. i bought an 04 with 130k on it and never given me a minutes worth of trouble...just fyi...