Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Best Fuel Stations for diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/833903-best-fuel-stations-for-diesel.html)

mastertravler 03-22-2009 02:28 PM

Best Fuel Stations for diesel

Hey gang, just wondering if anyone out there had opinions of which stations have the best diesel fuel. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

mndiesel 03-23-2009 10:09 AM

Not sure where you are living but if you are by a truck stop those are usually the best. I live in Ne Minneapolis and I go to a holiday off 35w and industrial parkway. Its a really busy station so the diesel doesn't sit for days in there. Update your info in user cp so we know where abouts you live. Welcome to FTE and the State of Minnesota

DieselCamper01 04-08-2009 04:30 PM

i have not gotten bad fuel at any of the stations I have been to. Just do not use the little neighborhood style places. Any busier station or truck stop should be ok. welcome to FTE and the MN chapter

Excursion4X4 04-11-2009 09:59 PM

I like the FleetFarm in Brooklyn Park.

DieselCamper01 04-15-2009 08:06 PM

That's where I fill with diesel most of the time. It's on my way to work.

msmenne17 02-07-2010 03:49 PM

I live just south of Mankato, but I work in Mankato. There is a BP station on 169 just north of Mankato. I try to fill up their using their #2 Premium Diesel. I've heard from others that they've had good luck there. I've never used PowerService (until very recently as a test). I like the idea of going to BP because they actually post what their winterized mix is. It's 70/30 #2/#1 with a PowerService additive mixed in already. Kwik Trip seems to have pretty good fuel as well. I've had my 96 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 for just over a year now and have not had ANY problems with gelling using either of those stations. I haven't filled up anywhere else and don't really trust too many other places.

DieselCamper01 02-08-2010 08:09 AM

That's pretty good that they post their blend. I don't think I have ever been to a station that does.

msmenne17 02-08-2010 09:27 AM

Even better that it's "Premium" Diesel. According to some research I did, Premium has a minimum Cetane of 47. Add PowerService to that and I should be able to get my CN above 50. Just filled up this morning and my last tank (rear) was 16.6MPG. I'm not sure I believe it though. I generally don't get as good on my rear tank and it's the dead of winter. We'll see if it holds. I just started adding Powerservice to see if it makes any difference. I've never had any gelling issues, but the increased cetane should help MPG.

jdw1 02-13-2010 08:02 AM

I live outside of Cannon Falls, I fuel at the "Cannon Ball Truck Stop" often, if you pay with cash or check you get .04$ of per gal. If i am in the city's I head for Fleet Farm, in Hastings at the "M&H" on nwy 61 you can select your blend, the pump must have the abillity to blend it. Some times the "M&H" and "Holiday" have price wars and sometimes they seem a little high to me, you never know whats going on till you get there. I have never had problems with the "M&H" fuel. The "SA" in StCloud (ON hwy 10) is sometimes cheap but i never get good fuel miliage from there fuel.