Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   power seat power mirrors don't work (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/839665-power-seat-power-mirrors-dont-work.html)

tkosanke 04-07-2009 09:43 PM

power seat power mirrors don't work

2006 F150 king ranch, driver power seat does not adjust. power mirrors don't adjust, but switch to bring mirrors flush works. brake pedal power adjust does not work, checked fuses. any help with this one.

FTE Trigger 04-07-2009 11:08 PM

Welcome to Ford-Truck Enthusiasts! Sorry to hear about your power issues...

I'm wondering if there is a relay controlling those items... I'd have to pull my electrical schematics out and dig some. Assuming most of the controls and power distribution comes from the CJB... has to be there or perhaps a controller for a memory feature? Do you have the memory feature?

Also, Did you visually check the fuses or did you Ohm them out?

I'll go digging... hopefully someone else can chime in shortly...

tkosanke 04-07-2009 11:41 PM

i used an ohm meter. seat has a memory. also does not work. i thought it might be a relay also, and was looking for a schematic. thanks for the help.

tkosanke 04-08-2009 11:44 AM

problem solved. moved wiring harness and switches. had a talk with mr king ranch. on my way to the scrap yard, told him i was going to replace it with a gm silverado. wa la. problem solved. works now. thanks for your help.

tkosanke 04-08-2009 02:35 PM

it's back. probably a loose wire. any other suggestions?

GlenFord150 04-08-2009 08:42 PM

Have the same problem on my 2005 F150. Dealer wanted more money than I had just to look at it. I found full set of repair manuals on ebay for $65 and repair the problem in about 2 hours.

The control power for the driver power seat, memory switch, adjustable pedals and minors all are on 5Amp fuse #3. The power circuit is orange with a light green stripe and is spliced just below the fuse box. At that splice joint the wires were broken, it looked as acid was in the wires splice. Cutout the bad part of the wires, spliced in a piece of wire and all worked.

Just remove the trim over the fuse panel. Peel the tape warp off the wiring and you will the wires. It is only 18gauge and the splice is right where the wires turn at the floorboard.

Hope this help.

Glen

tkosanke 04-08-2009 09:43 PM

thanks for the reply. found the trouble. module under seat non op. had power to the module.
if module fails, all things go through module.

bpricef150 04-26-2009 05:39 PM

I have the same issue. Seats wont adjust and mirrors fold in but wont adjust. Is this a know problem? Ford wanted to replace the entire seat track and I know the seat motors are good.

bpricef150 04-26-2009 06:23 PM

Problem solved. It was the same orange wire with green stripe that the original splice had gone bad and broke. I replaced and now all is funtioning again.

PKHarmon 05-12-2009 10:14 PM

I as so excited to finally find this information! My eyes ache from scouring wiring diagrams. My truck interior has been in pieces for two days now. I've had no luck getting a copy of TSB 18399, which I thought might have been some help. And this afternoon, a Ford service rep told me it would be $600 just for them to diagnose the problem!

First thing tomorrow, I'll check out that orange wire with the green stripe. If that's not the problem, are you folks sure that a power mirror failure can also be caused by a faulty seat module?

Thanks again for the info, folks.

PKHarmon 05-14-2009 11:43 AM

One more corroded splice repaired...

Followed the instructions in this thread and found that I, too, had a badly corroded splice in the wires connected to fuse #3. I couldn't completely clean away the corrosion, so I cut it out and spliced in a piece of 18 gauge wire. Everything works again, thankfully.

Appreciate the help, folks!

agoent 10-25-2009 01:40 PM

2004 F150

I wish I knew you all personally so I could buy the beers. I owe you all big time.

I have been troubleshooting my seats for three months. With no success. Ford wanted bukoo bucks to locate the problem. One dealer wanted to replace the seats.

I googled my problem. Up came this blog. I found the orange wire with green stripe. I got excited. The info was correct. I followed it to the splice. The info was correct. I used a razor to open up the shrink sleave. Found some green corosion. Holly, C--p the info given by you guys was dead on ball accurate. Fully corroted and one wire was broken. 30 minutes into it today and the power seat was working

I repaired the wire. The seat works. The wife is happy (its her truck). And I may even "get some" tonight.

Life is great.

Thanks for taking the time to post to this blog. You guys are great.

Glenn

dobber97 12-08-2009 05:30 PM

This Forum is the greatest

I had this problem on my 07 F-150 Lariat. As usual if I have a problem on one of my ford trucks I come to this sight first. I found this thread vwolla had the same bad splice on the orange wire. I fixed it by soldering in a new piece of wire problem solved. Thank you guys again for helping so much.

ralex17 01-29-2010 01:57 PM

Thanks - Problem Solved

Thanks so much to you guys for taking time to post a solution to this problem. I just bought an 05 King Ranch F150. Yes, I'm very happy to finally have a King Ranch. It's actually for my son, but it's really mine (don't tell him).

The splice must have come lose during shipping from Florida because the dealer swears it was working when they shipped it. When I pulled the wire bundle apart, the small orange/green wire coming from the fuse box slipped out of the splice. Ten minutes later the seat was powered and the mirrors were humming.

One question. There was quite a bit of water in the channel the runs down the door sill just under the wire bundle. The water looked clean like it had not been there that long. The dealer pressure washed the engine - maybe the washer forced water through a door seam. I'm just wondering where else that water could have come from. Probably a lucky thing that I had this wiring problem which caused me to find the water.

aft2005exp 03-15-2010 06:02 PM

Hey everyone, I came across this thread trying to research why the power pedals in my 2005 EXPY were not moving. I was wondering is that wire the same one that controls this? Or does anyone know which wire is the one that powers the pedals? The pedals only move about 1/2 inch. Help, me sort it out please !!